Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My dog is acting weird
I have a toy poodle & normally she has to be either laying next to me or she has to be in my lap. Whenever I get up she usually has to follow me. The past couple of days she's acting weird. She all of a sudden looks like she is afraid. She jumps off the couch runs and hides under the table. All spring she loves laying in front of fans. The past few days she jumps off the couch with her tail down like she's afraid. I don't understand her acting like something is after her. She will sometimes look like something is after her. I'm just wondering since dogs can see spirits is it possible that's what she is afraid of? Usually she is a happy easy going dog. It creeps me out this odd behavior. This doesn't happen all the time but today and the past few days she has been doing this odd behavior.
While many things can cause a dog to act like this I would lean towards fireworks as many dogs are afraid of the noise.

Now if you are looking for a paranormal cause you are probably under demonic possession. Start saving your money and you too can be saved. Make sure you document the exorcism so you can make a movie. Bring in a con man and he can even pump up your story.
If you have skype and $300.00 laying around you can get a one hour exorcism.
(07-08-2016, 01:47 PM)UglyNRude Wrote: While many things can cause a dog to act like this I would lean towards fireworks as many dogs are afraid of the noise.

Now if you are looking for a paranormal cause you are probably under demonic possession. Start saving your money and you too can be saved. Make sure you document the exorcism so you can make a movie. Bring in a con man and he can even pump up your story.
If you have skype and $300.00 laying around you can get a one hour exorcism.

There hasn't been any outside noise. Two unexplained things have happened here last week.
Have you bought something a few days ago from yard sale, antique shop? Has anyone given you something, like a potted plant?
TAKE YOUR DOG TO A VET AND GET HER A CHECKUP!

I am not answering your question, but any vet will tell you that medical problems will manifest with pets in many different ways. This is due to pets not sensing pain in the same way that we do and not having an outlet when they are in pain. An animal will typically just shake off anything but serious pain, suck it up, and continue doing whatever. Most any vet will relate cases where a pet had a severe medical problem and continued functioning until just before it collapsed. It is extremely important to have any unusual behavior checked by a vet.

I have 3 dogs. Four if you count the temporary puppy we have right now. Truthfully, most of them are doing something weird most of the time. This includes the 12 year old terrier that has something like the dog version of Alzheimers. He is prone to jumping into my lap and acting like he wants something but doesn't know what. He was already fed, he doesn't want outside, he doesn't want to play. He just looks at me with an anxious look like he expects something, but I don't think he knows what. He doesn't see a ghost, he just has some mental problems.

I say that, but truthfully we don't know what a dog sees and what a dog feels. Your dog might have had something such as a bee sting that you never realized and now every time she hears a fly she's afraid of being stung. Likewise, we know she can hear things that you can't and smell things that you don't. She might smell smoke from somewhere. It's possible she can hear the bass speaker from a distant neighbor's stereo.

But get her to a vet! I don't want you to find out she had something wrong too late!
-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE

I second Darkforeboding, get your dog to the vet. Have you checked it's stools? Is everything running normal down there? My grandma's dog was acting like that and it turned out she had a clogged anal gland. My dog acts like that before he gets a seizure. When you're not feeling well do you act normal?
(07-08-2016, 02:20 PM)Itheblaze Wrote: Have you bought something a few days ago from yard sale, antique shop? Has anyone given you something, like a potted plant?

No I haven't bought anything from a second hand shop. I don't have any plants in my apartment. She is perfectly healthy she's never been sick. She got her rabies shot & other shots dogs are supposed to get annually.

I don't know if this matters or not but I thought I should mention it. A few days ago I asked m deceased grandmother to show me she's still watching over me like she always did. She's been gone for 9 years it's hard to believe she's been gone that long. Less than 5 minutes after I asked her to let me know she's with me something strange happened. I had a stack of books on the coffee table. I had my back turned to the coffee table doing something. Then when I went back to sit on my couch the top book was laying next to the stack of books. From the way the book was laying I would have heard it fall. I even put the book back on the stack and walked away watching the book. The book didn't move. The next day one if my dog's toys squeaked which scared me nearly half to death. All of this happened after I asked my grandmother to let me know she's with me. I called my mom and told her what happened. She agreed it was my grandmother doing that. My mom believes like I do they deceased loved ones let us know when they are with us. Could this have to do with my dog acting weird?
I wonder if my dog is seeing my grandmother?
I can't help but think my dog is either seeing my grandmother or my granddaddy. My granddaddy loved dogs.
Im going to third the vote of taking the dog to the vet and I would also say make sure that there have been no recalls on the food you feed her. I know with one recall my friends dogs got sick/confused/ acted weird.
"Studies Show...Intelligent girls are more depressed, because they know what the world is really like.....She knows in society she's either a Devil or an Angel with no in between. She speaks in the third person, so that she can forget that she's me." ~Emily Autumn
My cat is acting weird, must be paranormal influence.

*Sighs*

There is absolutely no way you can come to that conclusion to even be an option? Why do people tend to go straight to the fantastic as a plausible answer without exploring common sense and simple scientific explanations?
[Image: space.gif]
This is irritating and negligent. Your dog only has one way to tell you it isn't well, by SHOWING you. I take my kid to his annual doctors visits and he's up to date on all his shots. I guess if he doesn't get out of bed for a few days he's not sick, it's just a ghost spooking him.