Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure if it was sleep paralysis but
Some friends and I were recently talking about our scariest experiences. I don't have much experience with paranormal happenings or anything like that. Nothing interesting seems to happen to me. However, when I told the one story that I could think of a friend mentioned that it was sleep paralysis.
The thing is, back then I regularly abused adderall. I always thought that it was either a dream, or some weird side effect from taking the adderall/lack of sleep.
Anyway I was laying on my side trying to sleep and failing. It was completely dark... I didn't have a TV on or a light or anything. There was a little bit of light shining through my window from a park that was right outside. I was staring out the window when I started to see what I thought looked like aliens just walking around outside. I watched for a little bit just trying to figure out what the heck I was seeing, but too lazy, and a little afraid to actually get up and investigate. Not to mention I didn't want to wake my spouse who was sleeping next to me. After getting a little too creeper out I turned on my back to ignore it. I remember seeing lights flashed in my windows and trying to think about other things. Next thing I know there is a creature near the end of the bed at my bathroom entrance to my room. I had an overwhelming sense of dread. I felt like there were more creatures in my room, but I only remember seeing the one. Now completely terrified I want to wake my spouse, but I couldn't. I couldn't move, and I couldn't speak. Its still a pretty lame story because that's the last thing I remember. Next thing I remember is waking up in the morning when its no longer dark outside. I told my spouse about it and they said I should stop taking the adderall because i was going crazy lol. The entire thing was weird. The next day i felt like i hadnt slept at all. My eyes were open all night (or thats what i remember experiencing anyway) and my eyes were super dry. It still feels like it really happened. It was the most terrifying thing to happen to me whether it was a dream, hallucinations, or sleep paralysis.
Sleep paralysis can be terrifying, despite being a natural & easily explainable phenomena.
There is plenty of information out there about sleep paralysis. But at it's most basic it's when you are between a sleeping state & a waking state & the sleeping state is not at the correct stage that you should be in.
In some ways your abuse of drugs could have effected how you slept & thus been at the root of these issues.
We all believe in something greater than ourselves. Even if it's just the blind forces of chance. Ambassador G'Kar.
Adderall when not taken as prescribed (and even sometimes when taken as prescribed) is great for hallucinations, paranoia, feelings of dread, sleep problems, memory problems and on and on. There's a reason people can be misdiagnosed as schizophrenic while using speed.
There are drugs that can cause hallucinations. I'm sure it's possible that they could also cause sleep paralysis type experiences.

If you still have them after you are no longer on the medication, there are things you can do to stop it.
(11-20-2016, 12:46 PM)ChaosRose Wrote: There are drugs that can cause hallucinations. I'm sure it's possible that they could also cause sleep paralysis type experiences.

Ketamine & LSD do, as do many anti Anxiety medications such as Diazepam.

We all believe in something greater than ourselves. Even if it's just the blind forces of chance. Ambassador G'Kar.
Diazepam was a literal nightmare for me.

I wouldn't sleep properly and would slip into a nightmare realm of my own creation.
Confusion, visual disturbances & Sleep Apnoea Syndrome are listed among Diazepam's known issues.
I feel like I can't move any part of my body and I want to yell for help but I can't speak either. Sleep paralysis is pretty scary
At least to me.
(10-10-2017, 08:32 AM)Emmaboil Wrote: I feel like I can't move any part of my body and I want to yell for help but I can't speak either. Sleep paralysis is pretty scary
At least to me.

Your body was abducted by a sophisticated soul.
The paralysis was caused by the disconnection of the contact of consciousness.
(10-11-2017, 03:08 AM)rudidur Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 08:32 AM)Emmaboil Wrote: I feel like I can't move any part of my body and I want to yell for help but I can't speak either. Sleep paralysis is pretty scary
At least to me.

Your body was abducted by a sophisticated soul.
The paralysis was caused by the disconnection of the contact of consciousness.

Or you had sleep paralysis. We know what that is, why it affects us and how it is caused. It's a proven, recognised condition. But you know, demons and that.
"Oh! Come on! Do you think I'm a gulla-bull? Or even a gulla-calf?"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep Paralysis Explained TheGuy 3 1,326 03-04-2018, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Vultyrex
  Don't believe this was sleep paralysis and need feedback MuZach87 4 2,528 12-28-2017, 04:38 PM
Last Post: CareTaker
  Have You Ever Exerienced Sleep Paralysis? Biggun 101 106,105 07-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Ghostly Lady
  Sleep Paralysis - Green Mist chopin 3 17,431 01-19-2017, 10:39 PM
Last Post: anim8or
  From sleep paralysis to insomnia hskrguy55 4 2,751 12-22-2016, 12:35 PM
Last Post: ChaosRose