Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jesus never existed
11-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Jesus never existed
126 historic documents from 1st century Israel, written by people who should have known about Jesus, yet had never heard of him. This includes Josephus, whose only mention of Jesus is now known to have been a forgery or redaction inserted later by someone else.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/reasonadvoc...r-existed/

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
Find all posts by this user
11-04-2015, 06:43 PM
RE: Jesus never existed
Interesting article. This man also believes that the soul doesn't exist. That we all just cease to exist after death. What a hopeless view.
11-04-2015, 10:33 PM
And he's in a vast minority. That isn't saying that he is right or wrong, just that if he truly believes that there is only a small percentage that agree with him.

Even people that are terribly agnostic believe that there is "something" spiritual out there somewhere. Whether it is a huge communal spirit or a universal intelligence that no one understands they still believe in something. People that have no declared religion and aren't looking to join one still believe they have a soul or that something exists of a person after they die.

Hardly anyone you question seriously would say that they believe that after they pass away that all they have learned and experienced, and everything they think and feel would suddenly be snuffed out of existence. Almost no one thinks that all that is left of a person after death is water, amino acids, and several pounds of long chain carbon chemicals. Hardly anybody would agree that a brilliant scientist with a lot of organic molecules could eventually build a human being just like you and me.

Likewise, most every archeologist or sociologist asks the question when they study a culture, "What religious belief did these people have?" No ancient society has ever been discovered that did not have a religious belief associated with it.

It seems like human beings are genetically predisposed to believe in something out of normal perception, possibly as a focus to continue striving to exist in logically hopeless conditions.

-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE
11-05-2015, 07:32 AM
All that being said, yes, I'm a Christian. I believe Jesus existed and that he was the son of God. I believe he was crucified not so much because God HAD to do it that way, but because it presented a religion that excluded almost no one and gave them faith that they would have an afterlife with no misery. I strive to live within the morals and principles that Christianity teaches.

-DFB

11-05-2015, 10:14 AM
I heard that the only record of Jesus come from the bible and Homer briefly mentions the Christ. If you read the story of Horis and Isis from Egypt it is the same exact story and that comes from even older religions. most of Christianity is based the Egyptian regions, but they say it was pagan lol. It is believed that Jesus represents the age of pices witch is ending. At its core its all sun worship.
11-05-2015, 05:13 PM
Both professors I had for Bible as Literature and Study of World Religions were atheists. We learned that Jesus could have just been another self-proclaimed prophet performing miracles (which were supposedly common at the time).
I may not be a Christian, but I certainly feel and hope that death is not just a light going out and never coming back on. Excuse my lame metaphor, but with the experiences I have had and such, I think there must be something that our energy and essence does after death. It has to go somewhere, right? I guess we will all find out eventually. Head_72

[Image: 08071422011am_34f9c.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-20-2016, 09:41 AM
Jewish religion originates from ancient Egypt
01-21-2016, 06:26 AM
Jesus was a mix of earlier myths...

"Dionysus was born of a virgin on December 25 and, as the Holy Child, was placed in a manger. He was a traveling teacher who performed miracles. He “rode in a triumphal procession on an butt.” He was a sacred king killed and eaten in an eucharistic ritual for fecundity and purification. Dionysus rose from the dead on March 25. He was the God of the Vine, and turned water into wine. He was called “King of Kings” and “God of Gods.” He was considered the “Only Begotten Son,” Savior,” “Redeemer,” “Sin Bearer,” Anointed One,” and the “Alpha and Omega.” He was identified with the Ram or Lamb. His sacrificial title of “Dendrites” or “Young Man of the Tree” intimates he was hung on a tree or crucified."

http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/
01-21-2016, 10:33 AM
Not exactly true about Dionysius. A more complete discussion can be found in the Wiki article here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dionysus

-DFB

01-21-2016, 12:43 PM
Faith needs to be challenged from time to time so that it gets proper exercise.

Before you take any decision, consider its effect on the next seven generations.
Thread Closed