Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
i think this was an O.B.E.?
10-29-2016, 06:32 PM
i think this was an O.B.E.?
i cant remember exactly when this happened.. must have been 2 or 3 years ago?

anyways, i was just done a night of dreaming, and i get up, open my door, walk down the stairs into the kitchen, and watch my sister put some toast in the toaster.
then i wake up.
im sitting there in my bed, a little confused because whatever just happened felt real, but i guess was just a dream because im still in bed, right?? so now that i was awake for real, i get up and go down into the kitchen, and my sister is there putting butter on some toast.

thats.... the whole experience. short and sweet, but i still wonder if this actually was an out of body experience??
thoughts??

Flower Child
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2016, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2016 07:55 AM by Darkforeboding.)
RE: i think this was an O.B.E.?
Can you hear the toaster from the bedroom?

-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE
10-30-2016, 08:55 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2016 08:55 AM by starpixie.)
Or smell the toast being made?
10-30-2016, 10:08 AM
toaster: yeah but very faintly.
smelling toast: no the smell would have been too weak to be smelled from the room i was in. also i have a weak nose

Flower Child
10-30-2016, 10:24 AM
How often does your sister make toast? Was it a weekend, when she has a slower start to the day & is more inclined to have a small breakfast?

We all believe in something greater than ourselves. Even if it's just the blind forces of chance. Ambassador G'Kar.
10-30-2016, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2016 07:32 PM by bonezsz.)
(10-30-2016 10:24 AM)Janus Wrote:  How often does your sister make toast? Was it a weekend, when she has a slower start to the day & is more inclined to have a small breakfast?

uh idk how often she makes toast.. shes moved out now and also thats just not something i notice about people honestly
but yeah it was a weekend

Flower Child
10-31-2016, 10:06 AM
When people have dreams it seems like the dreams last for many minutes. Actually an individual dream lasts scant seconds and even fractions of a second. When you are dreaming you seem to lose your concept of time. This is something that is very well known to psychologists.

Also dreams often happen just at the point of waking or falling asleep. It is well known that you go through cycles of sleep from falling asleep to the dreaming (R.E.M., rapid eye movement) sleep, to deep, non-dreaming sleep, and back. You go through these several times each night, whether you remember it or not.

When you have some external stimulus during REM sleep it will often get incorporated into your dream. People might dream that the phone is ringing and wake to their alarm clock or that they are being scratched and wake to find they are lying on an ink pen or something else. My best guess is that you were dreaming and heard the faint sound of the toaster as your sister was making toast. Then your subconscious incorporated that sound into your dream.

-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE