Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bigfoot map shows where to look or does it?
12-21-2015, 06:00 AM
Bigfoot map shows where to look or does it?
This is actually sad when you look at all the claims. Kind of like when we hear so many reports of ghosts can't be wrong.
I suggest anyone who wants to believe in bigfoot take time to read a few hundred reports of sightings.
http://www.livescience.com/39785-bigfoot...0478646760

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2016, 02:53 PM
RE: Bigfoot map shows where to look or does it?
I'm that guy UNR. I have read hundreds of reports. I have seen hundreds of videos and heard hundreds of alleged sounds all claiming to be evidence of Bigfoot. And after all of that garbage I do still believe that there is a being out there. Overall I'd be lying if I did not admit that well into 70%+ are obviously fake, hoaxed, or ridiculous tom-foolery. And (though I don't profess any expertise) I'd judge another 10%+ to be erroneous, inconclusive or just plain wrong.

This leaves 20% that I can't explain. So just to be a good sport, let's say I'm wrong and half (50%) of the difference can be explained in some way. If I apply this to the approximately 500 accounts I have reviewed there are 50 of those that I still cannot explain. This lets alone any physical evidence that has indeed been chronicled over the years. In any case this would never be enough to cling to a belief in these creatures on my part except when I look at all of the evidence together: physical, sound, video, witness, photo, tribal legend, and my own experiences. When I consider all of this it sure looks to me like there is something there worth exploring.

Personally I'm at 85% certainty that there is a being that has either hid or being hidden from we (regular) humans.

Practically every historic North American tribe has a name for a similar being:
http://www.ontariosasquatch.com/#/us-nam...4522694944
I grant you that most cultures have a name for the boogey-man too. The difference is that there is no general consensus for what the boogey-man looks like , etc., etc.

Not only do native accounts go back many years, colonial accounts seem to pick up where the natives leave off:
http://www.bigfootencounters.com/legends/seeahtik.htm

There are numerous examples that predate the Patterson-Gimlan accounts.

Thanks for reading.
01-19-2016, 11:35 PM
I realize nothing is infallible but I find this interestng:

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Before you take any decision, consider its effect on the next seven generations.
01-20-2016, 12:47 AM
^^ Worth 1000 is a contest site for manipulated photos?
01-20-2016, 12:55 AM
Ahhh yes a photo from a hoax photo contest. An elk hanging by the rear quarters with a head added. Read the picture worth 1000 The site is for posting fake images and this one was called “Bagged” and was done by Kryptomaniacle. In the contest Monster Hoaxes 6 it placed 16th out of 28 entries. The image was originally done as an April Fools joke and no hoax was intended. How could anyone take this seriously. Easy to research
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/671446/bagged

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
01-20-2016, 06:59 AM
Wow, thanks for setting that straight. It's a little embarrassing but I admit To be taken by some of these. I will take more time to do better research before posting photos I'm really not sure about. It still stings a little but I'll get over it...

Before you take any decision, consider its effect on the next seven generations.