Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
any way of using EVP devices that CANNOT pick up radio frequencies?
10-07-2015, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2015 09:34 AM by turban86.)
any way of using EVP devices that CANNOT pick up radio frequencies?
I am asking maybe if there is a simple device on the market which can be used to pick up EVP with NO chance of picking up radio frequencies. I am a little skeptical that the majority of EVP's picked up are just nothing more than distorted snippets of radio station conversations which are then just interpreted to mean something.

Is there a sure way of using a model which CAN NOT pick up radio frequencies?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2015, 10:27 AM
RE: any way of using EVP devices that CANNOT pick up radio frequencies?
try a faraday cage, also when you do an evp session look up where are the different type radio towers are.
http://www.antennasearch.com/sitestart.asp
or
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/AsrSearc...Search.jsp

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
10-15-2015, 11:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2015 11:31 PM by The Necromancer.)
(10-07-2015 09:33 AM)turban86 Wrote:  I am asking maybe if there is a simple device on the market which can be used to pick up EVP with NO chance of picking up radio frequencies. I am a little skeptical that the majority of EVP's picked up are just nothing more than distorted snippets of radio station conversations which are then just interpreted to mean something.

I also use a Faraday pouch/cage.

I continue to get replies on my Spirit Box even after using one, which I would like some rational explanation for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnMG-c1m9oo
10-16-2015, 04:50 AM
(10-15-2015 11:31 PM)The Necromancer Wrote:  
(10-07-2015 09:33 AM)turban86 Wrote:  I am asking maybe if there is a simple device on the market which can be used to pick up EVP with NO chance of picking up radio frequencies. I am a little skeptical that the majority of EVP's picked up are just nothing more than distorted snippets of radio station conversations which are then just interpreted to mean something.

I continue to get replies on my Spirit Box even after using one, which I would like some rational explanation for.

The spirit box is programmed to say random words which do not require a radio signal so it would still play words in a faraday cage.

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
10-16-2015, 08:08 AM
(10-15-2015 11:31 PM)The Necromancer Wrote:  

I haven't had a chance to do any testing on an EVP yet.

If you are using a Faraday Cage, however, you need to make sure it is properly grounded on all sides and to a solid "cold water pipe" ground or to a grounding rod. If there is any appreciable distance from the Faraday Cage to the ground point the connection should use as large a gauge of wire as possible.

If a Faraday Cage is not grounded it is no longer a Faraday Cage and becomes something more like an antenna, making your equipment more prone to picking up interference.

-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE
10-16-2015, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the advice.

All I know is that everything attached to the Spirit Box must also be encased within the Faraday cage including any wires and speakers or the same thing will happen.
10-16-2015, 10:00 AM
(10-16-2015 08:24 AM)The Necromancer Wrote:  Thanks for the advice.

All I know is that everything attached to the Spirit Box must also be encased within the Faraday cage including any wires and speakers or the same thing will happen.

I wouldn't trust an Ovilus, mostly because I've never used it, but the SB-7 works fine, even with radio interference. Use it enough you can hear the difference between any possible replies to questions and jibberish. Also it scans backwards at super high speeds (for simplicity sake) so it's impossible for words or phrases to come through, regardless of non believer's assertions. You can also disable the antenna to eliminate radio. A voice recorder is the ultimate concerning your question as it only records what it "hears". It doesn't produce anything else.

"Programmed to answer"? Like it's going to know the question never mind the appropriate answer. Love the verbal cartoon though.
10-16-2015, 10:07 AM
(10-16-2015 10:00 AM)fldinosaur Wrote:  A voice recorder is the ultimate concerning your question as it only records what it "hears". It doesn't produce anything else.

Do you use a voice recorder that is hand held or that uses a hand held microphone?

-DFB

01-02-2016, 06:29 PM
In my experiences, the faraday cage, bag etc, etc blocks out to much. Try possibly a Raudive Diode, they have no physical mic, the use a germanium diode crystal, therefore, no ambient noise is picked up. They plug into a recorder through the imput, like an external mic. They use no battery power, they will shut off the internal mic of the recorder so as to not record any ambient noise through the recorder (unless you turn off that setting on your recorder). Personally I use 1 hooked to a recorder that only records thru the Diode, and an extra recorder that records my questions, or any ambient noise.

I am a seasoned Paranormal Investigator and a builder of Paranormal Equipment. Visit my website HERE.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2016, 08:09 PM
(01-02-2016 06:29 PM)PIE Wrote:  In my experiences, the faraday cage, bag etc, etc blocks out to much. Try possibly a Raudive Diode, they have no physical mic, the use a germanium diode crystal, therefore, no ambient noise is picked up. They plug into a recorder through the imput, like an external mic. They use no battery power, they will shut off the internal mic of the recorder so as to not record any ambient noise through the recorder (unless you turn off that setting on your recorder). Personally I use 1 hooked to a recorder that only records thru the Diode, and an extra recorder that records my questions, or any ambient noise.
Do you have a link or a catalog number of the particular diode that you use?

-DFB