Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something Overhead
When I was about 15 years old I lived with an older brother and sister, plus my two parents a few miles outside the city limits, where several acres separate the houses. It was a hot night so I decided to sleep outside on a cot. Being this far out there are no streetlights or business', so you can really see the stars well. I was laying there for who knows how long, when I notice a huge object in the sky which is making no noise. It is headed almost due south. At the time I believed it was possible I might have dreamed the whole thing until years later I'm watching some show about UFO's and this eyewitness describes exactly what I saw: A triangular shaped object with lights at each point. Freaked me out. Anybody else seen this one?
Whatever falls from my brain
It could have been a stealth jet. Those get mistaken for U.F.Os all the time. Or it could be a military prototype. Considering all the wars going on the pressures to keep the military up-to-date on high-tech equipment they are constantly trying to come up with new planes and tanks, etc. Of course, the public always ends up seeing these creations and never hearing about them because they are supposed to be secret. But I don't think they care if we say they are U.F.O. because rival nations are not going to be concentrating on another nations civilian sightings of "alien craft".
The hero is brave in deeds as well as words - Aesop

Please all, and you will please none - Aesop
In agreement with angelaura: don't rule out engineering tests of human military.

The closest Sagronian craft to fit this description is the infamous Inono Vessel. Even by Sagronian standards, how do I place this in context without sounding ridiculous? After warping the teaching of the Inin Temple into the so-called "Three-Point Truth", the Inono sect built themselves an "ultimate mobile religious station" in which to put their beliefs into practice. They have this annoying habit of selecting a single prophet from each planet; on Earth it's Frank Zappa.
(08-22-2016, 01:58 PM)Heavy Wind Wrote: In agreement with angelaura: don't rule out engineering tests of human military.

The closest Sagronian craft to fit this description is the infamous Inono Vessel. Even by Sagronian standards, how do I place this in context without sounding ridiculous? After warping the teaching of the Inin Temple into the so-called "Three-Point Truth", the Inono sect built themselves an "ultimate mobile religious station" in which to put their beliefs into practice. They have this annoying habit of selecting a single prophet from each planet; on Earth it's Frank Zappa.

WAS Frank Zappa.
-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE

Agreed. WAS.

That doesn't stop pilgrimages to Baltimore every 12 years.

Deities are a tricky part of any religion. You can have a deity without a religion, and you can have a religion without a deity. But combine the two, and the automatic assumption is that the god in question is alive. Don't get me started on the "resurrection of Jesus" (this forum wouldn't survive such a debate) but there are problems when a figurehead of any faith-based movement dies. Immortality, after all, is one of the key requirements to maintain omnipotence.

In Frank Zappa's case it's paradox. With quotes that include "I don't give a f*** if they remember me at all" and "Being cynical is the only way to deal with modern civilization", you don't think he'd lend himself well to the godly status. But the Inono sect aren't the first to latch onto him and they won't be the last. Galactic opinion of Earth differs massively from human expectation: a visitor can look at a text we consider religious and quickly dismiss it as junk, whereas the liner notes for the "Freak Out" album end up translated into roughly a dozen galactic languages and generating intense theological discussion.
i wouldnt be surprised that an intergalactic visitor would be more interested in something like a song album or song lyrics over relgious texts. i mean in all the accounts you hear about alien abduction and the people asking what/how/etc God is to these creatures, they answer by saying they feel the same about him as we do, but it does make me wonder if praying to God would actually prevent someone from being abducted as opposed to praying to God over an angry spirit or demon issue. i highly doubt that aliens would care and abduct you anyways.
The exact thing happened to me about 12-15 years ago and feels like yesterday. I saw a triangle ufo fly low over the highway and slow so slow that a grandma can move faster than this ufo. lol I got ahead of it and parked and stood outside my car and this trangular UFO went right by. It was low enough to touch the top of a street light. I can see the light shine off the underside of the craft. What drew my attention is how it made no sound, no motor, nothing. Dead quiet it was. It was so slow and low that I go the impression that it was searching for something. It also ignored me. I have no abduction story, nothing crazy happened. It went by me at a snails pace as if I was not there. I found it strange that it was so early in the evening and in a heavy populated area. There is no way I could be the only one to see it. Cars had to have seen this thing for to get to me it had to move very low over a busy roadway.