Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic Poltergeist Rig
This is a thing I do, and anyone can also do.

All you need is a camera, a flat surface, or a tripod if you want to activate Super Deluxe Mode.

The point of this is to determine poltergeist activity, and the levels thereof.

Park the camera pointed into a room, framing the most amount of potentially moveable stuff as possible. If you're using a compact camera, it's usually best to use the focal length the camera starts up with, because often the digital zoom can be really difficult to dial-in perfectly if the camera turns off and then on again. Fortunately, they usually start up on the maximum focal length anyway.

Take a photo. Don't move the camera afterwards.

Leave. Go to work, or fly to Italy, or go shopping, or whatever you do in the day. Sleeping is fine too.

Then, on your return, again without moving the camera, take another photo.

Because the camera will have not moved, the framing should be identical between the two photos. The only things that will have changed are the lighting, and any items that have been moved by poltergeists. If you load the images up on a computer, you can flick between the two. Changes will be obvious, they'll be animated.

I live with a girl and a cat, so some things move around in some rooms, but they're both very co-operative with my investigations. This method has zero credibility against scrutiny because it's easy to hoax. But as a personal experiment, if you know it's legit, then it can give you an idea of activity.

I like the part about me flying to Italy.
-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE