Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EVP caught in my home during day
11-12-2015, 12:41 PM
EVP caught in my home during day
Hello... I have had some strange things going on in my home last few weeks.. we moved in in may and slowly things have started to happen.. So I decided to investigate a little bit and did some small sessions with a recorder in my living room.. really have nothing at all until I asked a question and got what seems to be a clear response.. is a quiet male voice I hear and speaks very clear with no distortion.. I need opinions and to see if anyone else can hear him.. I just want to see if someone else finds it in the recording.. not going to say where it is just that its there.. the low music you hear is my 3 month old's swing in the background..

https://soundcloud.com/jeremy-nichols/evp-sound
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2015, 12:58 PM
RE: EVP caught in my home during day
All I heard was some faint noises that seemed to coincide near some of the tones in the music in the background. I didn't hear anything I perceived to be a voice.

-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE
11-12-2015, 01:06 PM
Well I didnt wanna tell anyone where it was... but.. after I ask the question are you following one of us... it plays for a second or two and right around 27 to 28 seconds I here a voice.. is very quiet but seems to be a clear answer..
11-12-2015, 04:41 PM
I didn't hear anything other than the music, why is there music playing during an EVP? That seems like setting oneself up for failure.
11-12-2015, 05:46 PM
I heard what sounds like a whispered "yes." I'm not certain what caused the sound.
11-12-2015, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2015 07:13 PM by Nichols Family.)
(11-12-2015 05:46 PM)Sammee Wrote:  I heard what sounds like a whispered "yes." I'm not certain what caused the sound.

Thats exactly what I heard.. I just wanted to know if thats what other had heard also.. a whispered "yes" ... Thank you for hearing it.. makes me feel like I am not crazy..
(11-12-2015 04:41 PM)starpixie Wrote:  I didn't hear anything other than the music, why is there music playing during an EVP? That seems like setting oneself up for failure.

My infant son was sleeping in his swing in the living room.. and some sounds came from the kitchen right off there so I decided to sit down and try recording and asking some questions.. wasnt really thinking that something would respond... I will post a clearer version of it after I clear it up in a sound analyzer program my friend sent me after coming over and hearing it..
11-13-2015, 06:18 AM
I heard the whisper very clearly before you revealed the location on the recording. So many things make me suspicious of the capture that I wonder if you are trying to mess with people.
11-13-2015, 07:02 AM
(11-13-2015 06:18 AM)Sammee Wrote:  I heard the whisper very clearly before you revealed the location on the recording. So many things make me suspicious of the capture that I wonder if you are trying to mess with people.

I can promise you I am not messing around.. I am 40 years old and I have 2 children in the home under 3 and since all the strange things have started it has started to worried me.. I have ALWAYS been one of the skeptics.. I never believed in this stuff before.. felt there's always a logical answer to it.. I have probably 10 one minute recordings that have absolutely nothing one them but me talking in the room with the swing music going.. I didn't even hear this the first three or four times I went over the recordings.. but I started reading up and it said to wear head phones for more clarity because speakers can distort the sounds.. so I did.. and then all of a sudden on the 8th recording I found this.. it sent chills down my spine.. I am still a skeptic but is hard to disprove this.. not to mention this was recorded with a cheap pile of crap recorder my mother gave me years ago.. I know there will be people out there that will say its a fake and I don't care.. they can think what they want.. I know it was a true recording and I was just looking for others to see if they heard it as well.. thats all..
11-13-2015, 07:08 AM
Ok first of all thinking you hear a yes, after listenting to thousands of hours of evp many things can make a sound you claim to be a yes. even the cheap recorder circuits turning on and off. Something in the home can make a quick sound. Audio pareidolia. This is a form of audio pareidolia. Pareidolia is the neurological phenomenon of seeing a pattern or figure in random noise – a face in the clouds, or Jesus on a tortilla shell, for example. The images are not really there. There is just the suggestion of a face or some figure in the image and our brain does all work, finding the closest match to a recognized pattern, and then enhancing and even filling in details to create the illusion of a face or whatever.

Audio pareidolia is hearing words in sound that are not actually there. This can occur by misinterpreting words that are being said, or by hearing words in random noise. The phenomenon is the same as with visual pareidolia, in that the brain is searching for a recognized pattern, finds the closest match, and then processes the incoming sensory information to enhance the apparent match.
http://theness.com/roguesgallery/index.p...areidolia/

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
11-13-2015, 09:47 AM
It is not audio pareidolia. There is a "yes" that is being whispered in this recording. No offense to you Nichols, but I do find myself suspicious of the origins. It is simply my nature.