Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Is Your Best Shadow Person/ Hat Man Experience?
01-31-2016, 05:54 PM
What Is Your Best Shadow Person/ Hat Man Experience?
So many people nowadays talk about seeing shadow figures and/or "the Hat Man". Most often it is just a quick glance in the corner of the eye and not too substantial. I am curios if anyone has a really detailed shadow person experience or even repetitive ones.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2016, 05:55 PM
RE: What Is Your Best Shadow Person/ Hat Man Experience?
I haven't seen this but I am fascinated by the shadow person/ Hat Man phenomena. In accounts the shadows seem to range from being small figures to huge human shapes. I like to think they're just regular spirits in some sort of half manifested form, but most people seem to have pretty negative encounters with them. The Hat Man is a whole other fear in my head. I don't know why the addition of a hat makes it that much more terrifying, but maybe it's because it's very specific and numerous people have encountered it.

I'd love to hear about experiences! I think there are a couple other threads about this so I'm going to check them out too.
02-20-2016, 10:07 AM
In our experience, Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia has the highest concentration of shadow people in one location that we've encountered.
03-01-2016, 08:29 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2016 08:54 AM by UglyNRude.)
(01-31-2016 05:54 PM)JesseHoward Wrote:  So many people nowadays talk about seeing shadow figures and/or "the Hat Man". Most often it is just a quick glance in the corner of the eye and not too substantial. I am curios if anyone has a really detailed shadow person experience or even repetitive ones.

Thanks!

I have had 2 very vivid incidents with a "hat man" but not the traditional type of experience. Also along with those I have recurring "shadow people" in my life, for a run down on that
Back to the "Hat Man", firstly I live in a small town, where everyone knows everyone so this wasn't likely just a creep in the "right place at the right time".

The first time I was 8 my cousin was 10, we were at my grandmothers house playing with lego block in the spare room (play room for us when we were over), which is on the ground floor and has a very large window. We were both just playing away minding our own business when we both had an uneasy feeling come over us, we were back on to the window. We both turned at once and saw a man dressed in old Victorian style clothes, vest and long coat and a top hat, his face was not visible (it was night and no light on the outside of the house around the window to illuminate him any good). We screamed and he simply tipped his hat in a way I will never forget, and walked away out of the sight across the back yard. My father rushed in to our scream and ran outside to get the man "creeping" on us, but couldn't find anyone.

The second time was many years later, I was in high school, maybe 15 or 16 years old. me and my girlfriend were walking home at night from a friends place, it was maybe 9-10 at night, and we heard foot steps behind us, not like our sneakers, but solid "dress shoe" clops on the pavement behind us. **I would also like to note I have never told my girlfriend about the experience at my grandmothers at this point** We looked back and despite how long ago the last time I was him was I knew right away it was the same "man" from that night 8 years prior. I picked up my pace a little and so did my girlfriend, as we were just a few houses away from her driveway. Without appearing to quicken his pace we never managed to create any extra distance between us, we got to her driveway and broke into a run. Her father was on the front porch having a smoke, and he asked us what was wrong, and just as the words came out of his mouth he also saw the "man" now standing at the bottom of the driveway. He started towards the man shouting "what do you want" but the man simply gave the tip of his hat just like before and started walking away, by the time her father reached the end of the driveway the "man" was nowhere to be seen.

I am now 27, and the was the last time I have ever seen the "man in the hat", however as mentioned in my other post I linked above, along with some other things that have happened, activity seems to follow me.

I am a skeptic but I like to keep an open mind, so I use the word activity, simply because I don't know how else to explain it at this point. I'm starting to doubt my skeptic status. I'm not so sure it is the same "entity" as the actual "man in the hat 'Shadow figure'" so many people report, but it scared the hell out me and still does to this day, I get worked up just recalling it to write this post.
03-17-2016, 10:02 PM
1996 January. county road 37, i was in a desert kinda like death valley kind of desert, i was unconscious at the time and this is where i met him. it took me a long time to interpret what just happened when i woke up at the hospital. the scar on the top left of my lip still remains as a reminder.

oh yes, i remember the cowboy hat this guy was wearing, although i don't remember what he told me. so all i remember is only how i got there.

this is the scar i mentioned in my books.

Do not make deals with the orca in your bed...
03-21-2016, 05:52 AM
My first and only encounter with a shadow person what I'd rather call negative energy. (NOT evil)!

Me and my brother was on vaccation in England, we shared a small hotel room. I had the big bed and he the small one =)

During one night I couldn't fall a sleep, my brother is a LOUD snorer.

