Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Book on Ghosts and Haunted Places
Scream_16 
Hello Everyone,

My name is Chi and I am new to this website. I have been searching for years for a book I lost. Maybe, someone who has ever read books on ghosts can help me out. I do not remember the complete title. All I remember is that the book was paperback, it was black and the title was in white. The title included the words GHOSTS capitalized. It had a picture of a haunted place (not a house) more like a building. The book was about ghosts and places around the world that are famously haunted. It has dates and names of ghosts and places and sightings.

If anyone reading this has a clue on the title, I would much appreciate it, if they would send me the name.

- Chi
Doesn't ring any bells with me, sorry.

But welcome to the site, anyway!
-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE

(04-21-2016, 10:11 PM)Darkforeboding Wrote: Doesn't ring any bells with me, sorry.

But welcome to the site, anyway!

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I hope someone can remember the book or even own it.

You just described hundreds of ghost/haunting books lol could it be The Complete Book of Ghosts? If not what year was it published or even when you lost it, that way we can rule out too recent publications. I've read tons of books like that.
The others are correct--that describes a lot of books. I suggest you try your query at Goodreads. Goodreads.com search "ghosts"
All Posted Photos Shared Under Creative Commons
Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported
Attribute by linking to a thread originally posted by me, Jadewik. Thanks.
There is a place that has been keeping records of haunted places. Try this: http://theshadowlands.net/places/
[Image: space.gif]
Google ghost book and switch to images
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
OMG I actually own that book. It's quite thick, and I've used it for intel research more than once. I actually wrote a paper based on the entire book itself. I believe I still have it, somewhere...
If you to to BAM or Borders, you might be able to find it. Look in the spirituality sections.
(04-22-2016, 02:26 AM)Vultyrex Wrote: There is a place that has been keeping records of haunted places. Try this: http://theshadowlands.net/places/

The Shadowlands site has never failed to disappoint me. Aside from the listings sounding like they were written by grade school children repeating schoolyard rumors, and frequent misspellings of words, there are references to places that don't exist, or have ceased to exist. I have sent them updates myself but never had them appear. It is sometimes good for a laugh. I laughed when I read the misspelling in the story for Mineral Wells (Texas)- Ft. Wolters (sic) Complex.
-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE

(04-24-2016, 06:18 PM)empathic_nerd Wrote: OMG I actually own that book. It's quite thick, and I've used it for intel research more than once. I actually wrote a paper based on the entire book itself. I believe I still have it, somewhere...
If you to to BAM or Borders, you might be able to find it. Look in the spirituality sections.

Think you can post the title, author, publishing company and ISBN for your copy?