Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Using titles in arrogance
03-17-2016, 01:14 PM
Using titles in arrogance
I am NOT sure if this is the exact place for this thread, but i couldn't really find a better board other than maybe, misc paranormal?

anyway, ever since i took an interest in Paranormal/Magic/Energy Work,

I found I often encountered like minded people through conversations, or noticing that someone had some sort of energy about them.

these people would either just insist that they were an empath, or sometimes even a witch (only a few of these).

I have seen more than a few people (i used to hang out at a Vape shop before work because of a friend that works there).

and I noticed that some of the people who visited the shop had Pentagram jewelry (upside down star in the circle). most of these people were clearly just metal heads or similar people. but one of them (a female who my friend knew) didn't fit that mold. my buddy is a very interesting person, and when i asked him about her, he explained she was a witch. at first i was like: huh, cool, i guess?

but several days later i was just sitting by myself eating pizza at the shop counter and she had sat down next to me and was talking to my buddy.

I listened (eves dropped) and noticed that she was in an irritated mood, romance drama basically. and she was complaining to my friend (who is a ridiculous empath, he can also clean objects and is fairly good at Reiki Work). He listened and simply replied: "your vibrating, stop it."

she went on for a while until someone walked into the shop that she apparently didn't like, because as soon as she noticed him, she stopped talking completely. my friend; being an employee had to go help the man with his order, leaving me sitting next to this person.

i watched her out of the corner of my eye fume at this person she had beef with, then she removed a ring she had on her finger, then removed her pentagram necklace. all she did was stare at this person. and he completely ignored her after looking at her once while he waited for his order. once he left, i asked her a few questions about why she had removed her necklace and ring, and she openly replied that she uses them to suppress her energy and when she takes it off, she uses her energy to intimidate people. she seemed very pleased with that i asked her and went on to explain that she was a Wiccan witch.

We went on to talk about energy working and i explained a whole bunch of energy working skills i had been working on, which she claimed were impossible because it was far too advanced for someone my age (i am 25).

one of the techniques i talked to her about was manipulating room energy giving people the sensation that they were lifting up when they weren't, then settling the energy back to normal again. when i demonstrated it to her she didn't enjoy the fact that i could do it to spite her.

Is it a thing for some people to use witch as a title to make themselves feel better or more important?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2016, 02:26 PM
RE: Using titles in arrogance
Titles don't matter, only a persons heart and abilities do. You can have a seemingly unnoticeable janitor that does his job everyday, completely minds his own business and attracting no attention toward himself, but could have very high-level energy.

Regarding your wiccan witch friend, she doesn't sound very mature and despite whatever minor things she can do with her own energy, people with truly powerful high-level abilities won't conduct themselves like her and would care very little for personal vendettas. Compared to them, I guarantee she's quite insignificant.
03-17-2016, 02:57 PM
(03-17-2016 02:26 PM)Akaalis Wrote:  Titles don't matter, only a persons heart and abilities do. You can have a seemingly unnoticeable janitor that does his job everyday, completely minds his own business and attracting no attention toward himself, but could have very high-level energy. Compared to them, I guarantee she's quite insignificant.

I have no doubts she is insignificant. As i have met a few of these unnoticed giants (as far as energy goes). I have a Shamanistic mentor who has every day for 55 years put spare energy into a bloodstone ring. even if he didn't have it, i know he (as far as energy working goes), is a force to be reckoned with.

as a side note about this man, we went on a walk one day last spring, he was showing me how to talk to trees and how each tree type has a particular attitude when connected to. (trees like locus are fairly stuck up or uncooperative if you ask to borrow energy for any reason, while Oaks are more willing to share so long as you give back when you can.)

and after walking through the town we came to a local grocery store (he needed a few things and had turned the walk into a lesson), and after grabbing a few things we were about to go through the check out when a fellow customer started complaining about something that he had purchased. and after her threatened a female manager, my mentor walked up to him and asked if there was anything he could help with, the man ignored him and the manager was very fed up at this point and was calling (i assumed the police on the store phone). my mentor talked calmly to the man and then placed his hand on his shoulder to reassure him about something and i literally watched the man's rage and frustration fall apart and he just walked out after apologizing for to the manager.

