Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blocking out negative energy ?
So I noticed I am very sensitive to energy. Energy meaning aside from what someone might say or do. I've had people being the nicest and most considerate towards me but me still being pulled down by their energy. On the opposite side I have also experienced a singular experience where someone in her doing wasn't very positive but I still felt a positive energy. Which in my experience is rare. I don't often feel people's energy, perhaps this is something I need to further develop.

However I have had a singular experience where I had just had a great week and particularly a very good night and morning being around a very positive spirit and I came home and I just immediately felt it... Like a smack in my face, a dark, negative energy bringing me down like as if a thick, black smoke was surrounding me. I felt depressed all weekend.

So now, for that reason, I am curious, how do you block out negative energy ?

Thanks in advance ! :)
Easiest way is shielding, and what your describing sounds like being a empath, uncontrolled its a burden.
"Studies Show...Intelligent girls are more depressed, because they know what the world is really like.....She knows in society she's either a Devil or an Angel with no in between. She speaks in the third person, so that she can forget that she's me." ~Emily Autumn
What is shielding ?
https://wildflowerpara.wordpress.com/201...er-shield/
"Studies Show...Intelligent girls are more depressed, because they know what the world is really like.....She knows in society she's either a Devil or an Angel with no in between. She speaks in the third person, so that she can forget that she's me." ~Emily Autumn
Hmm...first I think we have to make sure that it is really the other person's "negative energy" that is actually what is "bringing you down" when you are around them.

I mean, sure..that does tend to happen..I encounter it all the time: I just call it "picking up on their vibes" which can be good or bad. After all, there are a lot of what we call "psychic vampires" out there who will suck your energy dry if you allow them. Oh, they may not even be trying to do so--in fact, most times they aren't, and are blissfully unaware of their effects on empath-types. But they still do it nonetheless.

Anyway, back to the "making sure it's always an energy thing." I have had a personal theory for a long time now, which to me explains so many things along these lines, that is, meeting someone for the first time and immediately getting slammed with an opinion or feeling about them.

And I think the basis for it is in science. To be more specific: in our Evolution. See--being an Evolutionist--I believe that, long ago, stemming-back to our hunter-gatherer, homo habilis days on the African savannahs--before we emigrated to northern Europe and vied with neanderthal man--we travelled in packs. Groups. Tribes. Usually of around 25-50 people or so. Some tribes were friendly, some were adversarial. Some were flat-out enemies.

So, when we meet someone we immediately like, or dislike, or hate, or even lust after (I also believe in love ate first-sight) I think that initial "vibe" we get from them depends on whether or not they were "of our tribe." Or from a friendly or enemy group.

This idea makes sense to me on several levels, as it explains why we can, as you said in your OP, fairly loathe someone even thought their outward actions are positive. or we can experience the inverse: be attracted to them even though they are acting like a total twerp. This sense we have would be hardwired in our DNA. And I am sure it used to be much stronger back in the "caveman" days than it is now, since back then it was a very valuable tool--in fact could determine life or death! But these days--not so much.

So it is a sort of "use it or lose it" dynamic at work here. It's just that some of us have retained it a bit better than others.

To this day, sometimes, after I meet someone i take an immediate but often inordinate like to, I will say to myself after we part, "He/she is of my tribe." LOL.
(04-02-2015, 04:34 PM)Fair_Luminary Wrote: https://wildflowerpara.wordpress.com/201...er-shield/

This was very helpfull thank you I'm gonna try this.
(04-02-2015, 08:19 PM)Der Ankläger Wrote: Hmm...first I think we ha... myself after we part, "He/she is of my tribe." LOL.

That was a very complex way of saying ''I don't believe in energy, so here is my opinion instead since mine s much more valuable then yours.''

Thanks. :')) (not)
I used to be very sensitive to people's energy, till I found a soulution, that is breaking free, cutting ties all the time, taking back all someone else's energy that I am heavily carrying and getting back the one that I gave, each one with his own stuff. If I have some link or connection with a person, love, family, etc, I live it and feel it fully, but the next day I unload the yesterday's backpack and start over again from 0.
At the same time, I got used to be the same with myself, everyday getting rid of yesterday's things, not identifying with anything what happens to me, always looking from outside, like a spectator in an interactive movie.

Since I learned to be like that, I became almost invulnerable, very few vibes can affect me because there are no wires transmitting them

If you keep here and now, all the other things just pass through, mind cannot get in while we are busy with perception.

Those exercises above, and many others, help a lot to keep here and now.
(04-03-2015, 01:48 PM)closertodeath Wrote:
(04-02-2015, 04:34 PM)Fair_Luminary Wrote: https://wildflowerpara.wordpress.com/201...er-shield/

This was very helpfull thank you I'm gonna try this.
(04-02-2015, 08:19 PM)Der Ankläger Wrote: Hmm...first I think we ha... myself after we part, "He/she is of my tribe." LOL.

That was a very complex way of saying ''I don't believe in energy, so here is my opinion instead since mine s much more valuable then yours.''

Thanks. :')) (not)

Oh boy, I see we have yet another member who needs to read a bit closer.

How can you claim I think there is no such thing as "energy" when I went into the whole bit about psychic vampires? Here's an idea: read my entire post before criticizing!

I was merely suggesting alternative reasons for the feelings and vibes you spoke of. Some of you people are so hyper-sensitive that I can only think you have oppressive husbands or bf's. so you passive-aggressively vent here. (Yes..it's always the women who do this).

So...thanks.

Not.

LOL.

Hail.
That's really good advice Nawal, from that perspective I do that everyday. I very rarely have bad days because I choose to carry myself as positive energy. At least in my case I still feel other peoples energy but in instances of my one coworker the feel of her negativity(which is pretty strong) goes with her when she leaves the area Im in or I head past her negative funk.

Those I keep emotional ties with the links I keep muted back as full strength they distract me.

TA,
In some ways I get what you are saying, but I don't think its a left over of evolution.

Yes I have looked at people and known That I would dislike them even as a child. I did that the first day of kindergarten even with a few kids. And it wasn't from talking to them I got a instant read on what type of person they were, I told these people instantly I did not like them. Not to say that I don't still do it but those folks by the time we got to highschool were really unbearable personality.
Reading people is usually not considered the trait of a 5 year old. And it wasn't just because some people were not part of my tribe{90% of people around then were some mix of German plus Irish, English, French, Scottish heritage- So pretty much as white as they could come} so I don't see that as true.

And I cant speak too much for Closer, but even before I was talking with her I pegged her as a bit young. I think what she is picking up on is your high and might vibe, which is good for a under 21 person.
What I find really funny is you are not perceptive enough to pick up on the ages of folks here by how they carry themselves. Yet you will go on about how they must have oppressive males in their lives, stop projecting your problems on others.

{Oh and there was totally that thread you glossed over that it was John and not Nawal who made a post though you addressed Nawal. I can cite other such mistakes but main point your reading could do some work too Mr. Humility Smile }

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Negative energy in my room causing me to see things? fae1993 5 3,970 03-03-2018, 07:36 PM
Last Post: driftwoodms14
Wink How To: Releasing Negative Energy PurityParanormal 9 1,851 03-03-2018, 06:28 PM
Last Post: driftwoodms14
  Negative energy black magic/insane Believer 13 1 1,937 01-01-2016, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Itheblaze
  Negative energy Matt83 12 14,895 03-30-2015, 06:17 AM
Last Post: hogie666
  Negative energy radiating in my bedroom? Voodoo? astroz 3 2,924 01-04-2015, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Itheblaze