I don't use the board alone! You crazy?
61.54%
8 61.54%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Success using the board alone?
I was wondering if anyone here uses the board alone? I understand it is more difficult to use alone so I would like to hear your success stories if you have used it alone.
What do you mean?
(03-14-2016, 09:45 AM)albie Wrote: What do you mean?

Typically when using a spirit board, two or more people place their hands on the planchette simultaneously, I am asking about those who have used it solo.
This is missing two options imo.
One for people who don't believe its anything more then ideomotor, no matter how many people
And two
One for people who don't believe divination tools should be used as toys. Which is how most everyone uses them.

Im in the second and prefer Tarot.
"Studies Show...Intelligent girls are more depressed, because they know what the world is really like.....She knows in society she's either a Devil or an Angel with no in between. She speaks in the third person, so that she can forget that she's me." ~Emily Autumn
I will not believe anyone that claims they have used one of these boards alone and received messages.
[Image: space.gif]
(03-14-2016, 01:11 PM)Fair_Luminary Wrote: This is missing two options imo.
One for people who don't believe its anything more then ideomotor, no matter how many people
And two
One for people who don't believe divination tools should be used as toys. Which is how most everyone uses them.

Im in the second and prefer Tarot.

Yea I left those out because they didn't fit the question. I wanted to keep it simple, for those that don't partake they can choose the last option if they want to participate. There are already threads here debating what people think about the board, so I didn't want it to turn into another one of those.
I understand the whole debate of them working, but there is no point in the poll as it skews the data. Giving the last option for all others to participate skews it even more{that one as I read it implies fear and belief}. I just don't understand making such a biased poll when no matter what debates happen here on issues. It was going to come up one way or another.
"Studies Show...Intelligent girls are more depressed, because they know what the world is really like.....She knows in society she's either a Devil or an Angel with no in between. She speaks in the third person, so that she can forget that she's me." ~Emily Autumn
(03-14-2016, 02:31 PM)Fair_Luminary Wrote: I understand the whole debate of them working, but there is no point in the poll as it skews the data. Giving the last option for all others to participate skews it even more{that one as I read it implies fear and belief}. I just don't understand making such a biased poll when no matter what debates happen here on issues. It was going to come up one way or another.

Really it is to see who has had success solo, whoever responds no is irrelevant. By the way this isn't an important poll bound for a newspaper or magazine just my own probing. Hope it doesn't offend any hard core researchers out there.
I just take it as a youngster by the way he posts. So I understand he doesn't want to include methods that explain it.
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
(03-14-2016, 04:23 PM)UglyNRude Wrote: I just take it as a youngster by the way he posts. So I understand he doesn't want to include methods that explain it.

Well I thought the question was pretty straight forward, but I'm willing to admit I could have phrased it much better. I'm trying to see if anyone in this community has had any "results" so to say by using the board solo. Now I understand "results" are completely subjective and yes I could have just left off "I don't use the board alone, You crazy?" but I thought it would be entertaining. The "You crazy?" in the last answer could mean, "Wow that is dangerous! You are crazy..." or it could mean "That is dumb because it's fake and you are crazy...", it could mean anything really, again subjective but still there for those that want to participate but have never tried solo or want to try for that matter.

This is why I split up yes into three possible selections (what I'm really interested in).
For every vote in the top 3 we know how many have at least tried the board solo.
I expanded into "Lots", "Little", or "No" Success so that we could get a little bit more info on the success without requiring those to post a comment detailing their experiences and then have to face an onslaught of public ridicule. I wish now that I had included something between Lots and Little but oh well. I hope that helps.