Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing every ghost-hunting app
This would be funny if we didn't see paranormal teams making money with these apps. using an app to scare a client into buying a cleansing. Its amazing how now you can detect ghosts everywhere including in your vehicle at 70 mph.

http://www.dailydot.com/technology/ghost...unted-nyc/
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
(10-08-2015, 08:03 AM)UglyNRude Wrote: This would be funny if we didn't see paranormal teams making money with these apps. using an app to scare a client into buying a cleansing. Its amazing how now you can detect ghosts everywhere including in your vehicle at 70 mph.

I have spent the past 4 months testing out ALL of these 'ghost hunting' apps and MANY more besides the ones already mentioned in that article...here are some more (mainly for the Windows PC):

http://www.extremesenses.com/software/

To test out these applications, what I did was to leave each one running on my phone/PC for a week solid without turning it off.

Then, I recorded all the responses I got over that week....the exact time of day I got the response...what word(s) were actually 'said' and at what time they were said...what were the vector locations and times of the 'ghosts' who showed up on my 'ghost radar'...etc etc.

What I found is that ALL of these programs had specific patterns to them and anything 'random' was left wholly open to interpretation and imagination.

I found that the more words I added into the Phasma Communicator database, the longer it would take between responses, with the time being incremental to the number of words I either added or removed.

I found out that these programs and apps are FULL of pre-recorded and cyclical words and images which will repeat themselves in the same sequence given enough time.

I found out that all of the flux meters and RF meters attached to these apps to make them look more 'scientific' and 'believable' were just there for show....they do not have any basis in real-time use.

The ONLY ghost-hunting app I haven't tried (because it's not available in my country) is Anthony Sanchez' SCD-1. I have seen videos on the SCD-1 that LOOKS impressive and I'd love to try it out for myself, but Amazon won't let me buy it due to copyright and it's unavailable anywhere else (except on VISA and I own a Mastercard...dammit)...

That being said, one day I did a SB-7 session and the burning question(s) I had were:

1. Why aren't you guys using all my apps? and
2. Do these apps actually work?

The replies I got were:

1. It's just too hard for us to use and
2. I have no idea

So after that, I deleted every app off every device and swore never to use one again.

One may as well just use a 'Magic 8-ball' to get BETTER results!

Yes, all these apps are nothing but rubbish and I would like to hear of any ghost hunter who has had a real paranormal or positive experience with ANY of them!

Please guys...don't waste your money....I spent over $200 to tell you this...let me waste my money FOR you....do not buy these 'ghost hunter' app things and stick to the more 'low tech' methods the spirits can actually USE (assuming you believe they can and inb4 UglyNRude).

Thank you.

(10-16-2015, 08:02 PM)The Necromancer Wrote:
(10-08-2015, 08:03 AM)UglyNRude Wrote: This would be funny if we didn't see paranormal teams making money with these apps. using an app to scare a client into buying a cleansing. Its amazing how now you can detect ghosts everywhere including in your vehicle at 70 mph.

I have spent the past 4 months testing out ALL of these 'ghost hunting' apps and MANY more besides the ones already mentioned in that article...here are some more (mainly for the Windows PC):

http://www.extremesenses.com/software/

To test out these applications, what I did was to leave each one running on my phone/PC for a week solid without turning it off.

Then, I recorded all the responses I got over that week....the exact time of day I got the response...what word(s) were actually 'said' and at what time they were said...what were the vector locations and times of the 'ghosts' who showed up on my 'ghost radar'...etc etc.

What I found is that ALL of these programs had specific patterns to them and anything 'random' was left wholly open to interpretation and imagination.

I found that the more words I added into the Phasma Communicator database, the longer it would take between responses, with the time being incremental to the number of words I either added or removed.

I found out that these programs and apps are FULL of pre-recorded and cyclical words and images which will repeat themselves in the same sequence given enough time.

I found out that all of the flux meters and RF meters attached to these apps to make them look more 'scientific' and 'believable' were just there for show....they do not have any basis in real-time use.

The ONLY ghost-hunting app I haven't tried (because it's not available in my country) is Anthony Sanchez' SCD-1. I have seen videos on the SCD-1 that LOOKS impressive and I'd love to try it out for myself, but Amazon won't let me buy it due to copyright and it's unavailable anywhere else (except on VISA and I own a Mastercard...dammit)...

