Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Floating object
10-01-2016, 03:43 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2016 03:53 AM by MLB1263.)
Floating object

What do you experts think of this one. My mom took it of my nephew a few years ago while he slept. She said she didn't notice anything odd at the time.

Whatever falls from my brain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2016, 04:29 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2016 04:54 AM by UglyNRude.)
RE: Floating object
dust
http://www.parascience.org.uk/articles/orbs.htm
10-01-2016, 03:46 PM
The spirit/orb wanted to get your Mom's attention. Who was the first deceased person your Mom thought of after seeing this?
10-01-2016, 07:58 PM
(10-01-2016 03:46 PM)Itheblaze Wrote:  The spirit/orb wanted to get your Mom's attention. Who was the first deceased person your Mom thought of after seeing this?

You sure it wasn't trying to get my nephews attention. That's how it looks to me. I have no idea who she might have been thinking of. Probably no one. I lean towards a floating orb of dust not anything supernatural. I just wanted to get some good conversation going; maybe a little friendly debate. Who knows - I could be wrong.

10-01-2016, 08:09 PM
Glinda, the good witch of the North.

-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE
10-01-2016, 08:42 PM
(10-01-2016 04:29 AM)UglyNRude Wrote:  dust

I read your article about orbs and found it quite interesting. I was very surprised to learn there are actually some orbs that can't be explained. And even more strange is the fact that these appear at known haunted sites really blew my mind. However I feel the "orb" in the photograph is more than likely just a dust particle. If you look carefully, it even kind of looks like dust. But I could be wrong.

10-01-2016, 08:47 PM
Your nephew was asleep, unless trying to get his attention in a dream. I guess we'll never know. Curious, did someone in the family die recently before the photo was taken?
10-01-2016, 09:06 PM
(10-01-2016 08:47 PM)Itheblaze Wrote:  Your nephew was asleep, unless trying to get his attention in a dream. I guess we'll never know. Curious, did someone in the family die recently before the photo was taken?

No deaths. Nothing out of the ordinary that day. He just fell asleep while doing his homework and my mom took that photo.

10-02-2016, 06:51 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2016 06:59 AM by UglyNRude.)
(10-01-2016 08:42 PM)MLB1263 Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 04:29 AM)UglyNRude Wrote:  dust

I read your article about orbs and found it quite interesting. I was very surprised to learn there are actually some orbs that can't be explained. And even more strange is the fact that these appear at known haunted sites really blew my mind. However I feel the "orb" in the photograph is more than likely just a dust particle. If you look carefully, it even kind of looks like dust. But I could be wrong.
They appeared in haunted locations, they appeared in non-haunted locations, they appeared both indoors and outside, there was something terribly wrong - this surely couldn't be paranormal, there were just too many Orbs out there!
Its easy to capture orbs with point and shoot cameras when using the flash. You can also eliminate orbs using a dslr like camera with a lens hood

there was also a testing thread on this forum http://www.talkparanormal.com/showthread...826&page=2
10-02-2016, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2016 07:49 AM by Darkforeboding.)
There is something that I would like to point out. The flash on whatever camera was used to take this picture was very close to the lens. That is shown by how small are the shadows of the person's features. The shadows are barely visible and are just to the right of objects in the picture, meaning the flash was very close to the lens and just to the left of it.

Now look for a shadow on the "orb." There is none. The orb can't be close to the couch or it would cast a visible shadow on it. It also can't be midway between the couch and the camera or a shadow would fall somewhere further to the right of the orb. The orb must have been somewhere very, very close to the camera to cast no shadow at all. Close to the camera would also mean it had to be very small or it would block everything in view.

-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE