Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Invoking elementals
03-02-2016, 04:30 PM
Invoking elementals
Hey everyone, this is my first thread about something I've been trying to do. When I call the quarters to protect and guard my circle, I get scared.

I know that each elemental will be something I'll feel, and that's what scares me. But, another thing that scares me is that I learned I have to take full command of it because if I don't, then it'll do whatever it wants to do instead of doing what I need it to do. I realize that they just act according to their nature, so that's not what scares me. I guess what freaks me out a bit is what could happen if I can't control it and if I don't banish it from my circle the right way.

How do I get over my fear of dealing with the elementals? Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what did you do to get past it?

[Image: decyellow.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2016, 05:01 AM
RE: Invoking elementals
I doubt if anyone here has any experience in ritual magic. This place is dressed up as a paranormal site but it is really full of sceptics.
03-03-2016, 06:25 PM
(03-03-2016 05:01 AM)albie Wrote:  I doubt if anyone here has any experience in ritual magic. This place is dressed up as a paranormal site but it is really full of sceptics.

Thanks for your response, Albie. I actually had someone PM me to advise me on how to call upon higher level entities instead of calling upon the basic elementals.

I am grateful that this website exists, because I really want insight and knowledge into the wonderful yet intriguing world of witchcraft and Wicca.

Have you personally had any experience with calling the quarters, or anything having to do with witchcraft? If so, I'd love to hear (or in this case, read lol) your views, opinions and experiences with it.Icontexto-emoticons-07-032x032

03-03-2016, 06:41 PM
What do you need Elementals for that you can't accomplish yourself?
03-03-2016, 07:00 PM
(03-03-2016 06:41 PM)Itheblaze Wrote:  What do you need Elementals for that you can't accomplish yourself?

I, alone, cannot guard and protect my own circle whilst I perform my ritual magick...

Every "i" dotted, every "t" crossed...

03-03-2016, 07:41 PM
I don't understand the fear...but in any case until you get your fear under control its a bad idea to be attempting to contact anything. Its too easy to reach out to the wrong entity.

My best suggestion is learning to balance and use your own energy first. While my path isn't exactly like yours, I feel you will find in time that making a ritual circle is unnecessary{usually more symbolic}. If Im going to draw energy for something if its easy its just a thought, something complicated i visualize it, I don't really do spells.

"Studies Show...Intelligent girls are more depressed, because they know what the world is really like.....She knows in society she's either a Devil or an Angel with no in between. She speaks in the third person, so that she can forget that she's me." ~Emily Autumn
03-04-2016, 04:33 AM
(03-03-2016 06:25 PM)Wiccan_Goddess Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 05:01 AM)albie Wrote:  I doubt if anyone here has any experience in ritual magic. This place is dressed up as a paranormal site but it is really full of sceptics.

Thanks for your response, Albie. I actually had someone PM me to advise me on how to call upon higher level entities instead of calling upon the basic elementals.

I am grateful that this website exists, because I really want insight and knowledge into the wonderful yet intriguing world of witchcraft and Wicca.

Have you personally had any experience with calling the quarters, or anything having to do with witchcraft? If so, I'd love to hear (or in this case, read lol) your views, opinions and experiences with it.Icontexto-emoticons-07-032x032

OOps. Seems I underestimated this forum. Good luck with your magic. I delved in it and bad things happened(to other people) I didn't use rituals I just drew pictures, wrote names and places down on a piece of paper, made wishes. That sort of thing. I wouldn't advise anyone to use magic, unless it's healing magic. What use can you have for magic anyway?
03-04-2016, 06:14 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2016 07:07 AM by Fair_Luminary.)
You were right and wrong albie, most of the people who deal with magic/energy are no longer active. I think of the oldtimers its mostly just MaCan and myself left.
Also albie you casted magic and nothing bad happened/ came back through karma to you? By your own words...
http://www.talkparanormal.com/showthread.php?tid=19016

http://www.talkparanormal.com/showthread.php?tid=19289

"Studies Show...Intelligent girls are more depressed, because they know what the world is really like.....She knows in society she's either a Devil or an Angel with no in between. She speaks in the third person, so that she can forget that she's me." ~Emily Autumn
03-04-2016, 12:26 PM
I was really into paganism and wicca about 8 years ago, but I've toned it down to just the belief and perspective that every organism has a spirit. So, I don't feel the need to forcefully invoke anything or do any special rituals. I just let be.

I agree with Fair that if you are anxious and scared and not in the best of mind frame you should leave the elementals alone. If you are scared that your rituals are going to let in something negative, then you probably shouldn't be doing rituals. I've heard of too many bad things come out of this stuff by people who think they know what they are doing but don't actually know. They read stuff online, in books and take after what they've seen on T.V. and movies and think it's cool and powerful.
Personally, in reality, I find it boring and pointless and has no real affect on my life.
Now I pay attention to society and the earth's natural cycles and go from there. I've come to be familiar with when people are the most hostile. It's not when it's a full moon, but when the moon is waxing. I pay attention to what's happening in the world and environmental shifts. This is more relevant than trying to do fancy rituals and ceremonies and memorizing chants.

The hero is brave in deeds as well as words - Aesop

Please all, and you will please none - Aesop
03-04-2016, 06:17 PM
I want to thank Fair, Angel and everyone else for responding to my thread. Smile I was explaining to a poster that PMd me the other day about what my fear is specifically: I'm afraid of what I'm going to see and feel when the elemental is present in my circle. I know at first it's going to be creepy and weird because I'm going to feel and see something that I know is of the supernatural - it'll definitely be something new and completely different from anything I've ever experienced in my life.

I've been thinking about this since I last posted this thread...and, I'm going to relax and just feel at ease with allowing myself to see and feel each elemental that I call to, because I know that I have the ability to will it and command it to obey what I tell it to do - which is to guard and protect my circle.

I think as long as I have the confidence of knowing that I can control them, then I'll have nothing to fear and then I can concentrate on the ritual itself. I also know that once I become familiar with calling the quarters and properly banishing them and do it on a regular basis, I'll become more comfortable with the entire process as well as with the entities I'll see and feel. I just wish there was someone here that could tell me about the first time they did this so I can read about their experience! I'll let you guys know how it goes the next time I cast circle and everything else that happens after that. I'm excited about this, because once I become more adept at it, then I can do some healing rituals!