Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Healing Crystals nothing but placebo
The Authority's Complaints Board said the advertorial breached Principles 2 and 3 and Part B2 Requirement 4(a) of the Therapeutic Products Advertising Code, which requires advertisements for therapeutic products to be truthful and not mislead consumers.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/better-b...e-benefits
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
As a Geologist I can pretty much tell you there is nothing impressive or Important about crystals.
You should get about as much benefit from a hunk of salt.
This is probably placebo effect but it makes me laugh when it happens.

When I see someone selling quartz crystals at a sidewalk sale or flea market I touch each one with the tip of my finger. It never fails that one of them in particular will make my finger joint feel like it is vibrating. One day my wife was with me. I did the same thing and had the same result.
"Put the tip of your finger on the tip of each crystal and tell me which one feels different," I told her.
She did until the touched the third one, drew her finger back, and said, "that one made my knuckle feel funny."
"Yeah, that was the same one as me," I told her.
She looked at me with her eyes wide open. "Why does it do that?"
"I have no idea."
-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Magical, Mystical and Healing Properties of Crystals??? CareTaker 47 59,638 01-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Graveyard Hound