Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Odd selfie - Check window
11-23-2015, 10:55 PM
Odd selfie - Check window
Greetings. So this is my first time posting. I thought it would be interesting.

So one night in September I'm walking my dog and I feel the need to take a selfie. I remember seeing something move past my peripheral vision but I thought nothing of it. So I take the photo. The image took roughly 8 seconds to process. An iPhone 4 usually takes less than a second so I found this to be odd.

When viewing, I noticed the shape of something above the second half of the window. The houses in the neighborhood have identical specs. That window is approx. 6 ft. by 3 ft. If what I see is a blueish face with eyes angled towards me, that would be quite the impressive image. I have no reason to suspect that its a reflection for no light was projected. Also the blinds were down so nothing was "looking out" from within that room. Anyone have any ideas? Scientific or spiritual I don't care either way.

[Image: ?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=15...amp;part=2]

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: Odd selfie - Check window
I can't view that picture.

-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE
11-24-2015, 10:53 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUl2xEuUsAAIthw.jpg:large

[Image: CUl2xEuUsAAIthw.jpg:large]

Sorry. This should work.
11-24-2015, 02:46 PM
Yeah, that does look a little weird. I'm not convinced it's paranormal but it looks strange. There's also the odd looking little lump at the bottom of the house on the right that could be a goblin and the spots and shape at the upper left that could be a floating alien/angel.

-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE
11-25-2015, 11:01 AM
To quote YouTube, it looks like you shot this with a potato.

I really don't see anything strange, what I find weird how low quality a iphone 4 is even in such lighting.

"Studies Show...Intelligent girls are more depressed, because they know what the world is really like.....She knows in society she's either a Devil or an Angel with no in between. She speaks in the third person, so that she can forget that she's me." ~Emily Autumn
11-25-2015, 05:57 PM
(11-25-2015 11:01 AM)Fair_Luminary Wrote:  To quote YouTube, it looks like you shot this with a potato.

I really don't see anything strange, what I find weird how low quality a iphone 4 is even in such lighting.

For further clarification. That photo has been "auto-leveled" on Pixlr. I'm not the person to give credence to Crapple, but it was actually really dark. Here's the original. Feel free to toy with the contrast, brightness, add filters, etc. Whatever helps.

[Image: CUsefv3UsAE4UZa.jpg:large]

I am not certain whether or not the shape in the majority of the window is caused by a 100% stochastic process i.e. image noise in the CCD. Apparent complexity or a chaotic process may be the result. On side note, use a heat-map filter. See what things turn red. Dark spaces shouldn't. That's my 2 cents.
11-25-2015, 07:44 PM
Since this is the side of the house. Does the house face another house? We could speculate its diffused light through the blinds, maybe a hall light or something was turned on, maybe someone was checking their phone. My guess is a TV. I get the timing would be crazy, but there are some far crazier shots online.

The original does help, but I don't run it like you would figure. It doesn't look edited{the window matches right} so no ghost software.

"Studies Show...Intelligent girls are more depressed, because they know what the world is really like.....She knows in society she's either a Devil or an Angel with no in between. She speaks in the third person, so that she can forget that she's me." ~Emily Autumn
12-01-2015, 09:20 PM
Yeah this was the side of the house on a corner lot. It faced the sidewalk. Its a spacious neighborhood, the nearest house was separated by lawn, street, and more lawn. As for distance definitely more than 100 ft. I thought about if a TV was projecting an image at the most coincidental time, but I concluded that as unlikely. Opaque blinds and flashing television colors would just leave streaks running horizontally. These streaks would be much brighter than the siding. One more thing. If parts of the image are outside of the window frame than that leaves an unsettling idea. Something which emits blue photons, has complex movement in 3D, and distorts the image sensor / human vision. Self-propagating dusty plasma? Emergent ionization of N2 and O2? Or spooky ghost-alien-angel hybrid from nothingland? Well, I might be able to develop an algorithm that can predict the former two...
12-02-2015, 05:09 AM
For me I feel like, if your instincts told you to take that picture, you had to be picking up on something. I always have a hard time picking pictures apart unless it's clear as daySmile It does appear you have caught a couple of things in your photo though as others have pointed out.
02-06-2016, 04:42 PM
Where are the photos? I'm just seeing an "X"