Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Souls Do Not Exist
Our 'minds', 'souls', 'spirit' and consciousness are all physical in nature. Thousands of years of investigation has shown us that our brains comprise and produce our true selves, although because that for most of human history we have had no understanding of how our brains work most Humans have falsely believed inferred that we have souls. Souls and spirits do not exist. Our bodies run themselves. We know from cases of brain damage and the effects of psychoactive drugs, that our experiences are caused by physical chemistry acting on our physical neurones in our brains. Our innermost self is our biochemical self.
http://www.humantruth.info/souls.html
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
UnR I understand much is biological, but what of those who are "vegetables" their bodies live and function but they are lacking in what they once were. They are missing a vital essence. That special thing that made them who they were. We may just be a firing of cells, but something in that is undeniable us. Like when the light is gone from the eyes of the recently dead, something is gone.
"Studies Show...Intelligent girls are more depressed, because they know what the world is really like.....She knows in society she's either a Devil or an Angel with no in between. She speaks in the third person, so that she can forget that she's me." ~Emily Autumn
Electrical currents running through the body? Jolts that occur sometimes when you touch a door knob? or without the sun, all things will decay why?
(02-13-2016, 08:52 AM)UglyNRude Wrote: Our 'minds', 'souls', 'spirit' and consciousness are all physical in nature. Thousands of years of investigation has shown us that our brains comprise and produce our true selves, although because that for most of human history we have had no understanding of how our brains work most Humans have falsely believed inferred that we have souls. Souls and spirits do not exist. Our bodies run themselves. We know from cases of brain damage and the effects of psychoactive drugs, that our experiences are caused by physical chemistry acting on our physical neurones in our brains. Our innermost self is our biochemical self.
http://www.humantruth.info/souls.html

Ko enkrat obvladaš voditi telo in dušo, pomeni da si v fazi nadnaravnega fenomena ,ki se imenuje večno življenje, kar pa večina od vas ne bo še dolga stoletja osvojila ,ker imate blokado v človeški filozofiji - nerazviti možgani, za vodenje obeh, telesa in duše,zaenkrat vodite le telo.

Once you master to keep body and soul, means that at the stage of supernatural phenomenon, which is called eternal life, which most of you will not have for centuries conquered because you lock in human philosophy - developed brain, for keeping both the body and soul, yet keep a body only.

In the Jewish faith there are two souls. In the Kabbalah, between 3 & 5, depending upon who your teacher is. The Egyptians believed the soul was made of 5 parts too, I seem to remember.
So maybe we need to decide what a soul is before we answer.
Several years ago some scientists conducted some experiments based around the double slit experiment which showed that more than sub atomic partials behave as we expect them to. These experiments showed that much larger particles could display similar behaviour. And this has big implications for both science & religion.
Belief, even in a possibility, changes the evidence.
Everything we see, feel, experience, could just be in our mind & that suggests our mind is beyond the real world around us. It suggests that we are more than current science accepts.
We all believe in something greater than ourselves. Even if it's just the blind forces of chance. Ambassador G'Kar.
(12-01-2016, 01:14 PM)Janus Wrote: >snip<
Several years ago some scientists conducted some experiments based around the double slit experiment which showed that more than sub atomic partials behave as we expect them to. These experiments showed that much larger particles could display similar behaviour. And this has big implications for both science & religion.
Everything we see, feel, experience, could just be in our mind & that suggests our mind is beyond the real world around us. It suggests that we are more than current science accepts.

They have repeated the double slit experiment with the same results for particle beams up to the size of small molecules. The model accepted in the past had been that reality changes depending on observation, but understand that this was only a model based on what happens, not a scientific belief in reality.

But you are correct, in that we do not have a good theory of what reality actually is. You might have read several recent news articles that physicists are exploring the possibility that reality is actual something similar to the depiction in "The Matrix" movies or that our reality might be a holographic four dimensional image projected on three dimensions.

The thing is, we don't have a good theory that explains how and why matter exists at the most fundamental level. It is possible that we will never have a good theory and, in fact, it might be possible that we don't have adequate intelligence to ever understand.
-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE

For me the interesting part is that areas of science are debunking religion, which the faithful hate. Yet other areas are starting to suggest that they are right & that we are more than just a physical being. Which they also hate. Presumably because it is not proving god, or heaven or the soul exists. But that the universe & our existence is bigger & greater than we can possibly ever understand or explain away via religion.
Could it be that the Soul does exist & that religions are limiting our ability to understand it, because we are stuck with a pre scientific view of what it is, or could be?
We all believe in something greater than ourselves. Even if it's just the blind forces of chance. Ambassador G'Kar.
(12-01-2016, 01:14 PM)Janus Wrote: In the Jewish faith there are two souls. In the Kabbalah, between 3 & 5, depending upon who your teacher is. The Egyptians believed the soul was made of 5 parts too, I seem to remember.
So maybe we need to decide what a soul is before we answer.

theory does not hold water!

teorija ki ne drži vode !

(12-01-2016, 03:37 PM)Janus Wrote: For me the interesting part is that areas of science are debunking religion, which the faithful hate. Yet other areas are starting to suggest that they are right & that we are more than just a physical being. Which they also hate. Presumably because it is not proving god, or heaven or the soul exists. But that the universe & our existence is bigger & greater than we can possibly ever understand or explain away via religion.
Could it be that the Soul does exist & that religions are limiting our ability to understand it, because we are stuck with a pre scientific view of what it is, or could be?

Space is not conquering religion!
The soul of man works only to the area tratosfere.

Vesolje se ne osvaja z religijo !
Duša človeka deluje samo do območja tratosfere.
Everybody could do experiments they demonstrate the existence of spirituality. See astral and mental traveling, magick evocation and some others. Only it needed a little courage and patience.
what can i say. its very interesting all who have post, and i mean the views. All i can say its that i know for certain that ghost souls and other forms of enitites exist in this universe.
IF i had not feel and seen it i would agree with the first post.
but a non believer and a narrowed point of view might come to he conclusion that souls wont exist in spite of some proven facts to date. but i must bring to you attention that many times people where wrong and many times they believe it could not be possible until it was proven possible. For example if you go 10 000 years and back till the beginning of the 20 century people believed that flight could not be possible on our scale today.
Another argument is that energy is everywhere on a atomic level. so i must assume that our body develops a spirit or it is given one when the are in the belly of a pregnant woman. it take time to develop it. Another thing is that i seen souls, angels and demons and i felt different things.
i am not on medicine and the doctors say i am ok. maybe a non beliver would quickly spray me with an undiagnosed problem .

what about teleportation, do you belive it can be possible in the next century ? i believe it could be possible if we maintain this trend of revolution in information, knowledge and other scientific areas. and if we would avoid a world war 3 of course. that will ruin our evolution.