Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
isolated
03-09-2016, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2016 12:57 PM by kent0005.)
isolated
I dont know how to say it. I feel like i have been watching the world go by me the whole time. I have trouble forming relationships. I feel like im watching them go by me. I feel this despair when i think about my relationships such that I don't even know how i exist in such loneliness. Everything seems so distant and far away like i live in a different world where no one can enter. I watched them when i was a kid. I watch them now. I watch them in my dreams. I watch the people go on with their life. Its like im meant to see and not engage as the world goes by me. I have been watching the whole time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2016, 02:48 PM
RE: isolated
Honestly this sounds like text book depression. I suggest speaking to someone in your non-internet life{Family, friends, a doctor}.

"Studies Show...Intelligent girls are more depressed, because they know what the world is really like.....She knows in society she's either a Devil or an Angel with no in between. She speaks in the third person, so that she can forget that she's me." ~Emily Autumn
03-09-2016, 04:25 PM
(03-09-2016 12:56 PM)kent0005 Wrote:  I dont know how to say it. I feel like i have been watching the world go by me the whole time. I have trouble forming relationships. I feel like im watching them go by me. I feel this despair when i think about my relationships such that I don't even know how i exist in such loneliness. Everything seems so distant and far away like i live in a different world where no one can enter. I watched them when i was a kid. I watch them now. I watch them in my dreams. I watch the people go on with their life. Its like im meant to see and not engage as the world goes by me. I have been watching the whole time.

Have you tried involving yourself with talking with people? Like, if you're standing in line at a grocery store and there's a person in front of you (or standing behind you) that you want to engage in a conversation with, however slight or small that conversation may be, do you attempt to talk to them?

If you want to make connections with people or with any person that you happen to meet during your daily travels, you'll have to be brave enough to be the one to speak to them first to strike up a conversation. Now, I KNOW how scary that sounds and how intimidating that feels, but...you HAVE TO do it. So what if the person doesn't receive you well or if they end up feeling as scary and intimidated as YOU do with responding to your attempts at communication and connection?

You just keep on communicating with people (when it FEELS COMFORTABLE for you to do so and even when it DOESN'T feel so comfortable for you to strike up a conversation with someone) until they do respond to you - and eventually, people WILL respond to whatever you're saying to them, as long as what you're saying to them is NORMAL and is something that most people say to other people at some point, y'know?

Listen...you're NOT alone. Trust me, you're really NOT. You just gotta keep on reaching out to other people until someone ends up reaching out to YOU. That's how you end up making connections with other people - however brief or long those connections last.

Good luck. Just know that you have people here who care enough to respond to you whenever they've got the time and when they feel a connection to whatever it is that you're saying.Icontexto-emoticons-03-032x032

[Image: decyellow.gif]
03-09-2016, 06:09 PM
I second Fair_Luminary about seeing a Dr., be HONEST with the Dr. don't pick and choose what to divulge, it is all important and involve friends and family so they can understand/help also.