Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scary dream.. was it real? HELP!
01-08-2017, 06:02 AM
Rolleyes Scary dream.. was it real? HELP!
So, I moved into my apartment in September 16th. I haven't really had any occurances at all, except I feel like something's watching me and I sometimes see things in the corner of my eyes, but when I look nothing is there.
Well, last night something strange happened and I have never experienced this is my life. I had a dream, and I swear to god it was real life.
In this dream, I fell asleep on the couch in the living room and I was in the house alone because my boyfriend had left for basic (he leaves March 6). I opened my eyes because I could sense something and I saw a woman and a little boy standing in my hall way. They weren't normal people though. They were almost like silhouettes, but I could see their faces very faintly.
I start breathing heavier and they start walking closer. As I go to scream, the woman grabs my throat and begins to choke me. I'm gasping for air and I begin to cry as I look over and see this little boy. When I look at him, he just stares at me and then he does a demonic scream, like you usually see in the movies.
This woke me up and I started gasping for air, like whatever had me had released my neck. Nothing was there when I opened my eyes though, just my boyfriend laying next to me. I felt so cold.
It was about 1 am when I woke up from this dream. I don't know whether to think I just had a nightmare, even though I've never seen anything like this, I hadn't had bad thoughts or seen any scary movies that day.
Could it have been real? How do I know? What do it do?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2017, 06:26 AM
RE: Scary dream.. was it real? HELP!
A dream, a parasomnia event, something that may only happen once. If it does start happening more often you would benefit from a sleep study.
01-08-2017, 09:20 AM
The thing that makes me agree with the sleep study bit is that you were gasping for air. There are people who literally stop breathing for periods while they sleep. I could see someone who is having difficulty breathing while asleep having a dream that would coincide with what they were experiencing.

If you have that experience again, I would be on the safe side and check for sleep apnea.
01-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Since you said the child screamed like "in the movies", I believe this was mostly your imagination.

As for the gasping I agree with those who posted before me, this is probably sleep apnea, my father suffers from it and has the same symptoms occasionally.
01-10-2017, 10:30 AM
(01-09-2017 07:22 PM)Alakazam522 Wrote:  Since you said the child screamed like "in the movies", I believe this was mostly your imagination.

As for the gasping I agree with those who posted before me, this is probably sleep apnea, my father suffers from it and has the same symptoms occasionally.

My thoughts exactly on the movie thing.

I suffer from this format of sleep apnoea, you'll wake suddenly unable to draw breath for a second or so before sitting bolt upright, and before you say it never happened before, it's happened to me maybe 3 times in 5 years. Yes, it's bloody terrifying. My sister's boyfriend has it too, he stops breathing 2 to 3 times a minute while sleeping, but it's never woken him up, so it could be that you do suffer from it too and haven't noticed. He only found out when my sister noticed it, and now he has to wear and oxygen mask to sleep in.

Your mind is capable of some messed up thoughts when left to it's own devices, but that's all it is, your mind.

"Oh! Come on! Do you think I'm a gulla-bull? Or even a gulla-calf?"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Scary child dream Alex801 0 426 02-17-2017 08:17 PM
Last Post: Alex801
  Scary dream about dogs Marie86 5 2,826 04-21-2014 08:45 AM
Last Post: MrsMultiTasker
  A scary dream about being pregnant. SPAGHETTIxPRINCESS 2 4,200 01-02-2014 06:27 AM
Last Post: Lichan
  A recent scary dream that made me think of how i treat people jka12002 2 1,951 02-01-2010 11:53 AM
Last Post: razor242
  Scary Demon-like Dream i had .Passion.is.Obsession. 0 1,340 08-11-2009 11:03 AM
Last Post: .Passion.is.Obsession.