Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
odd spiritbox evp
07-13-2016, 04:10 AM
odd spiritbox evp
I went outside to smoke. There was no music playing. You can hear piano music throughout the recording. Towards the end it sounds like a female crying.
I was using the Tascam dr-40 to record the p-sb7. This has not happened before or since. Comments are welcomed.

https://soundcloud.com/user-918481786/ta...ic-7-12-16
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2016, 05:01 PM
RE: odd spiritbox evp
I would like to know how you sat this up. Positioning, wires, and everything you can explain to me.

[Image: space.gif]
07-13-2016, 05:23 PM
(07-13-2016 05:01 PM)Vultyrex Wrote:  I would like to know how you sat this up. Positioning, wires, and everything you can explain to me.

I simply placed the p-sb7 laying flat on wooden table with the antenna down. There's a mini AYL external speaker connected to the spiritbox. The wire sets the speaker about 6" away from the spiritbox. I placed the Tascam dr-40 about 12" away from the speaker.

The spiritbox was set to sweep forward at 200ms on FM.
07-13-2016, 05:31 PM
Alrighty.

Well, I'm somewhat stumped on what this is. It spans over 5-6 seconds which is over a bunch of radio frequencies so it isn't from stations themselves.

Let's call this an EVP.

I attempted to clean it up and that is lying underneath the static hiss. Also, pointing out that its only on the left track of audio. It is not present on the right track which is strange indeed.

[Image: space.gif]
07-13-2016, 06:16 PM
(07-13-2016 05:31 PM)Vultyrex Wrote:  Alrighty.

Well, I'm somewhat stumped on what this is. It spans over 5-6 seconds which is over a bunch of radio frequencies so it isn't from stations themselves.

Let's call this an EVP.

I attempted to clean it up and that is lying underneath the static hiss. Also, pointing out that its only on the left track of audio. It is not present on the right track which is strange indeed.

Thank you for attempting to clean it up. I'm not sure how to do all of that. lol I'll try to follow up on this and see what else happens if anything using the same setup. Still going through a list of recordings I haven't listened to yet. I'll be sure to post if I find anything.
07-23-2016, 10:36 AM
(07-13-2016 05:23 PM)mikaru Wrote:  
(07-13-2016 05:01 PM)Vultyrex Wrote:  I would like to know how you sat this up. Positioning, wires, and everything you can explain to me.

I simply placed the p-sb7 laying flat on wooden table with the antenna down. There's a mini AYL external speaker connected to the spiritbox. The wire sets the speaker about 6" away from the spiritbox. I placed the Tascam dr-40 about 12" away from the speaker.

The spiritbox was set to sweep forward at 200ms on FM.

I didn't hear any kind of questions or interactions from you. It will pick up fragments of any radio signals but will be sweeping too fast for it to catch any complete words
Plus it is a receiver so it will not generate any sounds of it's own.
One suggestion...always scan in reverse. Then what you do get could be something, could be not, but any clear responses will not be radio.
07-23-2016, 11:10 AM
Yeah, that does sound strange. My initial suggestion was going to be that it might be tonals produced something to do with the electronics after listening to the unfiltered recording in your first post. Several times on the unfiltered full recording the tone was only one note. After listening again I don't think it's an electronic noise produced by the setup up. I don't yet think it's supernatural, but I don't think it was produced by any electronic interaction of the equipment. Just my opinion.

-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE
07-25-2016, 05:21 PM
(07-23-2016 11:10 AM)Darkforeboding Wrote:  Yeah, that does sound strange. My initial suggestion was going to be that it might be tonals produced something to do with the electronics after listening to the unfiltered recording in your first post. Several times on the unfiltered full recording the tone was only one note. After listening again I don't think it's an electronic noise produced by the setup up. I don't yet think it's supernatural, but I don't think it was produced by any electronic interaction of the equipment. Just my opinion.

I'm not sure it's supernatural. Even though I really want it to be. lol
I'm not even sure spirits can communicate with us through recorders or spiritboxes.
Just experimenting and sharing the things I can't explain that sound interesting.
I do appreciate the time that people take to listen to and comment on my recordings.
Just give it to me straight. I can take and do appreciate honesty. If its not supernatural, then it isn't. I'll just keep experimenting and sharing anything I can't figure out. Big Grin
07-25-2016, 07:05 PM
Taken from the Tascam manual
" This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instruction manual, may cause harmful interference to radio communications."
So we have the sb7 creating audio pareidolia and add yet another object that can further interfere.
Must be a spirit
07-25-2016, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2016 07:18 PM by Darkforeboding.)
(07-25-2016 07:05 PM)UglyNRude Wrote:  Taken from the Tascam manual
" This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instruction manual, may cause harmful interference to radio communications."
So we have the sb7 creating audio pareidolia and add yet another object that can further interfere.

Must be a spirit

The recording doesn't sound like the usual, run-of-the-mill interference that I have heard in the past. I'm more prone to think it was an actual sound in the room, though one that was not audible or barely audible to anyone outside the room. Possible sources can be as innocent as a doorspring, wood that has a resonance, or wind chimes.

-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE