Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ghostly Image at Family Party
02-29-2016, 01:52 PM
Ghostly Image at Family Party
Hi. I have had a few things happen to me in my lifetime but nothing captured on film. They just happen and I just remember and am left wondering.

But last August I was at a family gathering and it was a good night. After Myself and Jane and our 5 kids got back around midnight Jane showed me these two photos she had taken only an hour before. The first is as it should have been. Its me playing guitar with my cousin singing next to me. The second photo is the same thing but taken one second later. Jane didnt like it at all. Both myself and the kids were a bit shocked. No one at that party was wearing black leggings and a hooped top and no one was walking past as I was playing.

Im glad in a way that at last everyone can see for themselves that freeky things really do happen. All the best Mikey Dee from Coventry in England

Photo: http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/MikeyD...g.html?o=0

Sorry about the adverts. Its a free hosting site. Just click the "next Arrow" to see the spooky one.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-29-2016, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 02-29-2016 02:22 PM by bigshow8891.)
RE: Ghostly Image at Family Party
It appears to be taken at 1/8 shutter speed, is that normal for that phone?

I've heard of Nokia phone cameras having the settings change after software updates
02-29-2016, 03:00 PM
(02-29-2016 02:16 PM)bigshow8891 Wrote:  It appears to be taken at 1/8 shutter speed, is that normal for that phone?

I've heard of Nokia phone cameras having the settings change after software updates

Yea - but how did an update / shutter speed generate this image ?
02-29-2016, 03:26 PM
(02-29-2016 03:00 PM)Mikey Dee Wrote:  
(02-29-2016 02:16 PM)bigshow8891 Wrote:  It appears to be taken at 1/8 shutter speed, is that normal for that phone?

Movement is slightly blurry at that speed, so if someone walked in front of the camera the "ghostly" effect would be expected...

However you claim that nobody there was wearing this type of outfit. Where exactly were you? Was it like a recital hall?
02-29-2016, 03:29 PM
(02-29-2016 03:26 PM)bigshow8891 Wrote:  
(02-29-2016 03:00 PM)Mikey Dee Wrote:  

Movement is slightly blurry at that speed, so if someone walked in front of the camera the "ghostly" effect would be expected...

However you claim that nobody there was wearing this type of outfit. Where exactly were you? Was it like a recital hall?
No. It was in a Marquee in my cousins back garden In Gibbets Hill near Kenilworth in the UK. It was a meeting of the whole family. Most people there had my own surname. It was just a big family "do". Most of us play or sing. But I asked my cousin to check if anyone was there wearing that top and leggings but she knew straight away there was no one there dressed like that.
02-29-2016, 03:36 PM
(02-29-2016 03:29 PM)Mikey Dee Wrote:  No. It was in a Marquee in my cousins back garden In Gibbets Hill near Kenilworth in the UK. It was a meeting of the whole family. Most people there had my own surname. It was just a big family "do". Most of us play or sing. But I asked my cousin to check if anyone was there wearing that top and leggings but she knew straight away there was no one there dressed like that.

Okay so you don't remember if there was someone there like that, but she is positive there wasn't? Has she checked all photos to see if she shows up again?

Gibbets Hill appears to be a place with frequent paranormal reports, you notice anything else weird there?
03-01-2016, 02:44 AM
HI. Nothing weird has happened at my cousins house. Just mine where I grew up in Kenilworth. My other cousin is a photographer and he (Jay) spent a good hour photographing everyone from a distance trying to get some good shots in while no one was looking and he has confirmed that no one there was dressed like that at all. I emailed Emma (my closest cousin) the next morning with the photos and her reply back was immediate... "Is that what I think its is ??" It just looks like someone walking at speed but they were not there. Whoever it is. But its nice that at last there is something tangible to see now instead of me just remembering things I saw. The house I grew up in was a lovely house. But every few months during my adolescent years, something "big" would kick off. It scared the crap out of me when it happened but as I have grown up I can see how rare these things are. Once I was practicing the piano in the lounge and a small one inch plastic football was uncomfortable in my black school trouser pocket so I put it on top of the piano. As I was practicing it just "flew" off the piano. It was as if someone came over and "flicked" it as hard as they could. I watched it land on the carpet 8 feet away from where I sat and watched it roll around until it came to rest. I was only about 12 and I just left the room. I was really freaked out. Have you had anything happen to you Bigshow ?
03-01-2016, 01:34 PM
(03-01-2016 02:44 AM)Mikey Dee Wrote:  HI. Nothing weird has happened at my cousins house. Just mine where I grew up in Kenilworth. My other cousin is a photographer and he (Jay) spent a good hour photographing everyone from a distance trying to get some good shots in while no one was looking and he has confirmed that no one there was dressed like that at all. I emailed Emma (my closest cousin) the next morning with the photos and her reply back was immediate... "Is that what I think its is ??" It just looks like someone walking at speed but they were not there. Whoever it is. But its nice that at last there is something tangible to see now instead of me just remembering things I saw. The house I grew up in was a lovely house. But every few months during my adolescent years, something "big" would kick off. It scared the crap out of me when it happened but as I have grown up I can see how rare these things are. Once I was practicing the piano in the lounge and a small one inch plastic football was uncomfortable in my black school trouser pocket so I put it on top of the piano. As I was practicing it just "flew" off the piano. It was as if someone came over and "flicked" it as hard as they could. I watched it land on the carpet 8 feet away from where I sat and watched it roll around until it came to rest. I was only about 12 and I just left the room. I was really freaked out. Have you had anything happen to you Bigshow ?

