1 50.00%
Not sure.
1 50.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My earliest memory
I must have been about 5 years old (in my 30's now).
Woke up one morning from a nightmare, at the end of my bed I could see an apparition. It was transparent and I could only see the top half of its body. I can still picture it clearly in my head.. it was demonic looking, wearing a robe with a hood and had a skull face, black eye sockets and had several red jewels on its forehead. It didn't move or speak. It looked very evil. I remember trying to scream but couldn't. I just froze. I can't remember trying to move but my body felt heavy. It lasted for around a minute, the figure disappeared. I didn't know what it was and I was scared because I thought I had seen a ghost. I didn't tell anyone in my family about it.

Was this sleep paralysis?

I do remember at least one other time when I was young, waking up, trying to scream but nothing came out. I haven't experienced anything like this since.

Around 10 years ago a friend told me that she woke in the middle of the night and felt like she was being pinned down and couldn't move or talk. I explained to her what sleep paralysis was.

Mia from New Zealand
Probably sleep paralysis but could also be a host of other parasomnias.
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.