Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Need Advice: I see (potentially) demons in my room
Exclamation 
So here's something I never thought I would be talking about.

I have been somewhat plagued over the course of my life with some, let's say, spooky incidents. I don't usually talk about them because they are fairly mild, although frequent, and also because I'm fairly used to these occurrences. I could probably write a 100 page report on all of these types of events that have happened to me in the last 8 years (8 years ago being when I first moved into this house), but I am mainly here today to get some advice and also tell the couple of stories about one reoccurring phenomenon in my life (and then maybe at a later date explain all the other 50 types of incidents that happen to me).

So long story-short: I see (potentially) demons in my room, however, it's not through my own eyes.

That statement might sound confusing, so let me explain with two stories (that happened about a month apart, if anyone's keeping track).

One night a couple months ago, about 11:30 PM - 12 AMish, I was lying in bed (I sleep on my front, to give a better picture) just reading on my phone. My phone is plugged into the outlet at the head of my bed, which I can access through the gaps in my headboard. As I am reading, I notice that my phone is constantly going back and forth between charging and not charging. I'm not moving around, so I assume there's something wrong with the cord. I try and smooth out the cord to try and fix any potential bends in it, and also so I don't have to turn my lamp on and sit up to troubleshoot (aka: I'm lazy). That doesn't help, and it just continues to go back and forth between charging and not. This specific thing hasn't happened to me before, but I have a long history of technology/electronics just not working properly for me (ie. any electronic I get that should be able to function properly without any issues just decides that it's going to do a bunch of random stuff whenever it wants or all of a sudden just no longer perform certain functions).

So because that doesn't work out, I turn my lamp on, sit up, pull my pillows back and look through my headboard at the outlet just below me, and I'm trying to see if I can position the cord in a way that will allow for a better flow (something I often do to fix headphone cords). Eventually, it works out, and my phone goes back to charging, so I turn replace the pillows, turn off my lamp, and resume my previous position. A few minutes ago by and my phone stops charging, and I couldn't understand why because I hadn't moved at all to mess with the cord.

And then I hear scratching under my bed. And it's very clearly not in the walls, but directly under my bed. We've never had mice before, but it's my first assumption, as it is a decently common household problem in my area, and my house is around 100 years old. It sounds louder than what I assume a mouse would sound like, but I mean how would I know? So I sit up again, turn the lamp on, remove the pillows, look through the gaps in my headboard, and I don't really see anything. I try and play with the cord again to simultaneously try and scare the mouse with the noise/movement and also fix my phone.

Again, things go back to normal; phone's fine, noise has stopped, and I fix everything again and go back to bed. Soon enough, the scratching starts up again, louder, and fast as lightning I sit up, turn lamp on, remove pillows, look through headboard and I'm thinking "What the dadgum is that noise?"

As I'm staring down at my outlet + the floor beneath my bed, something happens that...I'm not entirely sure how to describe?
I realize that, for a few seconds, but for what feels like much longer...I'm looking at my back and the back of my head.
To elaborate, what I am seeing is no longer the outlet and the floor, and instead it's as if I'm looking through someone's eyes who's standing behind me. I can see everything that I would see if I was standing just beside my bed, and I'm looking at the back of my head/neck/shoulder area, and can see the floor and the outlet that I was staring at just over my shoulder.
Under my bed, there's someone/something that looks pretty terrifying? As in not really human, staring back up at real me.

And then my vision is normal and I'm just me again sitting on my bed, staring at the empty are under my bed.

I just kinda sit back and stare at the space beside my bed as if I expect to see something there who I can ask, "???The dadgum was that????".
Of course, there's no one there, so after my heart rate returns to normal and I realize the noises have stopped and my phone is fine, I return to bed, and spent most of the night not sleeping because how could I at that point?

