Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Weird Dark Shadow
01-03-2017, 06:28 PM
Pumpkin_16 Weird Dark Shadow
Can someone help me please?

Okay, so about maybe 3 years ago I seen a shadow figure... at the most unusual time of my life.
Since then, I cannot get it out of my head. It's kinda like I'm in disbelief. I'm not one to believe in this kind of stuff. So when I saw it I kind of lost my (you know).

Well, so I was laying down in the bed. All of a sudden, I seen a black shadow come through the door. It had like spikes on top of the head but a normal human body. A very dark shadow it was... It kept moving towards me. I asked it what did it want from me?
It didn't respond back.. And when it was about to touch my shoulder, my friend woke me up and said I was whimpering.

Holy! I was sleeping?
But the room was exactly the same as when I was dreaming?
My friend suggests that I could have been projecting. I am open to this. All I know, this wasn't a dream. I felt fear in my stomach and my heart racing.

I've been reading online on what it could be. A demon, a disembodied person, an Alien, a time traveler.

I don't want it to ever visit me again... but I wish I knew what it was and what it wanted...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2017, 06:38 PM
RE: Weird Dark Shadow
a parasomnia event nothing paranormal, the fact you needed to be woke up .... should give you a clue

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
01-03-2017, 06:50 PM
(01-03-2017 06:38 PM)UglyNRude Wrote:  a parasomnia event nothing paranormal, the fact you needed to be woke up .... should give you a clue

See, I would definitely believe that if it were an on going thing. If I saw this shadow often. I saw it once. People who experience neurological issues that cause them to hallucinate, see these things often.

I am not one of those. And whatever it was, was tied to my friend's house because I haven't seen it since.
01-03-2017, 06:59 PM
(01-03-2017 06:50 PM)Beetlejuice Wrote:  
(01-03-2017 06:38 PM)UglyNRude Wrote:  a parasomnia event nothing paranormal, the fact you needed to be woke up .... should give you a clue

See, I would definitely believe that if it were an on going thing. If I saw this shadow often. I saw it once. People who experience neurological issues that cause them to hallucinate, see these things often.

I am not one of those. And whatever it was, was tied to my friend's house because I haven't seen it since.

Many people hallucinate once .... and you admit you were sleeping .... but dreaming just isn't as exciting as the imagination.
01-04-2017, 04:13 AM
(01-03-2017 06:59 PM)UglyNRude Wrote:  
(01-03-2017 06:50 PM)Beetlejuice Wrote:  

Many people hallucinate once .... and you admit you were sleeping .... but dreaming just isn't as exciting as the imagination.

You can definitely see entities while sleeping. A lot of people astral project. Astral projection can take you to other worlds/realms.
Thank you for your insight, but I'm going to seek other answers. Take care Smile
01-04-2017, 04:19 AM
If it's only happened while you were asleep, I wouldn't be too worried about it right off the bat, but keeping record of it in case it happens again is probably a good idea. Whether you were visited, or having dadgummed up nightmares, there's probably a reason for it. Even if it's your subconscious trying to alert you to something.
01-04-2017, 07:06 AM
confirmation bias? Using something that exists in the mind to validate dreams?
http://www.livescience.com/27978-astral-projection.html
01-06-2017, 09:01 AM
"...at the most unusual time in my life."

These things can happen during times of unusual stress or trauma. You can stop them by realizing that you're in control of it. Inner demons from your psyche will come out and play with you if you allow it to happen. All you have to do is stop.
01-24-2017, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2017 11:17 PM by Wisp.)
(01-03-2017 06:28 PM)Beetlejuice Wrote:  Can someone help me please?

Okay, so about maybe 3 years ago I seen a shadow figure... at the most unusual time of my life.
Since then, I cannot get it out of my head. It's kinda like I'm in disbelief. I'm not one to believe in this kind of stuff. So when I saw it I kind of lost my (you know).

Well, so I was laying down in the bed. All of a sudden, I seen a black shadow come through the door. It had like spikes on top of the head but a normal human body. A very dark shadow it was... It kept moving towards me. I asked it what did it want from me?
It didn't respond back.. And when it was about to touch my shoulder, my friend woke me up and said I was whimpering.

Holy! I was sleeping?
But the room was exactly the same as when I was dreaming?
My friend suggests that I could have been projecting. I am open to this. All I know, this wasn't a dream. I felt fear in my stomach and my heart racing.

I've been reading online on what it could be. A demon, a disembodied person, an Alien, a time traveler.

I don't want it to ever visit me again... but I wish I knew what it was and what it wanted...

A few years ago, I worked at a fast food restaurant and was closing. There were two other employees besides me, and both were on the opposite side of the building as I was cleaning. I thought one of them had come over to where I was, as when I turned around there was a figure that eerily resembled the manager who was closing with me, but he looked kind of hazy and had his back to me. It went to turn and before it turned all the way around it disappeared. When I questioned the manager and other employee, they thought I was crazy because they had been busy doing their own cleaning tasks and hadn't been over by me at all. Later when I went to leave, I saw a tall, lean dark shadowy figure lurking behind one of the guys. To this day I swear the head reminded me of that monster from Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase, as it had weird head spikes and seemed to be watching and grinning from its position behind my coworker. He had to have seen something from my facial expression because he asked me what was wrong, and when I pointed behind him and he turned to look, there was nothing there. I had decided to forget it until way later that night when I was going to bed. I had the lights out in my room when all of a sudden one corner got darker and darker, and the shadow appeared again. It was really weird but I could tell it was a shadow of some kind, and it scared me seeing how black it looked in the darkness. It approached me, stopping right at the end of the bed. It looked at me, and then it turned and seemed to either split into three as I could see it facing me, slightly turned away, and facing the wall all at the same time before it disappeared. I never did see it again, but when you mentioned the shadow and spikes that's immediately what I thought of. Don't know if this really helps, but figured I would share.
(01-06-2017 09:01 AM)ChaosRose Wrote:  "...at the most unusual time in my life."

These things can happen during times of unusual stress or trauma. You can stop them by realizing that you're in control of it. Inner demons from your psyche will come out and play with you if you allow it to happen. All you have to do is stop.

I agree with ChaosRose. When one of the shift managers at the store I currently work at committed suicide, I was extremely sad and stressed, going through really bad mood swings. Twice within a few months of the incident, I experienced sleep paralysis which I'd never had before, and both times I felt the presence of a guy trying to reach out to me. I asked one of my friends who is good at reading environments and sensing the paranormal to go through my apartment and check the area for me. He was immediately drawn to the doorway of my bedroom, where I had felt that the presence was when experiencing sleep paralysis. He said he felt like someone had stood there, wishing to deliver a message to me that things were going to be okay and that I could overcome what I was feeling. Sure enough, eventually I came to terms with the fact that someone I had worked with passed in such a way, and I've not had a problem since.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  dark shadow crossing doorway of room snapdragon928 2 7,052 11-17-2011 11:29 PM
Last Post: snapdragon928