Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina, USA- Urban Legends
Stumbled across an article about urban legends from one of the southern states....

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/north-car...ends-nc-1/

The legends are:
Raleigh’s Haunting Capitol Building History
Lake Norman’s Normie
The Beast of Bladenboro
The Brown Mountain Lights
The Devil's Circle
Richfield Road Legend (AKA "Gravity Hill")
George Feller Legend
Pactolus Lights
Beaucatcher Mountain in Asheville, Helen's Bridge
The Ghost of Edith Vanderbilt
Hmmmmmm...........
'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde
Decent "legends"...all they should be took for are stories though. I do love folklore/urban legends. Thanks for posting the article.
Stories with a hint of truth. I am in NC so yeah some are just stories, others well.....
(04-28-2015, 10:48 PM)jadewik Wrote: Stumbled across an article about urban legends from one of the southern states....

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/north-car...ends-nc-1/

The legends are:
Raleigh’s Haunting Capitol Building History
Lake Norman’s Normie
The Beast of Bladenboro
The Brown Mountain Lights
The Devil's Circle
Richfield Road Legend (AKA "Gravity Hill")
George Feller Legend
Pactolus Lights
Beaucatcher Mountain in Asheville, Helen's Bridge
The Ghost of Edith Vanderbilt

All great locations, been to most of them plus a lot more just in North Carolina. Current Raleigh resident.
Ammo is expensive. Don't expect a warning shot.Scream_72

indeed the location are amazing

There are lots of other ghost stories in Carolina.
Remember Joe Baldwin.
Some are not known because they are known only
by local residents.
Of course all states have their ghost stories in the U.S.
"It's Not Static" UFO
I live in NC right now and I would love to find Helen's Bridge. Does anyone have directions? I am familiar with Tunnel Road and the Beaucatcher Cinemas, which I assume must be near Beaucatcher Mountain, but I do not know exactly how to get to the bridge.
The "Legends" or in lots of cases "hauntings" are still around, as if one really expects them to go away. Still fun to visit but not as often.
Ammo is expensive. Don't expect a warning shot.Scream_72

(07-15-2015, 09:41 AM)Nerissa Wrote: I live in NC right now and I would love to find Helen's Bridge. Does anyone have directions?  I am familiar with Tunnel Road and the Beaucatcher Cinemas, which I assume must be near Beaucatcher Mountain, but I do not know exactly how to get to the bridge.

Here is a map

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. ~ Terry Pratchett

The Paranormal Beliefs Survey  ~^*White face*^~  Paranormal Questions & Answers

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Biltmore Estates in Asheville, North Carolina haunted? WhisperingAngel 8 17,394 07-18-2015, 06:41 PM
Last Post: LindaVC
  SAN-MOR COMPANY, THOMASVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA Graveyard Hound 5 4,326 06-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Last Post: parasearch
  THE GRAY MAN OF FORT FISHER, WILMINGTON, NORTH CAROLINA Graveyard Hound 6 4,597 06-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Last Post: pacas
  Devil's Stairs, Ashe County,North Carolina Graveyard Hound 2 8,189 11-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Last Post: scarygirl67