Another very similar (and much shorter) event happened about a month after. It was just in the evening and I was laying on my bed, just looking up at the ceiling, taking some time to myself to think about life things. All my lights were on and I definitely wasn't asleep (I can't sleep on my back, anyways), and more-a-less the same thing happens: it's like I'm seeing what someone else would be seeing if they were standing in my doorway, looking at my laying on my bed, except that there is someone (something?) sitting on my bed at my feet, bent over me, staring at my face. This figure was about my height and size (small, rather skinny), except it had no clothes on, and completely burnt black skin (as in it looked like it had all been burnt), with small horns and a semi-human-looking face.
And it was just staring at me.
And then after a couple brief seconds I resume my regular vision and I'm just me laying on my bed, staring at my ceiling.

So I don't really know what to make of these events. I've had much briefer, similar things happen a couple other times, but when I'm looking at myself from somewhere else in the room, there haven't been other figures near me, so I felt that those instances were the most notable.

I'd also just like to mention that I don't see things in my house otherwise, like through my own vision (that sounds so weird). I hear things happening but I never see this kind of thing on my own or outside my house.

My best few guesses are
1) I have some sort of medium in my room that is allowing me to see through itself things that I can't see on my own
2) I have a very vivid imagination and therefore it feels like my thoughts are real (despite me not imagining anything like these events prior to them happening)
3) I'm actually crazy

I'm not sure where to go from there?
If you have any idea of what could be happening to me, or if you've heard of similar things, please let me know! I don't particularly like feeling so lost and alone on this one.
Or even if you have no idea but you just wanna tell me I'm crazy or have a guess at what it is, that's cool, too.

Electronic screens, particularly interactive ones (as opposed to passive ones, like television), increase dopamine in the reward center of the brain Dopamine is known as the brain's "feel good" chemical, but is also related to stress, addiction, anxiety, mood, and attention. Dopamine in excess can lead to psychotic symptoms--voices, delusions, paranoia, or confusion.

Psychosis is defined by abnormal thinking. This can involve thought content, such as hallucinations, delusions, or paranoia, or thought process (highly disorganized thinking, or feeling like thoughts are “blocked”). It is typically attributed to the severely mentally ill, like schizophrenics, but can also be seen in “normal” people under extreme stress, electronic screen use cause or mimic all three of these states!
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/men...se-concern
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
(09-16-2016, 11:56 AM)UglyNRude Wrote: Electronic screens, particularly interactive ones (as opposed to passive ones, like television), increase dopamine in the reward center of the brain Dopamine is known as the brain's "feel good" chemical, but is also related to stress, addiction, anxiety, mood, and attention. Dopamine in excess can lead to psychotic symptoms--voices, delusions, paranoia, or confusion.

Psychosis is defined by abnormal thinking. This can involve thought content, such as hallucinations, delusions, or paranoia, or thought process (highly disorganized thinking, or feeling like thoughts are “blocked”). It is typically attributed to the severely mentally ill, like schizophrenics, but can also be seen in “normal” people under extreme stress, electronic screen use cause or mimic all three of these states!
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/men...se-concern

I've actually been tested for psychosis continuously over the last 10 months, as it was the first conclusion I came to, but my results have continuously turned up negative, even when I went to different places for medical attention to this situation(I've gone to about 5 or 6).
So thank you! But I have already kind of ruled that out as a possibility as a result.
fantasy prone personality?
Infrasound?
Fear cage?
Why are you being tested? What have they found?
Plus the article says normal people can experience this.
(09-16-2016, 12:09 PM)UglyNRude Wrote: fantasy prone personality?
Infrasound?
Fear cage?
Why are you being tested? What have they found?
Plus the article says normal people can experience this.

