Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mothman
09-09-2016, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2016 03:53 PM by Soapstone.)
Mothman
has anyone here read The Mothman Prophecies by John Keel? in the book he proposes an idea that all things of paranormal nature: Mothman, UFO's, Men in Black, aliens, bigfoot, poltergeist activity, etc are all interconnected, and that it is actually a tapestry of paranormal.

ie. people who see UFO's may have Men in Black show up though they never told anyone about the sighting, those people who see UFO's may also experience poltergeist activity around their home and find things moving around and unexplained noises or walking on the roof of their house, etc. and there are those people who have visited real crop circles (as opposed to man made ones) that experience strange paranormal phenomenon for a long period of time after, as a result of checking out the crazy art in the fields of food.

i gotta say if any part of what is mentioned in The Mothman Prophecies is real, then the world is a HECK of a lot stranger than most people are aware of!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2016, 07:53 PM
RE: Mothman
I have always been interested in the mothman. Fortunately, I have never seen it, but I agree that the world is stranger than most people think.

09-11-2016, 08:03 PM
The entire Mothman story is just really bizarre. It seems like parts of it are self contradictory.

-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE
09-11-2016, 08:08 PM
(09-11-2016 08:03 PM)Darkforeboding Wrote:  The entire Mothman story is just really bizarre. It seems like parts of it are self contradictory.

Which parts are self-contradictory?

09-11-2016, 08:33 PM
Maybe it was just the account on TV that I watched that seemed self contradictory. I think there were some parts where witnesses seemed to think the creature was there one moment and not there another with no place that it could have gone.

-DFB

09-11-2016, 08:49 PM
Mothman documentaries are awesome. Unfortunately I've only caught a few on tv, and they were shows that featured several stories or topics in the same episode. I wish there were channels that were nothing but paranormal, like ESPN is nothing but sports, MTV music, etc.

09-11-2016, 08:58 PM
(09-11-2016 08:49 PM)TerraformerX Wrote:  Mothman documentaries are awesome. Unfortunately I've only caught a few on tv, and they were shows that featured several stories or topics in the same episode. I wish there were channels that were nothing but paranormal, like ESPN is nothing but sports, MTV music, etc.

Lol! H! network (formerly was History) is getting that way.

-DFB

09-11-2016, 09:03 PM
Actually I have noticed that! lol Good call

09-12-2016, 07:39 AM
A mothman investigation. Using critical thinking to find many reasons for the sightings.

Sightings stopped when a large owl was killed.
http://www.csicop.org/sb/show/mothman_re...ng_on_site
09-12-2016, 11:11 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2016 11:13 PM by Soapstone.)
the movie itself just goes into the main story and neglects a TON of other things going on, and a lot of what happened in the movie was reordered from the book, good movie just gets the facts a little wrong.

as for the documentaries i have heard of a couple but i havent seen em yet, i meant to a while ago when i saw one of them free on something but i never got to it.

the Mothman thing is about as strange as UFO's as they too can appear and vanish seemingly within an instant.

i know the mothman festival in point pleasant is held every year, and i would love to go to it one of these days, i beleive when i was exploring the festival site was how i first heard about one of the mothman documentaries