Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Do You Think?
02-23-2016, 04:37 PM
What Do You Think?
Hello,

The attached photos were sent to me by my aunt who has claimed to be able to see ghosts since she was very young. The ghostly images were not seen with the naked eye. She sensed a presence in the room in the house she lives in, so she decided to just start shooting random photos with her camera phone. I have not found any evidence that the photos were tampered. One is a front facing ghost, and one is a profile shot. Maybe someone else can evaluate them and give some input?

I'm a believer in what we call "ghosts" or "poltergeists" but I also look for a reasonable explanation first. I'm not one to jump to conclusions that something is a ghost Smile

Just as a side note, the house my aunt and uncle live in sounds like it's very haunted, by the stories they tell me. Shadow figures, stuff flying around, keys missing and then reappearing, dogs barking violently at nothing, etc.

Thanks!

[Image: IMG_4776.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4773.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2016, 01:09 AM
RE: What Do You Think?
There is something very odd about the figure in the pics. Especially the profile one on the bottom. It almost looks like there was a pane of glass or plastic in front of the photographer. If this is real, then this would be the best photography of a spirit. But it looks very static and airbrushed.
Comparing the 2 face sizes, the bottom face looks huge and overly detailed. The lines are unnatural and thickly outlined. The monkey-arm smile line is too straight for that angle and too dark in front of that light. A spirit would disappear in light or block the whole light out if it's a dark mass.
In the top pic, the figure is straight up and down, but the photo was taken tilted.
I have to suggest that this is fake.

The hero is brave in deeds as well as words - Aesop

Please all, and you will please none - Aesop
02-24-2016, 07:17 AM
Post the original pictures with exif information intact. So many apps to fake pictures who the hell will believe any?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-K1MRR6IupgQ/Uv...amapp2.png

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
02-24-2016, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2016 08:43 AM by albie.)
They look too good to be true.
02-24-2016, 11:07 AM
(02-24-2016 08:43 AM)albie Wrote:  They look too good to be true.

That's what I thought, too. I have to say it's pretty darn good photo editing.

The hero is brave in deeds as well as words - Aesop

Please all, and you will please none - Aesop
02-24-2016, 06:01 PM
Not sure if it helps, but here is the metadata I could get:

Pic 1

File
File Type JPEG
File Type Extension jpg
MIME Type image/jpeg
Current IPTC Digest d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
Exif Byte Order Big-endian (Motorola, MM)
Image Width 450
Image Height 800
Encoding Process Baseline DCT, Huffman coding
Bits Per Sample 8
Color Components 3
Y Cb Cr Sub Sampling YCbCr4:2:0 (2 2)
JFIF
JFIF Version 1.01
Resolution Unit inches
X Resolution 72
Y Resolution 72
Photoshop
IPTC Digest d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
EXIF
Orientation Horizontal (normal)
Composite
Image Size 450x800
Megapixels 0.360

Photo 2

File
File Type JPEG
File Type Extension jpg
MIME Type image/jpeg
Current IPTC Digest d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
Exif Byte Order Big-endian (Motorola, MM)
Image Width 450
Image Height 800
Encoding Process Baseline DCT, Huffman coding
Bits Per Sample 8
Color Components 3
Y Cb Cr Sub Sampling YCbCr4:2:0 (2 2)
JFIF
JFIF Version 1.01
Resolution Unit inches
X Resolution 72
Y Resolution 72
Photoshop
IPTC Digest d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
EXIF
Orientation Horizontal (normal)
Composite
Image Size 450x800
Megapixels 0.360
02-24-2016, 06:09 PM
By the size it looks like an app as they are much smaller then a standard picture

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
02-24-2016, 06:24 PM
Someone likes to play with the opacity levels in layers in Photoshop.

[Image: space.gif]
02-25-2016, 11:40 AM
(02-24-2016 06:24 PM)Vultyrex Wrote:  Someone likes to play with the opacity levels in layers in Photoshop.

I know for a fact that photoshop was not used. I don't expect anyone to believe me, though. That's ok. Just wanted to hear what people who are believers in the paranormal had to say.
02-25-2016, 01:53 PM
(02-25-2016 11:40 AM)SeVeN Wrote:  I know for a fact that photoshop was not used. I don't expect anyone to believe me, though. That's ok. Just wanted to hear what people who are believers in the paranormal had to say.

They are interesting pics, and I don't know much about the metadata and what that proves but I do know this: If the location is truly haunted then you should be able to return this weekend and get more photos like this.

If I was you that's what I would do. Investigate this further, and bring a recorder for some EVP samples.