"Infrasound?
Fear cage?"
I'm sorry I don't know what these things are.
And I had decided a while ago to get tested for psychosis (a few times over for good measure), since it seemed like a reasonable explanation.
Alas, 5 months of that and they didn't find that I had psychosis, or really symptoms of it aside from the types of incidents mentioned in my post.
They recommended that I could have an MRI if I wanted, but that they most likely would not find anything wrong with me, and even though I also knew there wasn't going to be anything there, I did it anyways.
So yeah an MRI, many blood tests, and much therapy, all to conclude that no, there's nothing wrong with me ahah I guess I kinda wasted those 5 months.
Well, that sounds terrifying. I've never experienced anything like it, thankfully.
Did you have any experiences at all prior to moving into that home?
(09-16-2016, 12:56 PM)vixen Wrote: Well, that sounds terrifying. I've never experienced anything like it, thankfully.
Did you have any experiences at all prior to moving into that home?

No, never. Granted I was not even a teenager yet when we moved in, so maybe my memory of it just wasn't the best, but no, nothing that I can recall.
Not sure if you want to try, but it has worked for me... talk to them. You might need to do this more than once.
If you're feeling fear, you have to control it. It helps for me to investigate any potential logical explanation first - gets the brain involved and distracts you from your fear. Sit calmly, and tell whatever might be there that it is not allowed to touch/harass/bother/frighten you or your family... whatever limitations you wish to set. I believe that we have more power on this plane than they do - we just have to use it.
I hope you're dealing with something/somebody that wishes to scare you, and is just projecting a demon-like appearance. The prospect of having to challenge an actual demon is chilling. Wishing you peace.
I know you've said that you spent 10 months being tested but it sounds like a depersonalized state, along with things like anxiety and stress triggering it, being plain old tired can trigger it. If you speak with most people struggling with any type of mental disorder they would wish it had been diagnosed in 10 months, it can take years for a proper diagnosis. As far as the scratching, there could have been a rodent under the floorboards (or between the floor and the ceiling if you were on a second story) and the extra space could have caused it to sound louder due to the echoing. And have you checked your charging port? It might be some bad heatsink, that would explain why wiggling the cord didn't fix the issue but putting it down to investigate did (it cooled down) then resuming using the device caused it to act up (getting hot again). Good luck.
(09-16-2016, 03:01 PM)starpixie Wrote: I know you've said that you spent 10 months being tested but it sounds like a depersonalized state, along with things like anxiety and stress triggering it, being plain old tired can trigger it. If you speak with most people struggling with any type of mental disorder they would wish it had been diagnosed in 10 months, it can take years for a proper diagnosis. As far as the scratching, there could have been a rodent under the floorboards (or between the floor and the ceiling if you were on a second story) and the extra space could have caused it to sound louder due to the echoing. And have you checked your charging port? It might be some bad heatsink, that would explain why wiggling the cord didn't fix the issue but putting it down to investigate did (it cooled down) then resuming using the device caused it to act up (getting hot again). Good luck.

I suppose, but as it stands, I seem to be fine. If it persists I can always go back, but as of now, it doesn't seem necessary.
Yeah, like I said, I thought it was just a mouse. And my cord has worked fine since and so has my phone.

(09-16-2016, 02:38 PM)vixen Wrote: Not sure if you want to try, but it has worked for me... talk to them. You might need to do this more than once.
If you're feeling fear, you have to control it. It helps for me to investigate any potential logical explanation first - gets the brain involved and distracts you from your fear. Sit calmly, and tell whatever might be there that it is not allowed to touch/harass/bother/frighten you or your family... whatever limitations you wish to set. I believe that we have more power on this plane than they do - we just have to use it.
I hope you're dealing with something/somebody that wishes to scare you, and is just projecting a demon-like appearance. The prospect of having to challenge an actual demon is chilling. Wishing you peace.

I've considered doing so and keeping record of my findings, I just haven't had the time as of yet. But it's a good suggestion and definitely something new for me.
When have you had the need to talk to them?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giving advice on demons Browncoat 104 110,406 05-24-2016, 04:07 PM
Last Post: niceguy22
  Advice on demons? Memeow 9 10,282 01-09-2014, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Akaalis