Yes I have the unexplained occur. It's part of why I am interested in studying the paranormal. The strangest stuff occurred in a town called Atchison in Kansas, a place that has a reputation for the paranormal. I have some EVP recordings from there that I might post soon.

So have you asked the cousin who owns the place where this party was about any strange activity recently? If the photo is showing evidence of paranormal activity then there should be, in theory, other occurrences in that area. Maybe you should try recording some EVP over there.
03-02-2016, 05:12 AM
(03-01-2016 01:34 PM)bigshow8891 Wrote:  
(03-01-2016 02:44 AM)Mikey Dee Wrote:  HI. Nothing weird has happened at my cousins house. Just mine where I grew up in Kenilworth. My other cousin is a photographer and he (Jay) spent a good hour photographing everyone from a distance trying to get some good shots in while no one was looking and he has confirmed that no one there was dressed like that at all. I emailed Emma (my closest cousin) the next morning with the photos and her reply back was immediate... "Is that what I think its is ??" It just looks like someone walking at speed but they were not there. Whoever it is. But its nice that at last there is something tangible to see now instead of me just remembering things I saw. The house I grew up in was a lovely house. But every few months during my adolescent years, something "big" would kick off. It scared the crap out of me when it happened but as I have grown up I can see how rare these things are. Once I was practicing the piano in the lounge and a small one inch plastic football was uncomfortable in my black school trouser pocket so I put it on top of the piano. As I was practicing it just "flew" off the piano. It was as if someone came over and "flicked" it as hard as they could. I watched it land on the carpet 8 feet away from where I sat and watched it roll around until it came to rest. I was only about 12 and I just left the room. I was really freaked out. Have you had anything happen to you Bigshow ?

Yes I have the unexplained occur. It's part of why I am interested in studying the paranormal. The strangest stuff occurred in a town called Atchison in Kansas, a place that has a reputation for the paranormal. I have some EVP recordings from there that I might post soon.

So have you asked the cousin who owns the place where this party was about any strange activity recently? If the photo is showing evidence of paranormal activity then there should be, in theory, other occurrences in that area. Maybe you should try recording some EVP over there.

Yes I will ask him. My eldest cousin Mark owns the house but nothing has been said to me about anything else there. I go with my family about once a year for a party of some kind or another.

I just looked up Atchison in Kansas and it has some great looking haunted houses and google does suggest that it is haunted. I dont know what to make of EVP recordings. They can be very unclear at best. I think I have accepted that these things cannot be made to happen on command and science will never be able to prove or disprove the paranormal, which is a shame as finding answers in these matters is so much a pert of being human. Animals dont seem to care - apart from dogs and cats. They seem to know exactly whats going on. If only they could talk !
03-03-2016, 01:44 PM
(03-01-2016 02:44 AM)Mikey Dee Wrote:  Yes I will ask him. My eldest cousin Mark owns the house but nothing has been said to me about anything else there. I go with my family about once a year for a party of some kind or another.

I just looked up Atchison in Kansas and it has some great looking haunted houses and google does suggest that it is haunted. I dont know what to make of EVP recordings. They can be very unclear at best. I think I have accepted that these things cannot be made to happen on command and science will never be able to prove or disprove the paranormal, which is a shame as finding answers in these matters is so much a pert of being human. Animals dont seem to care - apart from dogs and cats. They seem to know exactly whats going on. If only they could talk !

I am still in the process of analyzing my Atchison recordings and ruling out any contaminating noise. Trying to figure out what some of the common explanations for EVP would actually sound like on my recorder. I'm thinking of getting a baby monitor and having someone say stuff on it to see if the recorder can actually pick up noise from those. It's one of the theories that skeptics point to.

Let us know if there are further unusual occurrences in that area. If there are multiple instances of paranormal activity it may be worth doing an investigation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ghostly image in TV jax 8 1,788 12-26-2016 04:33 AM
Last Post: JAM.