Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vanished Recording
10-05-2015, 03:57 PM
Vanished Recording
Hello everyone;

I was at an investigation on 9/26 and I left my recorder (Tascam DR-05) in what we felt was going to be the most active room in the house. (it was) I left it there for 2 hours 1h56m to be exact. I went down an stopped it because I wanted to use it else where. The battery was about dead (new batteries too) So I think my device was drained. I go to check my recordings and my recording wasn't there.

I was PO'd to say the least.

We go back to bless the house and another member puts his recorder which is 100% identical to the one I have. He leaves it and before we leave he checks and his recording is gone also.

Tascam's are usually a good device has anyone had a similar experience with one?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2015, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 05:17 PM by UglyNRude.)
RE: Vanished Recording
(10-05-2015 03:57 PM)MOTH_dustinharms Wrote:  Hello everyone;

I was at an investigation on 9/26 and I left my recorder (Tascam DR-05) in what we felt was going to be the most active room in the house. (it was) I left it there for 2 hours 1h56m to be exact. I went down an stopped it because I wanted to use it else where. The battery was about dead (new batteries too) So I think my device was drained. I go to check my recordings and my recording wasn't there.

I was PO'd to say the least.

We go back to bless the house and another member puts his recorder which is 100% identical to the one I have. He leaves it and before we leave he checks and his recording is gone also.

Tascam's are usually a good device has anyone had a similar experience with one?

Thanks

Ok as far as batteries there are many causes from having one bad battery to purchasing new batteries that are defective. Dollar stores and discount hardware stores are known for this.

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
10-07-2015, 10:00 AM
I really wasn't to concerned with the battery portion.

I was more interested in the vanishing recording.
10-07-2015, 10:17 AM
(10-07-2015 10:00 AM)MOTH_dustinharms Wrote:  I really wasn't to concerned with the battery portion.

I was more interested in the vanishing recording.

A weak battery would could stop the recording. Some tascams are effected by cell phones, and rfi. Also tascam occasionally require you to hit record multiple times. Did you bother to check with tascam?

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
12-05-2015, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2015 09:36 AM by jerseyguy77.)
I have experienced this. Also alot of times when I would listen to an old recording, it would suddenly be different. Basically alot of times it's that while your listening to the recording right then and there, your're hearing real time communication. The fact of the matter is that there are spirits realms imposed over our reality at all times, so quite often a particular location such as a "haunted location" really has nothing to do with anything, you could get EVPs anywhere if you put the effort into it. But it's not always the case, sometimes the voices are embedded on a recording and never changes.