Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I think that I have been cursed?
07-19-2015, 09:04 PM
I think that I have been cursed?
I must sound super silly. I apologize if I have misplaced this topic. I dabbled in Wicca ignorantly in the 6th grade with a friend of mine. I must have done something wrong because I feel that I have a curse. Wherever I go, rain refuses to fall. I know- usually rain would be a bad thing. But I'm in SoCal and we desperately need water. I always see rain in the forecast but when it is forecast it either barely falls, or only for a short time. The other times I see a circle of blue skies above my area. It will fall in other areas, and I hear about flash flooding and heavy rain, yet wherever I am, it only a few drops fall. It happens if I move to a different area too. Am I just imagining things?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2015, 05:54 AM
RE: I think that I have been cursed?
Maybe you've been blessed, not cursed.
07-20-2015, 07:01 AM
Use it for good. Go stand in a place being flooded so the rain will stop. Maybe you could get hired out for outdoor functions. The 'Sunny Girl'. Rain, rain will go away if 'Sunny Girl' is here to stay! Think of all the happy children at the birthday party.
07-20-2015, 01:50 PM
This can be looked at as good and bad. Any trips planned out of Southern California? Rain might fall when you're away. That might tell you if you are or not.
07-20-2015, 03:44 PM
First of all, dabbling in a religion - even Wicca - will not bring curses upon you or anyone else.

Second, weather is notoriously fickle and not as easily predictable as the meteorologists would have you think. For instance, today there has been a 60% chance of rain forecast for my city. It rained just before lunch for maybe 30 minutes in my area. That doesn't mean that it didn't storm in another part of the city. Within the last month or so there have been two instances where it was pissing down rain when I left work - to the point of driving 20 mph because visibility was shot - yet by the time I got home a mere twenty minutes later it was bone dry. So does that 60% chance mean that only 60% of the city or viewing area will experience rain or that there's more than a 50/50 chance I will see rain no matter where I am? It's a vague thing.

I seriously doubt you're cursed. If you dabbled and didn't know what you were doing, how could you place a curse on yourself? SoCal is just having a rough time right now and that has nothing to do with you.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-24-2015, 07:56 PM
Didn't SoCal just have a big rainstorm wash out a bridge on I-10?

If you still feel cursed, try breaking the curse with a vacation to Seattle, Washington.
08-21-2015, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2015 01:01 PM by perrieanne.)
(07-24-2015 07:56 PM)jadewik Wrote:  Didn't SoCal just have a big rainstorm wash out a bridge on I-10?

If you still feel cursed, try breaking the curse with a vacation to Seattle, Washington.

I would totally do that! I saw that on the news. It drizzled for about 5 minutes where I was when that storm was around, surprisingly.
(07-20-2015 03:44 PM)Bean Sidhe Wrote:  First of all, dabbling in a religion - even Wicca - will not bring curses upon you or anyone else.

Second, weather is notoriously fickle and not as easily predictable as the meteorologists would have you think. For instance, today there has been a 60% chance of rain forecast for my city. It rained just before lunch for maybe 30 minutes in my area. That doesn't mean that it didn't storm in another part of the city. Within the last month or so there have been two instances where it was pissing down rain when I left work - to the point of driving 20 mph because visibility was shot - yet by the time I got home a mere twenty minutes later it was bone dry. So does that 60% chance mean that only 60% of the city or viewing area will experience rain or that there's more than a 50/50 chance I will see rain no matter where I am? It's a vague thing.

I seriously doubt you're cursed. If you dabbled and didn't know what you were doing, how could you place a curse on yourself? SoCal is just having a rough time right now and that has nothing to do with you.

I sure hope its just the drought... I must sound super dumb. Sorry. I got back from texas and it did rain there, but just barely. I saw the lightning and heard the thunder, but the floods and hail avoided my area! And the forecast for thunderstorms afterward were pushed back until the day after I left.

(07-20-2015 01:50 PM)CharlotteHarrington_ Wrote:  This can be looked at as good and bad. Any trips planned out of Southern California? Rain might fall when you're away. That might tell you if you are or not.

I did just come back from Texas. While I was there I did experience a thunderstorm, though there wasn't much of a downpour. Other people came by and told me there was flooding and hailstorms elsewhere. After that day, the string of "scattered thunderstorms" predicted were delayed until the day after i left.
(07-20-2015 05:54 AM)albie Wrote:  Maybe you've been blessed, not cursed.

To me it is a curse because I absolutely despise warm weather and sunny days. Even cloudy days would be nice! I love rain, storms, and heavy rain at that. The worse the better.
(07-20-2015 07:01 AM)Itheblaze Wrote:  Use it for good. Go stand in a place being flooded so the rain will stop. Maybe you could get hired out for outdoor functions. The 'Sunny Girl'. Rain, rain will go away if 'Sunny Girl' is here to stay! Think of all the happy children at the birthday party.

Too bad I'm the wrong person to be the Sunny Girl Sad. I HATE sunny days with a passion; SoCal is the most wrong place for me to live. I'd be happy as a clam in Seattle.