But finally I began falling a sleep but then I became aware in my sleeping body and began experiencing the stages to an oobe.
Then in all of this I felt I wasn't alone in the room, and it sort of pissed me off.

I rose up out of my body, I looked back and saw my physical body sleeping in the bed, I was sort of sitting up so my lower half was still in my body.

Then I saw this "shadow person" above my brother, staring at him, I yelled at this shadow "get away from him".
It moved his head and looked at me, I got more pissed, I saw my belly (astral belly) light up in flashes of light and I bolted straight at that thing, grabbed it and we flew cross the walls.

It felt like mild cotton almost, smooth, it was cold to the touch but not ice cold.
Then I suppose my spirit guide snapped me back into my body since I'm not alowed out anymore. (this might be one of the reasons.)

I didn't say anything to my brother, but in the morning he said he had a horrible dream, like someone was sitting on him staring him in the face.

Then I said what had happened, and he only laughed it off.

I told him to be careful, that yes this might have been an entity in the hotel, but he must have attracted it to him, I told him to meditate and clean his auras/chakras. But he was just like "whatever".
09-23-2016, 03:03 PM
Heya,

The most fearful one was when i tried to leave the kitchen one day and the shadow man standing what seems like over 6 foot tall was stood infront of the door and i couldn't leave. I really dont remember what happend after that all i remember is the fear i felt.
The first time i saw him though i was roughly 7 years of age, i was sat in the dining room stroking my springer spaniel i had at the time, and i saw this black shadow figure again 6 foot tall with the hat walk past the door and the dog saw him as well. Me being a terrified child screamed for my sister and we searched the whole house for a man.. thinking it was a robber of course. But that night i saw him in the doorway i just knew it was him from before.

My mum always used to freak out when i told her these stories of me seeing him when i was a child, and when i was old enough not to freak out she told me she saw the hooded man in her bedroom in her 20's he opened the door which i know is unusual for shadow people and just stood and starred at her. She has slept with the light on since then and she is in her 50's now. She is very sensitive to many spirits just like me which is another reason she chooses to sleep with the light on. Being a nurse i dont think helps either.

I was amazed that when i googled it i found out that they were called shadow people even more shocked when i saw the two hand drawn pictures online the hooded one my mother saw and the hatman i saw, absolutely unbelievable to know people have experienced the same thing.

Anyway i dont' know if its just fear of the unknown that scared me at the time and if they are so say "evil" or not
Who knows..no one can say for sure. They are definitely curious i know that much...
09-23-2016, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2016 04:44 PM by Skye.)
I had one shadow person experience. It was as tall as a person but sort of a black blob. It sort of had a head and a round body. It was the day after I had a tooth implant (this may have something to do with it I admit). I woke up early the next morning after my tooth implant to get something to eat from the kitchen. Walking back to my room through the living room, I saw something moving in my dad's bedroom. A dark form. I thought what was that? That can't be my dad. So I backed up and looked into my dad's room. This black shadowy looking person was now standing there facing me. It wasn't my dad. There was enough light to see. Besides my dad walks with a walker and wouldn't be standing or walking upright in his room. I just stared at it. It seemed to just stare back at me although there was no face. So I just thought I didn't want to look at this thing anymore so I went to my room and shut my door and got on my computer. And I kept thinking 'I hope it doesn't come into my room'. That was it. When I told my brother about it, he said 'why didn't you freak out! why didn't you go into the room to see what it was!". I don't know why. My house is a bit strange anyway. All kinds of things have happened in it. But that's my experience with a shadow person.

BTW, I wasn't seeing my shadow (I'm not a big blob for one thing). The angle of the light was wrong. I tried doing the same thing on subsequent mornings at the same time, but I never got a shadow of myself.
12-13-2016, 12:58 PM
(01-31-2016 05:54 PM)JesseHoward Wrote:  I am curios if anyone has a really detailed shadow person experience or even repetitive ones.

I have recently been having shadow people experiences, although the main one is only the size of a cat. I first saw him when I was doing school work, and thought it was my cat, but it wasn't. I've seen it a lot afterwards, but not within the past few days. It's never been malicious, and, assuming that it acts like a cat as well as looks like one, has actually been quite friendly.

I have never really looked at it, only through glances and the corner of my eyes, but it's there. Surprisingly, I've come to like it. I'm confused as to why, and am slightly worried I haven't seen it lately. I think I kinda miss it.

