Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Looking for the Fae Folk in North America
03-20-2016, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2016 11:04 AM by UglyNRude.)
Looking for the Fae Folk in North America
Have you seen a fairy, gnome, troll, leprechaun, little people of the forest or any other type of Fea Folk? If so I am very interested in speaking with you. I am specifically looking for people in North America but wold like to hear all stories.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2016, 12:14 PM
RE: Looking for the Fae Folk in North America
You hit on one of the things that I am interested in, though I am not really a believer. If you look a bit you can find some stories about fae folk in Native American folklore. I don't have a link right this second but will look and post one later. One of the things that interests me quite a bit is the fact that things attributed years ago to fairies, Leprechauns, pixies, etc. are not attributed to spirits, pixies, angels, or demons. The "symptoms" in many cases are almost identical.

What is interesting in this is that the reports are so similar but the perception of the cause has changed over time.

Wikipedia article on little people:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_people_(mythology)

Little more researched and more authoritative article:
http://www.readperiodicals.com/201310/3159628991.html

-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE
04-01-2016, 05:36 AM
(03-20-2016 12:14 PM)Darkforeboding Wrote:  The "symptoms" in many cases are almost identical.
What symptoms specifically are you talking about?
04-01-2016, 09:00 AM
Symptoms. If you experienced the following 500 years ago you might think you had your local version of a fairy visiting your house: Hearing voices or other disembodied sounds such as laughter, music, or knocking. Unusual feelings of being watched. Perceptions that something was living in your basement, attic, rafters of your house, fireplace, or a particular wall of your house. Objects going missing or seemingly being moved from one place to another. Streaks of good or bad luck. Windows or doors opening or closing by themselves. Unusual smells of unknown origin. Seeing things in the corner of your vision.

That is just a few, there are others. All of above today would be taken as evidence that you were haunted.

In addition if you have unusual dreams, feel like you were abducted in your sleep, or experience periods of lost time you might think that you were abducted by aliens. In the middle ages it would have been taken as evidence that you had been abducted by fairies.

-DFB

04-01-2016, 10:18 AM
(04-01-2016 09:00 AM)Darkforeboding Wrote:  Symptoms. If you experienced the following 500 years ago you might think you had your local version of a fairy visiting your house: Hearing voices or other disembodied sounds such as laughter, music, or knocking. Unusual feelings of being watched. Perceptions that something was living in your basement, attic, rafters of your house, fireplace, or a particular wall of your house. Objects going missing or seemingly being moved from one place to another. Streaks of good or bad luck. Windows or doors opening or closing by themselves. Unusual smells of unknown origin. Seeing things in the corner of your vision.

That is just a few, there are others. All of above today would be taken as evidence that you were haunted.

In addition if you have unusual dreams, feel like you were abducted in your sleep, or experience periods of lost time you might think that you were abducted by aliens. In the middle ages it would have been taken as evidence that you had been abducted by fairies.

Ahh, I was curious if any of the symptoms would resemble symptoms supposed alien abductees claimed to have that resembled radiation sickness.
04-01-2016, 01:48 PM
Also, mushroom fairy rings growing in the yard.
04-01-2016, 09:25 PM
(04-01-2016 10:18 AM)Krister Wrote:  Ahh, I was curious if any of the symptoms would resemble symptoms supposed alien abductees claimed to have that resembled radiation sickness.

Possibly, though I haven't read anything specifically. Symptoms of radiation sickness are mostly the same as flu symptoms for non-lethal doses. Higher doses would also have skin rashes, blisters, and burns. Kidney and other organ damage might cause death in longer term but high doses would cause kidney failure in a short time. All of those symptoms could be confused with other causes.

I have really serious reservations about alien abduction theories, though.

-DFB

07-28-2016, 06:23 PM
(03-20-2016 10:49 AM)mcparanormalrs Wrote:  Have you seen a fairy, gnome, troll, leprechaun, little people of the forest or any other type of Fea Folk? If so I am very interested in speaking with you. I am specifically looking for people in North America but wold like to hear all stories.

Thanks!

hello i live in illinois USA

and have encountered fae folk in my parents backwoods before I even have a pictuer of a fairy ring of some may bell plants that formed a circle from where i had been giving offerings to the tuatha de danaan and fae and chahoteda or tree spirits

are you hunting them or just looking for experience stories? before i proceed
08-03-2016, 05:49 PM
(07-28-2016 06:23 PM)futhark89 Wrote:  
(03-20-2016 10:49 AM)mcparanormalrs Wrote:  Have you seen a fairy, gnome, troll, leprechaun, little people of the forest or any other type of Fea Folk? If so I am very interested in speaking with you. I am specifically looking for people in North America but wold like to hear all stories.

Thanks!

hello i live in illinois USA

and have encountered fae folk in my parents backwoods before I even have a pictuer of a fairy ring of some may bell plants that formed a circle from where i had been giving offerings to the tuatha de danaan and fae and chahoteda or tree spirits

are you hunting them or just looking for experience stories? before i proceed

Cool, I live in southeast Iowa. Unfortunately, I can't claim to have seen any little people.

09-04-2016, 12:35 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2016 12:42 AM by Soapstone.)
i am pretty open minded and would like to believe things like fairies/faeries, elves, gnomes, dryads, leprechauns, and such do exist. i have read online that if you want to attract them then you should build a fairy house and put it in your yard, using only natural object to create the house stuff that has fallen on the ground and not from anything currently living (breaking off tree branches, etc.)

i have a book called Fairies: Real Encounters with Little People by Janet Bord, that i found at a local thrift store and have read half of it, i need to finish it soon, and i recently started watching Gateways to Faerie on UFOTV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZURERtex38

i seem to have pretty good luck with growing things in my yard, so i may have faeries and whatnot around and helping with that, i also have a gnome statue in the yard as well that i got as a gift from my old neighbors.

i would love to be able to meet them and get to know them, but i am not so good with sensing things with my 3rd eye and whatnot. i live in the SLC, Utah area.
(04-01-2016 09:00 AM)Darkforeboding Wrote:  Symptoms. If you experienced the following 500 years ago you might think you had your local version of a fairy visiting your house: Hearing voices or other disembodied sounds such as laughter, music, or knocking. Unusual feelings of being watched. Perceptions that something was living in your basement, attic, rafters of your house, fireplace, or a particular wall of your house. Objects going missing or seemingly being moved from one place to another. Streaks of good or bad luck. Windows or doors opening or closing by themselves. Unusual smells of unknown origin. Seeing things in the corner of your vision.

i have read a bit in my book how faeries have been attributed to poltergest activity as well as ufo activity and aliens. and the flip side is that sometimes the ufo cases could have been faeries. it seems that a lot of the paranormal world is linked together and that those who have seen ufos, when they are in the middle of a flap, also have poltergeist activity in their homes and are more likely to have hairy monster encounters with bigfoot and ilk. i think the paranormal world is very strange and very cool, but also VERY big!