Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why do people wish to go to really haunted locations?
i can understand wanting to have a brush with the paranormal, and have heard there are haunted bed and breakfast areas, the sallie house, and SO many other locations that are haunted, i do to some degree wanting to have proof of the other side, but considering that spirits live around us all the time and those more open minded provide a nice atmosphere for them to hang around in, why would people want to go looking when they could just try to communicate with those that share the same space with them?

also, doesnt going to these haunted locations attract the wrong type of spirits which could follow you home and cause problems in your once safe environment?
Why do people come to a paranormal forum?
Start researching so called haunted locations and you may be shocked at all the mis-truths and half truths surrounding them. They are created to make money and people who want to believe there is more after death then rotting away use it as proof.
Mostly for the fun of it. But sadly to say, many places claimed to be haunted are not.
It's not just the paranormal, but being in the presence of an infamous historic event that these places exploit the heck out of. The people that seek out the paranormal at these places think it's some sort of Hollywood film site filled with behind the scenes memorabilia. There's no respect that actual people, who had real families, some of whom are still around, had horrible things happen to them in very traumatic ways.
Even if these places are haunted, you're may or may not have an experience. It's not a zoo, and even at zoos you can't expect animals to be active for your entertainment. It's not a circus, either. I don't believe locations stay haunted forever, either. Some spiritual energies dissipate over time or the spirit moves on, finally.
You have to watch with the most popular of places. There was a Ghost Hunters episode where the team caught these restaurant owners tricking customers into thinking the places was haunted and not telling the TAPS team of their shenanigans. They were still trying to convince TAPS there was still a ghost there. There is a lot of pressure these owners have in living up the expectations of ghosts to keep business running.
The hero is brave in deeds as well as words - Aesop

Please all, and you will please none - Aesop
Some for the "thrill", some for "research experience", and then some because they want "proof" of some existence.
[Image: bygone1.gif]
(02-17-2017, 04:25 AM)angelaura Wrote: It's not just the paranormal, but being in the presence of an infamous historic event that these places exploit the heck out of. The people that seek out the paranormal at these places think it's some sort of Hollywood film site filled with behind the scenes memorabilia. There's no respect that actual people, who had real families, some of whom are still around, had horrible things happen to them in very traumatic ways.
Even if these places are haunted, you're may or may not have an experience. It's not a zoo, and even at zoos you can't expect animals to be active for your entertainment. It's not a circus, either. I don't believe locations stay haunted forever, either. Some spiritual energies dissipate over time or the spirit moves on, finally.
You have to watch with the most popular of places. There was a Ghost Hunters episode where the team caught these restaurant owners tricking customers into thinking the places was haunted and not telling the TAPS team of their shenanigans. They were still trying to convince TAPS there was still a ghost there. There is a lot of pressure these owners have in living up the expectations of ghosts to keep business running.

I think i know what you mean. I have heard about the Sallie house, the Villisca House, and other places. I know for a fact you ususally do not have to go far from you backyard to find someplace that is haunted.
My wife bought some linens from the Whaley House Museum located in San Diego, CA back when she lived there years ago. When she got them home she was in the process of bleaching them clean and become violently ill while trying to do it. Her mother had to finish cleaning them and she too became ill but after they hung them up on a line to drip dry outside in the sunshine and wind. After that the linens were no more of a issue. My wife repaired them and then ironed them, before selling them later on. They were tablecloth with matching napkins set and some smaller side cabinet covers too. They had been used for displays in the museum for some 50 years at that time some 20 years ago.

To me I always wondered why people would want to visit such a places.
[Image: bygone1.gif]
(02-17-2017, 08:44 PM)ByGoneYrs120 Wrote: My wife bought some linens from the Whaley House Museum located in San Diego, CA back when she lived there years ago. When she got them home she was in the process of bleaching them clean and become violently ill while trying to do it. Her mother had to finish cleaning them and she too became ill but after they hung them up on a line to drip dry outside in the sunshine and wind. After that the linens were no more of a issue. My wife repaired them and then ironed them, before selling them later on. They were tablecloth with matching napkins set and some smaller side cabinet covers too. They had been used for displays in the museum for some 50 years at that time some 20 years ago.

To me I always wondered why people would want to visit such a places.

i have heard numerous reports of taking items from haunted locations having horrible effects on the people that take them. i have no idea why they are haunted/cursed, but they are. I imagine the bright sunlight banish the evil juju attached to the sheets.
For me it is partly because i do wish to experience more, but i also do it to find out why they are there and if they want help, how do i go about it
Tarantulas: i have 20 soon to be 25. Haunted places i've had the pleasure to visit: randolph county infirmary.

Short disclaimer/reminder:

It is not advised in any way to enter a property without the owners written permission. Those who trespass will likely be arrested for their actions and face prosecution, which may result in fines, community service, or worse jail. No location and potential haunting or urban legend is worth breaking the law no matter what your peers may say. 
(04-04-2017, 08:05 AM)Tarantula enthusiast Wrote: For me it is partly because i do wish to experience more, but i also do it to find out why they are there and if they want help, how do i go about it

Most of the time it's by chance and unexpected. Think of ghosts as like cats. They'll come to you when they want you to notice them.
Forcing yourself into their territory, whether exploring a site, or moving into a home, ignoring warning signs. It'll end in negative response and it will likely have you running for the hills, possibly follow you home.
Treat the dead with respect. They were people, too, and still require privacy.
The hero is brave in deeds as well as words - Aesop

Please all, and you will please none - Aesop

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top haunted locations? UglyNRude 1 1,787 10-01-2016, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Is It Paranormal
  Any Haunted Locations in East Midlands in the UK? Malty 2 1,820 05-12-2015, 12:06 PM
Last Post: GypsyLaneSpirits
  Haunted locations in Michigan. snapdragon928 4 13,014 07-30-2013, 12:55 PM
Last Post: egoslam
  Haunted Locations in SE Michigan LCadoo 0 6,759 07-18-2013, 12:22 AM
Last Post: LCadoo
  Haunted Locations or Legend UglyNRude 8 8,282 09-19-2010, 01:20 AM
Last Post: UglyNRude