I know what my mentor did, and i know how to do it, but its the ease of which he was able to just remove the man's emotion and replace it with a calm almost remorseful demeanor. with nobody outside of maybe me and my mentor knowing what he did.

there are alot of people nobody would ever suspect to be able to do really powerful stuff.

Quote:Regarding your wiccan witch friend.

i wouldn't consider us "friends" as much as acquaintances.
03-17-2016, 07:14 PM
Ok I kinda find this funny as you take the name of a God as your user name, then make a thread on arrogance Smile. Your description of a Pentagram is really why I am posting this. A Pentagram is not a upside down star in a circle. A Pentagram is the physical form of a Pentacle. There is an argument that the circle makes a Pentacle a Pentagram, others feel the words are interchangeable{Im in this camp}. The orientation holds no significance both forms pictured below are Pentagrams.

Metal bands love the "upside down" Pentagram and Sigil of Baphomet. Its probably one of the most worn but not understood symbols people come upon. I can't even riddled off a number of how many people Ive met claim to follow the Pentagram and don't understand it. I even knew one that called herself a Wiccan but had a bag with the Sigil of Baphomet thinking it was a Pentagram.

For your associate to be using her energy to intimidate others with her energy is not Wiccan its against the Rede. It might explain why she can't do much with her energy. She sounds like someone who should have her powers bound, that kind screw up the order of things. My guess is asking her why she removed the ring and necklace is that you probably didn't even feel a shift in the energy. That and a person who actually knows what they are doing doesn't need jewelry to keep their energy contained.

We all don't start at the same level. Some work hard all their lives and even teamed up with others and still can do practically nothing. Others are born with great skill, usually an area they are best at or two. The rest are in the middle. But as in all things the ones who brag the most usually do the least.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

"Studies Show...Intelligent girls are more depressed, because they know what the world is really like.....She knows in society she's either a Devil or an Angel with no in between. She speaks in the third person, so that she can forget that she's me." ~Emily Autumn
03-17-2016, 08:14 PM
If Jeopardy held occult trivia on Halloween, you would so win the coveted Bat Mobile. You know the strangest things, FL. Couldn't a person quick on the draw like this, still do some damage with at least a quarter of her energy? Couldn't she channel her anger for damage?
03-17-2016, 08:54 PM
She could in theory cause damage, but the basic rule is "and harming none, do as you please"; so intentionally causing harm by default not a Wiccan. Thus my comment that shes better bound if shes doing stuff like that. Granted binding should not be done lightly, but to be so wayward as to be using her energy to intimidate others{and being jealous of the OPs abilities} its really for everyones benefit. If she steps far enough out of line someone will do it.

I had an obsessed period when I was in middle school. I did the bare minimal to pass and spent the rest of the time studying mythology, different spiritual paths, philosophy, the occult, weird statistics and information, symbols and languages. I always wanted to crack Etruscan, and at one point wanted to learn all the languages of the Allies and Axis so if I ever got the chance to visit places of significance in WWII. I ended up with alot of forgotten German, some Japanese and maybe 300 words in sign language. I know Im pretty weird, and my friend always gets mad when she goes to tell me about stuff because I know about it{like how this time of year with daylight savings shift is the highest point for heart attacks~old news but she just learned a few days ago}. I was never really a kid, maybe its because Im said to be smart, or maybe because my soul has been around too many times to still be a kid when I get rebooted.

"Studies Show...Intelligent girls are more depressed, because they know what the world is really like.....She knows in society she's either a Devil or an Angel with no in between. She speaks in the third person, so that she can forget that she's me." ~Emily Autumn
03-18-2016, 06:14 AM
(03-17-2016 07:14 PM)Fair_Luminary Wrote:  Ok I kinda find this funny as you take the name of a God as your user name, then make a thread on arrogance Smile.

I think i mentioned in my intro thread why i used the name. I am by no means all knowing, and i did mention i have at least one teacher. While i am by no means a King... Even king Arthur needed guidance.

