Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Excorsism of Emily Rose (3a.m)
So this movie is probably one of the scariest movies I have ever seen. Really anything to do with the devil or demons tends to have more of a scare factor for me. After watching The Excorsism of Emily Rose I had terrible nightmares and on more than one occasion woke up at precisely 3 a.m...and if you have seen the movie you know that 3 a.m is considered the Devils hour or witching hour. So basically alot of creepy stuff happens at that time. I was talking to my father about it years ago and he said that he experienced very similar occurances after watching that movie. He told me he woke up at 3 a.m many times feeling terrified, and my father isn't really a paranormal believer. My mom however does believe and refuses to talk about anything paranormal or watch anything to do with the devil or demons. As I have gotten older I tend to be more picky about movies I bring into my house. So anyways this past Christmas my cousin is over and we are talking about scary movies so of course The Excorsism of Emily Rose gets brought up. Low and behold she tells us she started waking up at 3a.m after watching it as well. Hmmm. Interesting. So logically thinking I have pretty much decided that it must have scared us psychologically and maybe we subconsciously woke ourselves up at that time? Eh who knows. So to end on a lighthearted note...one of the times my father woke up at 3a.m he said he sat straight up in the bed and that he was just literally too petrified to move when he noticed something was staring back at him. He told me this in great detail and laughing so hard he could barely get the words out. Meanwhile I'm listening like huh? How can waking up at 3 a.m with something staring at you be so hilarious? I'm sure you've guessed it...it was his own reflection distorted by the darkness of the room. We still laugh about that from time to time. : ) Anywhoo thanks for reading.
I can't tell you how many times I've awakened at the exact same time for several nights in a row. First of all, let me tell you that I can go to bed thinking, "Ok, I've got to wake up by 6 AM." Then I wake up at 5:55 or something. I can do it every time unless I'm sleep deprived. I sort of have an internal alarm clock. I'm don't think that's terribly rare as I've met other people that can do the same thing.

There have been several nights that I wake up at exactly the same time for no reason. I don't think I've done it for a week at a time, but I've definitely done it for 3 or 4 days in a row. No idea why, just happened.
-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE

Yep I have to be up by 5:45 most mornings and I usually wake up by 5. I think that's pretty normal to wake up before you know you have to. Plus I dislike alarms going off to wake me up for some reason, I think it makes me feel like I'm running late lol.
ANY time I know I have to be up at a certain hour, I ALWAYS wake up 5 minutes before my alarm goes off. Never fails. When I was a kid, after watching Amityville Horror (and no making fun, I was like 10), I was so afraid and I kept waking up at 3:15. I was convinced something was going on but obviously nothing was, it was just in my subconscious.
Oh and I think TEOER is one of the best films about possession I've ever seen.
(02-22-2016, 03:55 PM)Nix Wrote: So this movie is probably one of the scariest movies I have ever seen. Really anything to do with the devil or demons tends to have more of a scare factor for me. After watching The Excorsism of Emily Rose I had terrible nightmares and on more than one occasion woke up at precisely 3 a.m...and if you have seen the movie you know that 3 a.m is considered the Devils hour or witching hour. So basically alot of creepy stuff happens at that time. I was talking to my father about it years ago and he said that he experienced very similar occurances after watching that movie. He told me he woke up at 3 a.m many times feeling terrified, and my father isn't really a paranormal believer. My mom however does believe and refuses to talk about anything paranormal or watch anything to do with the devil or demons. As I have gotten older I tend to be more picky about movies I bring into my house. So anyways this past Christmas my cousin is over and we are talking about scary movies so of course The Excorsism of Emily Rose gets brought up. Low and behold she tells us she started waking up at 3a.m after watching it as well. Hmmm. Interesting. So logically thinking I have pretty much decided that it must have scared us psychologically and maybe we subconsciously woke ourselves up at that time? Eh who knows. So to end on a lighthearted note...one of the times my father woke up at 3a.m he said he sat straight up in the bed and that he was just literally too petrified to move when he noticed something was staring back at him. He told me this in great detail and laughing so hard he could barely get the words out. Meanwhile I'm listening like huh? How can waking up at 3 a.m with something staring at you be so hilarious? I'm sure you've guessed it...it was his own reflection distorted by the darkness of the room. We still laugh about that from time to time. : ) Anywhoo thanks for reading.