I have "seen" a person, although I am not sure he counts as a shadow person, and am not familiar with the hat man term. My baby sister was looking somewhere and when I looked, I saw a man wearing clothes from an older timeline, as if he was from victorian London or something. He had the full garb, from the fancy shoes to the top hat. I could see him clearly, as if he were real and tangible, but I also couldn't see him. Kind of like how ghosts in movies are see-through, but not really. I ran out. He was just sitting there. He nodded at me and I ran. Days later, watching Supernatural, I saw him again, also just sitting there, this time on the couch opposite me. This time he more human, or animated or something, because I could really see him. He sat up and walked off after I noticed him. After he had gone up the stairs he looked at me, but instead of nodding like he did the last time, he glared at me. My exact response was, "dadgum you Casper! I have a pentagram!" And I showed him my necklace. He left and I haven't seen him since. I really don't think he was friendly. I also have no idea why I said what I did.. I'm very shy to strangers, and so I should have been mortified. I have kept salt by my bed though, just in case.

-Reid.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes.
12-14-2016, 04:04 AM
(03-01-2016 08:29 AM)Amidamaru717 Wrote:  
(01-31-2016 05:54 PM)JesseHoward Wrote:  So many people nowadays talk about seeing shadow figures and/or "the Hat Man". Most often it is just a quick glance in the corner of the eye and not too substantial. I am curios if anyone has a really detailed shadow person experience or even repetitive ones.

Thanks!

I have had 2 very vivid incidents with a "hat man" but not the traditional type of experience. Also along with those I have recurring "shadow people" in my life, for a run down on that
Back to the "Hat Man", firstly I live in a small town, where everyone knows everyone so this wasn't likely just a creep in the "right place at the right time".

The first time I was 8 my cousin was 10, we were at my grandmothers house playing with lego block in the spare room (play room for us when we were over), which is on the ground floor and has a very large window. We were both just playing away minding our own business when we both had an uneasy feeling come over us, we were back on to the window. We both turned at once and saw a man dressed in old Victorian style clothes, vest and long coat and a top hat, his face was not visible (it was night and no light on the outside of the house around the window to illuminate him any good). We screamed and he simply tipped his hat in a way I will never forget, and walked away out of the sight across the back yard. My father rushed in to our scream and ran outside to get the man "creeping" on us, but couldn't find anyone.

The second time was many years later, I was in high school, maybe 15 or 16 years old. me and my girlfriend were walking home at night from a friends place, it was maybe 9-10 at night, and we heard foot steps behind us, not like our sneakers, but solid "dress shoe" clops on the pavement behind us. **I would also like to note I have never told my girlfriend about the experience at my grandmothers at this point** We looked back and despite how long ago the last time I was him was I knew right away it was the same "man" from that night 8 years prior. I picked up my pace a little and so did my girlfriend, as we were just a few houses away from her driveway. Without appearing to quicken his pace we never managed to create any extra distance between us, we got to her driveway and broke into a run. Her father was on the front porch having a smoke, and he asked us what was wrong, and just as the words came out of his mouth he also saw the "man" now standing at the bottom of the driveway. He started towards the man shouting "what do you want" but the man simply gave the tip of his hat just like before and started walking away, by the time her father reached the end of the driveway the "man" was nowhere to be seen.

I am now 27, and the was the last time I have ever seen the "man in the hat", however as mentioned in my other post I linked above, along with some other things that have happened, activity seems to follow me.

I am a skeptic but I like to keep an open mind, so I use the word activity, simply because I don't know how else to explain it at this point. I'm starting to doubt my skeptic status. I'm not so sure it is the same "entity" as the actual "man in the hat 'Shadow figure'" so many people report, but it scared the hell out me and still does to this day, I get worked up just recalling it to write this post.

Remember that ghosts do not have clothes or hat!
This is what you see as a hat might horns and shadow is just a set of various energies that are improperly hardened and all indications are that this is for the newly created demon, half-human and part animal energy, which slowly degrades.

The afterlife is not clothes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Shadow Person in my bedroom! Mikayla 11 1,638 08-19-2017 02:54 PM
Last Post: kclady48
  Shadow Person Seen In Creek Bed cgerke 0 706 11-08-2016 12:24 PM
Last Post: cgerke
  I keep seeing a shadow person elleluvsu 5 1,449 09-23-2016 02:10 PM
Last Post: Rose
  Shadow demon/person! theblackestshadow 0 1,185 01-04-2016 07:38 PM