Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Potential Orbs?
10-30-2015, 08:22 PM
Potential Orbs?
Alright, so I know that orbs are a bit unpopular on this site because most people doubt their credibility, and I'm not saying I 100% captured orbs. I just wanted to share these photos because they look unusual. I do want to note that I took multiple photos and these two are the only ones which showed unusual phenomena, but they are open to interpretation.
[Image: S5030124_zps2wqsaeai.jpg]

[Image: S5030127_zpstmcvkazu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2015, 08:54 PM
RE: Potential Orbs?
Please help save the orbs. Shoot with your flash on. Donate today

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
10-30-2015, 09:22 PM
(10-30-2015 08:54 PM)UglyNRude Wrote:  Please help save the orbs. Shoot with your flash on. Donate today

I'm super glad that you think it's cool to be a dick to someone who's just posting photos for fun. You could've just stated your opinion politely. Glad to see that y'all are welcoming to newcomers.
10-30-2015, 09:39 PM
(10-30-2015 09:22 PM)HannahCake Wrote:  I'm super glad that you think it's cool to be a dick to someone who's just posting photos for fun. You could've just stated your opinion politely. Glad to see that y'all are welcoming to newcomers.

Don't let UNR's post irritate you, he's just our resident Skeptic Professor Emeritus.

Seriously, though, I see the pictures were taken with a flash that is built in to the camera body. This frequently causes dust motes in the air to scatter light back into the camera and show as orbs. If you have an external light source mounted away from the camera you won't get orbs, or at least very rarely.

-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE
10-31-2015, 01:48 AM
Any other things been happening like electronics turning on/off, cold/hot spots, or pets suddenly growling/hissing and looking at something invisible?
10-31-2015, 11:42 AM
(10-31-2015 01:48 AM)Itheblaze Wrote:  Any other things been happening like electronics turning on/off, cold/hot spots, or pets suddenly growling/hissing and looking at something invisible?

Lots of strange things have happened in my home over the years. My dogs do tend to growl when there's nothing around, or panic for seemingly no reason. Before I took those photos, my dogs quickly vacated the area and seemed to be frightened of something. I've had my TV turn on and off for no reason, meanwhile both of my remote controls were across the room. I've had TV remotes fly across the room when I was no where near them, I've had necklaces fly across my room from where I've had them hanging, and I've seen full-body apparitions. While the orbs may not be anything paranormal, my house has definitely had its share of activity.
10-31-2015, 01:59 PM
Do you feel it's a dead relative trying to get your attention?
10-31-2015, 11:06 PM
(10-31-2015 01:59 PM)Itheblaze Wrote:  Do you feel it's a dead relative trying to get your attention?

I believe it's quite possible. Several years ago, my uncle, with whom I was very close, passed away while staying at my home. He didn't die in the house, but he was staying with us at the time of his sudden death.
11-01-2015, 04:39 AM
Whenever this spirit is bothering you tell it in a firm but polite tone that you don't want to be bothered like that. I suggest this to someone and they said it worked.

The hero is brave in deeds as well as words - Aesop

Please all, and you will please none - Aesop
11-04-2015, 06:46 AM
(10-30-2015 08:22 PM)HannahCake Wrote:   Alright, so I know that orbs are a bit unpopular on this site because most people doubt their credibility, and I'm not saying I 100% captured orbs. I just wanted to share these photos because they look unusual. I do want to note that I took multiple photos and these two are the only ones which showed unusual phenomena, but they are open to interpretation.
[Image: S5030124_zps2wqsaeai.jpg]

[Image: S5030127_zpstmcvkazu.jpg]

First one, definitely, second, probably. Ever notice how the people who claim it's dust, can't explain why there's only ONE piece of dust illuminated at that time? Ever see ONE particle of dust? Also, wouldn't EVERY still photo with a flash capture dust? Mean to say dust isn't always in the air?
I've also caught orbs with an external flash so that "reason" is another weak attempt at explaining away things people disbelieve for what ever reason.
You know what you see. You know the circumstance. Thanks for sharing.