Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A picture I took in my home
06-24-2016, 10:08 AM
A picture I took in my home
My wife and I had purchased a battery operated toy for our daughter. Every once in awhile when my daughter's room was dark and empty the toy would randomly begin playing one of the songs. It has two switches on it that have to be engaged for the music to activate. It doesn't have a demo mode or anything. When the doors to the room were closed you could periodically hear footsteps coming from the room even though it was vacant. One night when the toy went off I decided to take a picture with my Samsung Galaxy SIII. I upgraded to the S5 active and didn't use the S3 much and hadn't bothered to clear it off. I ran back across the phone while cleaning and decided to check out the contents after charging. There was an album titled "DCIM" in the Gallery on the phone. This was the only picture in the album.
I am open to thoughts and inquiries.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2016, 10:16 AM
RE: A picture I took in my home
U&R, will you please find this ghost app and post? Much obliged.
06-24-2016, 10:45 AM
I would very much like to know if the picture may have been manipulated by an application. If it has been, I was unaware and I will gladly edit the post or see about having it removed. I don't want to post any misdirection. Not intentionally or inadvertently.
06-24-2016, 11:26 AM
This is an obvious fake.
06-24-2016, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2016 01:05 PM by UglyNRude.)
I am so tired of people faking pictures .... of course its an app .... and if you look probably on a few different ones.
[Image: talkparanormalfakephoto.jpg]

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...=1&theater

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
06-24-2016, 01:48 PM
U&R, run us through on how you put a ghost app in the picture. Could you accidently do this without knowing?
06-24-2016, 02:22 PM
Asked and answered. I guess it is reassuring that it is fake.
Upon finding the picture I had wondered if it might be seeing as it is as clear as it is. I searched the internet to see if I could locate a watermark template that was identical but hadn't found any matches only others of a similar fashion.

I apologize for the unintentionally misleading post.

Is it possible that another application with sufficient permissions would be able to access my pictures and fabricate a photo as such without having an application with that capability or purpose on a device?
06-24-2016, 02:49 PM
You have to download an app (there are many) then take a picture using the app and pic the ghost you want. Place it where you want and you can alter, the opacity, the size, the height and width, even mirror on some apps. Some allow you to add a ghost to a previously taken picture. So someone who had access to the phone did this. So who is the dishonest person? The DCIM folder is the digital camera Image folder. But you have to love the extent people will go to for attention.

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
06-24-2016, 04:56 PM
I can only think of one person who had access, knew my pass code and likely would've done it to make me look like an idiot if I were to make an inquiry. There are always lessons to be learned from exes. ( -_-)
06-27-2016, 11:23 AM
Why is there a story to this on how, why, and where the photo was taken if this is the plot of a dishonest ex?

[Image: space.gif]