Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How things work
02-06-2016, 05:27 PM
How things work
This isn't meant to be a debate thread, more of a brainstorming thread. I write, and science is my foundation, but not my roof, so while I don't necessarily limit myself, I like to explore the fantastic possibilities within the known laws of this universe. That applies to the magic system of my fictional world. How exactly would certain magical/psychic skills and principles work, namely auras, forcefields, telekinesis, pyrokinesis, and accelerated cellular regeneration? What would be the physics behind repelling heat or projectiles, lifting or bending objects, creating fire from thin air, or maintaing control of the flame? What would be any biological requirements or limitations? How much heat could be repelled or absorbed? How fast can we heal? Where would the energy come from? Could food supply it all, or could heat or light be absorbed? I know this is all largely hypothetical and untested, and I'll probably stretch a few things, but I'd just like something to work with. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2016, 01:41 PM
RE: How things work
Ok, what i am going to explain comes from my understand or experience with Energy work and magic. for some people, their experiences and understanding are going to be different and what i am about to say might even contradict their belief of what is and isn't possible.

First off you asked this:
Quote: I like to explore the fantastic possibilities within the known laws of this universe. That applies to the magic system of my fictional world. How exactly would certain magical/psychic skills and principles work, namely auras, forcefields, telekinesis, pyrokinesis, and accelerated cellular regeneration? What would be the physics behind repelling heat or projectiles, lifting or bending objects, creating fire from thin air, or maintaing control of the flame? What would be any biological requirements or limitations? How much heat could be repelled or absorbed? How fast can we heal? Where would the energy come from? Could food supply it all, or could heat or light be absorbed?

being honest, you are asking us to explain how superpowers would work in real world physics. and to be clear, of anyone i have SEEN with legit telekinetic ability couldn't do much more than make an aluminum mt dew can roll across a table. so people lifting a car with their mind or stopping a bullet is pretty much what i would associate with God Level stuff.

Other than that, let me break down what you asked and how I understand it working or not working IRL.

Auras: Auras are a VERY debated subject, some people describe them as visible things they see, others can sense them.

even then it doesn't describe what they are, and for skeptics (people who want proof or at least a SOLID reason they can't see them), that doesn't even give them anything to work with. SO lets talk about that, and i will keep stating, this is my understanding, it might be different for other people and i might even be wrong about what I am writing.

Auras, to people who can see them, can explain far more about the person they are attached to or coming off of than even a 5 minute conversation could. Empaths often list one of the things they see or sense from people are auras. They can change if a person is lying or when a person is experiencing emotions. Auras are a non physical expression of your mind body and soul. Its quite easily one of the most complex things to attempt to describe, as nobody can pinpoint a primary function of them. and its really a hornets nest to try to figure out.

I have found ways to track someones aura, but at the same time i have to be familiar with the person to know their unique frequency from someone elses. And its not like i can actually track my friend to an exact location, its more: "oh, i know this energy! Bob was messing around with stuff here!" and then i call them on the phone and see what they were up to.

Moving on: Force Fields. Ok so the Invisible Woman from the Fantastic 4 can create force fields right? That level stuff really isn't possible for even a top level energy worker. anything you see in comics or movies should be viewed with HUGE grains of salt.

but anyway, as far as i have used them, they are more of a... spiritual thing. Barriers are a more accurate term for them, and when i was taught how to make one, i was told to envision something that i would accept as "Safe" and for some people i have heard that what made them feel protected was a containment suit. I personally went for a simple bubble like barrier around me.

i was also instructed that it had to be silvery blue as those are the colors of protection. (never really questioned it).

These barriers can't stop a physical attack, like being shot or someone hitting you with a car. heck depending on your strength and whatever is attacking you, your barriers might only lessen the spiritual based attack. most people are smart enough to NOT make enemies, others (like me), just have to walk outside minding their own business for something to try to attack them.

and to be honest, people have said to me, you must have done SOMETHING to make them mad, and I always laugh and go, do you want me to list their reasons chronologically, Alphabetically, or by frequency?

and i mean i have had an entity attack me when i was driving through a town, which i assume was its territory.

So in real world terms, Force fields are not as impressive as they are in comics or movies.

Like as i look at like most of this stuff you listen I am literally going: these aren't even possible if 500 people focused their energy to move a truck or start a fire. like if ONE person has the ability to snuff a candle or match, that is pretty impressive in and of its self. starting one is even harder at that.

like, i have messed with my friends who live in Australia, and even then it was just sensory manipulation (using my energy to poke them in the arm or something). but yeah even I don't have the control or energy output to light a candle.

out of 1 million people, you might get 300,000 that can tell if someone is upset just from their emotions or aura and that is without talking to them.

of those 300,000, you might get 150,000 that can manipulate the energy in a room and have someone notice it.

of that 150,000 there might be 30,000 that can clean an object. as in removing negative energy.

of those people, there might be 500 or so who can wield enough energy to mess with people outside of their town or local area.

of those 500, maybe 2 or 3 can light a candle or match with just their will. then again there is no real way to know how many people can access energy besides asking them and taking their word for it unless YOU yourself can sense them using it.
03-18-2016, 01:51 PM
Laws of physics and thermodynamics play a role in magic. Matter cannot be created nor destroyed. Therefore, it is ridiculous and impossible to create something out of nothing. In order to produce magical effects, you need to acquire the equal amount of energy to unleash said magical energy.