I really have to see this movie now lol
(02-22-2016, 03:55 PM)Nix Wrote: So this movie is probably one of the scariest movies I have ever seen. Really anything to do with the devil or demons tends to have more of a scare factor for me. After watching The Excorsism of Emily Rose I had terrible nightmares and on more than one occasion woke up at precisely 3 a.m...and if you have seen the movie you know that 3 a.m is considered the Devils hour or witching hour. So basically alot of creepy stuff happens at that time. I was talking to my father about it years ago and he said that he experienced very similar occurances after watching that movie. He told me he woke up at 3 a.m many times feeling terrified, and my father isn't really a paranormal believer. My mom however does believe and refuses to talk about anything paranormal or watch anything to do with the devil or demons. As I have gotten older I tend to be more picky about movies I bring into my house. So anyways this past Christmas my cousin is over and we are talking about scary movies so of course The Excorsism of Emily Rose gets brought up. Low and behold she tells us she started waking up at 3a.m after watching it as well. Hmmm. Interesting. So logically thinking I have pretty much decided that it must have scared us psychologically and maybe we subconsciously woke ourselves up at that time? Eh who knows. So to end on a lighthearted note...one of the times my father woke up at 3a.m he said he sat straight up in the bed and that he was just literally too petrified to move when he noticed something was staring back at him. He told me this in great detail and laughing so hard he could barely get the words out. Meanwhile I'm listening like huh? How can waking up at 3 a.m with something staring at you be so hilarious? I'm sure you've guessed it...it was his own reflection distorted by the darkness of the room. We still laugh about that from time to time. : ) Anywhoo thanks for reading.

i remember watching this movie with a girlfriend of mine about 10 years ago when it was in theaters. I just remember the demon was flying around really fast in the air and the girl in the barn who was yelling on the ground while the exorcist was doing his thing. there was another movie i watched recently about a witch that had killed herself or hung herself in a tree and every night at 3:07 am was when paranormal activity would happen, i forget the name of the movie but its been within past few years i think it came out
Don't think I've seen this movie. Then again, I tend to be critical of scary movies because of poor choices in dire situations that just end movies for me. Is it worth to watch?
[Image: space.gif]
(07-30-2016, 10:49 AM)Vultyrex Wrote: Don't think I've seen this movie. Then again, I tend to be critical of scary movies because of poor choices in dire situations that just end movies for me. Is it worth to watch?

I like scary movies and to me it was a good movie, but everyone has a different opinion of scary or what scares them.
I seldom become afraid during movies. I mean, nowadays, the only reason why I jump in the theaters is because of the sudden loud sounds during screen poppers.
[Image: space.gif]
Vulty the sound gets me too, i dont go to the theater much because it hurts my ears. That and from what I have lived horror movies tend to be funny to me. My one friend loves going to see paranormal horror movies{im more zombie obsessed} so i went with her to the conjuring 2? There were some good laughs for me, but there were a cople points i was "ow that was loud" i ended up with a headache but otherwise slept like a baby.

As for Exorcist, i cant remember it ever scaring me. Silent Hill{the video game} playing for hours on end and lacking proper sleep, that game got me and several friends back in the day, classic creepy. I will talk with people about it today and they will be "i didnt sleep for days".
"Studies Show...Intelligent girls are more depressed, because they know what the world is really like.....She knows in society she's either a Devil or an Angel with no in between. She speaks in the third person, so that she can forget that she's me." ~Emily Autumn

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exorsism of emily rose Charizardftw 5 2,517 12-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Charizardftw