Quote:Your description of a Pentagram is really why I am posting this. A Pentagram is not a upside down star in a circle. A Pentagram is the physical form of a Pentacle. There is an argument that the circle makes a Pentacle a Pentagram, others feel the words are interchangeable{Im in this camp}. The orientation holds no significance both forms pictured below are Pentagrams.

I have heard similar accounts, but a someone i talked to was adamant that orientation of the points had meaning on the uses. and explained that pentacles have one point facing up, while pentagrams have two.

she also explained that while NEITHER have a force alignment (chaos or holy) they do have particular uses that are separate.

though i guess be cause the shape IS a star inside a circle, there would never be clearly defined top or bottom to the shape. so its always neutral and the name could be come a speculation of interpretation.

Quote:For your associate to be using her energy to intimidate others with her energy is not Wiccan its against the Rede. It might explain why she can't do much with her energy. She sounds like someone who should have her powers bound, that kind screw up the order of things. My guess is asking her why she removed the ring and necklace is that you probably didn't even feel a shift in the energy. That and a person who actually knows what they are doing doesn't need jewelry to keep their energy contained.

this is very true, when she removed the rings and necklace, I didn't even feel a wind shift, which is what i am used to feeling when someone accesses energy and directs it. and being honest she was visibly upset when i could access ambient energy. she tensed up and i could see her just try to throw daggers with her eyes. I try not to think of people with pity, but that is literally what i felt for her, I was sad she couldn't think outside herself.

Example, there is a difference between people who are just... blind or unaware of energy, and those who know its there and can't communicate with it.
03-18-2016, 08:16 AM
I know you mentioned it there, but that plus this thread title I find it funny as even as much as I know I know Im still daft.

The points do have meaning yes as does orientation in cases, but what I was noting is both are pentagrams{though by a court case on religious freedom listed the single upwards point as a Pentacle by defendants that they should be allowed to wear it}. Depending on the coven or practice the meanings change by personal interpretation. The main origin I attribute to math{but Im a fan of sacred geometry}.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagram
We can basically blame Agrippa{who was mentioned in Frankenstein} and those of that era for making it popular. And also as in math were a square is a rectangle but a rectangle is not a square...Pentagrams are Pentacles, but not all Pentacles are Pentagrams. The old meaning of Pentacle was simply a magical talisman, some still hold it as that today.

So I go by the historical view and evolution of the words. That and usually the people Ive found that don't understand this don't have much skill in the crafts anyway.

I wouldn't pity her myself, think of it this way if she was as skilled as you what do you think she would be doing with it? Im guessing nothing good. If you felt nothing at all maybe someone bound her already. Its definitely hard explaining energy to those who don't feel it, you at least seem lucky to have a few around you that are connected. Ive only run into a few people in my life I would say had any real connection. And I know of a few that did things they shouldn't and can't do anything at all now.

03-18-2016, 02:17 PM
Titles give self purpose that actually help ego and self-esteem in a certain area. Sometimes they can be misleading and misplaced due to one's ego and self worth.

As for people who continue to live in a false sense, I pity them. They have not found who they truly are and only seem to dabble at something they do not know anything about. It's all about gratification of others rather than self satisfaction which is a sad fact of today's social economy.

[Image: space.gif]
07-08-2016, 03:25 PM
The woman that was mentioned in the original post, while I know it has been said before (I have to say it again)
SHE IS NOT A WICCAN!!!
Wiccan's do not use their energy to harm or intimidate, we use them to heal, protect, and guide. For someone to do such things and then claim to be Wiccan is the kind of crap that keeps giving us a bad name among other religions and communities. She's not Wiccan, but she may be a witch. A bad one that you should stay away from, in case you do something to get on her bad side. People like that can do some damage, even as weak as her powers seem to be. Even a little bit over a long period of time is dangerous.
Or, if you think you can help her, you should definitely at least show her the Wiccan Rede. Let her know that what she is doing is wrong for this religion.
And yes, she is weak. If, as Fair_Luminary said, you didn't feel even the slightest change when she took her jewelry off, her power isn't really so strong that it needs to be held back by a necklace. Even if she is only directing it at someone else, you should have felt at least something with her sitting right next to her. Still, a little is still dangerous, so be cautious.

These eight words, the Rede fulfil: And ye harm none, do what ye will.