Auras was mentioned. If you read up how light travels in a straight line and how they interact with solid objects, you'll soon figure out what we perceive auras to be explainable light effect. Color absorption and rejection seem to be a high point in aura practices which in my humble opinion means nothing. It's based on a set of variables that would take some time to explain how light works.

[Image: space.gif]
03-18-2016, 01:56 PM
(03-18-2016 01:51 PM)Vultyrex Wrote:  Auras was mentioned. If you read up how light travels in a straight line and how they interact with solid objects, you'll soon figure out what we perceive auras to be explainable light effect. Color absorption and rejection seem to be a high point in aura practices which in my humble opinion means nothing. It's based on a set of variables that would take some time to explain how light works.

That only can be attributed to people who claim to see auras.

I can't "see" auras, I only sense them, so your description doesn't really fit what i experience when interacting with another person. by all means if i could see them, it would be different, but i have never had a visual cue in my eyes about someone producing light. in fact, 90% of the time, i sense the person before i actually see them.
03-18-2016, 02:10 PM
[Image: The-Electromagnetic-Spectrum.jpg]

The visible light spectrum is only a small portion of the entire spectrum that we know of today. Our presence is absolutely saturated with the light spectrum with all the waves penetrating or bouncing. So you aren't able to see the the aura within the visible light aspect but much 'feel' and 'sense' them. So to this effect, that auras also operate outside the visible light spectrum.

I believe I have a theory why it is so different from one another. We each are an individual. So individual that we are all are differently attuned to a certain spectrum range we can acknowledge to. That's just auras. Other things require more research to explain.

[Image: space.gif]
03-18-2016, 05:02 PM
Im not sure on your statistics but I think teaching people to clean an object{or space} is easy? I mean it takes practice to learn but that and shielding are the easiest I thought? Sensing Auras and knowing how others felt I thought was more difficult{from personal experience}

Overall I agree with your descriptions, sensing is hard to explain. Though you had posted earlier a way I like to think of it, like a wind. Sometimes like two great winds canceling eachother out others like a ripple in water or a whispering breath in your mind.

"Studies Show...Intelligent girls are more depressed, because they know what the world is really like.....She knows in society she's either a Devil or an Angel with no in between. She speaks in the third person, so that she can forget that she's me." ~Emily Autumn
03-18-2016, 05:19 PM
I have ran into more people that can feel emotion and sense auras as a natural thing. like i have a two friends who have NO skill or talent in any sort of shielding or energy projection, but naturally feel energy.

also my statistics are NOT EVEN CLOSE to being realistic, i was just throwing them out as an example of how rare it is for someone to have the ability to light a candle with their mind/energy.

like i will admit that the numbers were just thrown out there up until the last two examples. i have literally only met three people (and i have traveled alot of places) that could push their energy to my house from theirs. and those people i was lucky to meet because we met at a psychic fair and stayed in contact afterwords.
03-18-2016, 05:45 PM
That's weird, or maybe I am? shielding is the easiest thing for me. I have a good sense for entities and those under my protection, but its more bleh for everyone else unless the person is really putting off energy. But Im willing to admit it may be my own fault as Ive been told Im very shielded, its hard for people to draw tarot or runes for me among other things.

If Ive met a person physically I can effect the energy, but Im not sure what you mean fully. Im not lighting candles but I did cut a energy vampire off from draining another persons energy. They were probably an hour away drive time? Definitely exhausting, but it was instant.

"Studies Show...Intelligent girls are more depressed, because they know what the world is really like.....She knows in society she's either a Devil or an Angel with no in between. She speaks in the third person, so that she can forget that she's me." ~Emily Autumn
03-18-2016, 05:56 PM
(03-18-2016 05:45 PM)Fair_Luminary Wrote:  If Ive met a person physically I can effect the energy, but Im not sure what you mean fully. Im not lighting candles but I did cut a energy vampire off from draining another persons energy. They were probably an hour away drive time? Definitely exhausting, but it was instant.

honestly i look at it this way, the chances of meeting someone who can extend their energy beyond line of sight is rare unless you are in a place were people like us meet and mingle, this forum for example. its what i use to talk to people like me in between ren-fairs and psychic fairs.

I joined expecting to find at least 3-4 people like me. and i would assume you might have joined under similar reasons. Not that everyone on this board believes in what we believe, and that is just as well for me. People come here looking for natural answers before people like us step in and take a swing at the situation.
03-18-2016, 06:51 PM
Well unless ChaosRose is doing a fly by right now, shes the only one active other then MaCan{I think} that I consider like me on the site.

Maybe my old job was weird but there were like a dozen people who identified as "Wiccan" and there were others that were definitely sensitive, and others that were into a more specialized path like myself. The one lady would say she was Wiccan just so she wouldn't have to explain her path it was a unique form following Egyptian ways. I feel for her when I am asked to explain my path Smile. At one point about 1/10th the place was "energy users". Though there were only like 3-4 that had anything worthwhile. Im still debating on it but there are 3 people in the area that I could maybe use as teachers. But Im faced with the fact all I am is what I learned myself and I have held that if its something I should be I should be able to find it myself.