That being said, one day I did a SB-7 session and the burning question(s) I had were:

1. Why aren't you guys using all my apps? and
2. Do these apps actually work?

The replies I got were:

1. It's just too hard for us to use and
2. I have no idea

So after that, I deleted every app off every device and swore never to use one again.

One may as well just use a 'Magic 8-ball' to get BETTER results!

Yes, all these apps are nothing but rubbish and I would like to hear of any ghost hunter who has had a real paranormal or positive experience with ANY of them!

Please guys...don't waste your money....I spent over $200 to tell you this...let me waste my money FOR you....do not buy these 'ghost hunter' app things and stick to the more 'low tech' methods the spirits can actually USE (assuming you believe they can and inb4 UglyNRude).

Thank you.

Wow! That was great! You've given me a lot of information on equipment I am only beginning to research and I need to find out what all of it is actually designed to do and how it is trying to operate. I'll have to get busy reading up on most of it.

Sounds to me like the first piece of equipment I need to concentrate on is the simplest, the K-II meter.

-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE

Thank you DFB and I am pleased to help.

I would say the first piece of equipment a ghost hunter needs to buy is a quality digital recorder, but a K-II meter is great as well (like I said before, I prefer the MEL, but it's a lot more expensive, of course).

Apart from that, do you know what is better than a Spirit Box? an old-fashioned Sony Walkman you can buy for like $5-$10 that can be used as one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0kh0S_J2PA

Any scanning radio can be converted to a cheap ghost box...you are also an electrician, so you can do stuff like the Radio Shack hack very easily.

I hope you get good results using the K-II and have a great journey.

Got a lot of good info from this thread and other threads you posted today.

I have some ideas already on improving results using a digital recorder, although mostly it is the manner how it is used and not the equipment itself. I'm wondering if any researchers have tried using multitrack recorders that will separate and synchronize sound picked up from several different microphones at once. This would be great for analyzing the location of a particular sound.

Thanks for the well wishes and they are much appreciated, but I'm actually hoping to get NO RESULTS from a K-II meter. If I can completely eliminate extraneous results from a K-II any time it gave results would have to be from an actual cause. I'm not an investigator, anyway, and would probably be a really bad one if I ever tried.
-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE

(10-16-2015, 11:28 PM)Darkforeboding Wrote: Got a lot of good info from this thread and other threads you posted today.

I have some ideas already on improving results using a digital recorder, although mostly it is the manner how it is used and not the equipment itself. I'm wondering if any researchers have tried using multitrack recorders that will separate and synchronize sound picked up from several different microphones at once. This would be great for analyzing the location of a particular sound.

Thanks for the well wishes and they are much appreciated, but I'm actually hoping to get NO RESULTS from a K-II meter. If I can completely eliminate extraneous results from a K-II any time it gave results would have to be from an actual cause. I'm not an investigator, anyway, and would probably be a really bad one if I ever tried.
Thanks again.

I agree....the 'null hypothesis' is always the best one to follow.

I'm not to sure about the multitrack recorder, but in the new Spiricom trials they did a similar procedure using 3 microphones.

Also, if you are going to use a microphone array, try replacing them with Raudive Germanium Diode Receivers instead:

http://www.ukghoststore.com/shop/electro...-receiver/

Then, an external antenna in the shape of either a pyramid or hexagram.

Adding a heterodyning tone...

Yeah, so that's where I am up to in building my own Spirit Box anyway...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ghost Hunting Stuff for PC ??? Occult Mafia 2000 3 1,764 12-17-2017, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Occult Mafia 2000
  New equipment? EDI Ghost Hunting Meter with EMF, Temperature and Geophone UglyNRude 0 1,951 09-04-2016, 07:18 PM
Last Post: UglyNRude
  Ghost Hunting Tools of the Trade? UglyNRude 3 3,066 06-02-2016, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Fair_Luminary
  Five Stupid Things About Ghost Hunting UglyNRude 2 3,433 09-29-2015, 05:18 AM
  Ghost hunting equipment debunked UglyNRude 38 27,453 06-27-2014, 07:27 AM