Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building on a fairy fort on Ireland
Bad luck is sure to befall a US company if it builds a new factory over a fairyfort in Ireland, warns a traditional Irish lore keeper.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/news-myst...ent-020515
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
I wish that new company good luck.
[Image: space.gif]
Ancient Origins is usually good for an interesting read. Before people write off some of the old folklore as being superstitious nonsense consider that some of it arose from prehistoric or lost custom that had a purpose. Fairy rings in mushrooms, for example, have been linked to toxic spores that can cause psysiological or allergic reactions like those of black mold found in houses today.
-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE

Ok lets strip off the whole fairy part of this.

That ring is beautiful, ok yes others have held up over the centuries better but I see no reason it needs to be destroyed.

I forget the town now but its East Coast USA. Anyway they unearthed an old trash dump and are treating it as a historical site. They have found discarded/Broken ship pieces and other broken items and have stopped construction of the building that was going in. How is it a trash pile is considered more important then preserving an bronze age site?

Our world is jacked.....
"Studies Show...Intelligent girls are more depressed, because they know what the world is really like.....She knows in society she's either a Devil or an Angel with no in between. She speaks in the third person, so that she can forget that she's me." ~Emily Autumn
It's a beautiful, historical site that, I don't believe, the U.S. should have any business in mucking up.
I'm pretty superstitious, myself, but if it's not fairies that this company will have to worry about, then it will be those that are heavily protective of Irish myth and heritage.
The hero is brave in deeds as well as words - Aesop

Please all, and you will please none - Aesop