Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My personal concept of Reincarnation...
A few thoughts that I want to share with those of you that are interested in the ‘Past Life Memory’ phenomenon.

I believe firmly that we all have past life memories, however vague or strong they are, of living in previous times. We (our souls/spirits, whichever one wants to call it), are pure energy, and energy cannot be destroyed.

I understand that it is quite common for some people to remember past lives thro dreams, or meditation etc, and some, like me, have spontaneous memories from a very early age. Most children forget these past life memories around the age of 6 or so, but some, and I'm one, don't forget.

Some people ask me why it is that I have these memories of having lived before, when they don’t; and they sometimes ‘infer’ that I think there is something special about me. Well, they’re wrong, I don’t. I try to answer that question to the best of my ability; but, whatever I say, and believe about why I have these memories, and they don’t, is based on supposition and theory. The fact is that I don’t know the answer any more than anyone else. I can only surmise…

First of all let me say that mine isn't by any means an isolated case. There are millions of us, from all around the world who have such memories, and I can link you to hundreds of cases of people, especially children who have these memories.

But, that’s for a later time, should anyone care for some links. What I’d like to do now, is tell you what I believe could be some of the factors that lead up to this phenomenon of ‘Past Life Memories.’ But, please bear in mind that they are merely my own personal opinions and theories on the matter.

Let’s start by remembering that Science has now pretty much gotten into this ‘Gene’ thing in fascinating research areas. They can now identify the gene that determines one’s sexual preferences; heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, etc… They've identified the gene which determines whether one is left, or right-handed. They've sussed out why it is that some people develop an addiction for various substances, be it drink or drugs, or tobacco. According to the scientists the addiction is controlled by certain genes, and that although we all have this gene, for some of us it is ‘dormant.’ See link:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/114044.php

They can also influence one’s predisposition for religious pursuits, and other behaviours. See below…

Quote:People vary enormously in behavior traits; in part, this may reflect their upbringing or social circumstances, but in an equal part, it is likely to reflect their genes.

Three aspects of this finding tend to take people aback. First, genetics can affect characteristics such as religiosity or empathy as well as disorders such as schizophrenia or autism. It is not that genes determine religious beliefs; that would be ridiculous. But they do play a contributory (not deterministic) role in shaping personality features that influence how likely it is that a person will become heavily committed to religious beliefs. Genes, of course, will not determine the specific content of those beliefs.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/do-...05005.html

For me personally, I do believe to some extent that these memories might come under the gene influence. One might either have the ‘active’ or the ‘dormant’ gene for such memories; it's a possibility. That’s just one theory. Another one that I favor is that it might have something to do with how soon one ‘reincarnates’ after a previous lifetime. For example, if one reincarnates within a few years, say, 2/3, then perhaps these memories will be more to the fore in our tender years. Some research suggests that the average time between reincarnating is around 40 years, but can be from anywhere between 10 to 300 or more years.

Another theory that I tend to explore, and from experience I believe that this theory could be a good contender for some, perhaps a lot of past life memories; is the ‘stress factor.’ I carry, from my own past life memories, a great deal of emotion from them. I've always been very sensitive to ‘vibes and atmospheres.’ Some of the memories that I have, have been so distressing that I still feel today the very emotions that I felt then, in the relevant past lifetime. Sometimes it’s a physical pain.

Of course, there is a lot of controversy regarding memories that have been ‘induced’ by hypnotism, and I do feel that more needs to be investigated and researched when using this medium for looking back in time. But, all my memories have been spontaneous, from early toddler stage, and I have never been hypnotized. Nor would I ever agree to be. That’s just me, and the reasons are manifold, but basically it's because I tend to prefer to be ‘in control’ of my emotions at all times.

Many people are astonished when, because of my ‘past life memories’ and belief in reincarnation, I say that I adhere to no religious denomination, nor do I believe in any ‘Deity.’ They seem to think that one must precede, or follow the other. Why? Such beliefs never cease to amaze me. (more on that topic in a later post).

I do also, believe most strongly in other dimensions, planes, and parallel universes, as I've said in other threads too. I also believe that I, as most of us have, have ofttimes visited other 'realms of existence.' See link in quote below:

Quote:QuoteTonguearallel Universes Documentary:

BBC Two 9.00pm Thursday 14 February 2002

Everything you're about to read here seems impossible and insane, beyond science fiction. Yet it's all true.

Scientists now believe there may really be a parallel universe - in fact, there may be an infinite number of parallel universes, and we just happen to live in one of them. These other universes contain space, time and strange forms of exotic matter. Some of them may even contain you, in a slightly different form. Astonishingly, scientists believe that these parallel universes exist less than one millimetre away from us. In fact, our gravity is just a weak signal leaking out of another universe into ours.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/200...luni.shtml

Everything you're about to read here seems impossible and insane, beyond science fiction. Yet it's all true.

Scientists now believe there may really be a parallel universe - in fact, there may be an infinite number of parallel universes, and we just happen to live in one of them. These other universes contain space, time and strange forms of exotic matter. Some of them may even contain you, in a slightly different form. Astonishingly, scientists believe that these parallel universes exist less than one millimetre away from us. In fact, our gravity is just a weak signal leaking out of another universe into ours.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/200...luni.shtml

… and, because of this, many people make the mistake of believing that if one is not in the slightest religious, then it is anomalous to believe in these things, or that one can be spiritual. They couldn't be more wrong. I believe that I, we, all have guides, guardians, soul mates and soul groups. I know that I, we have souls; nothing could ever shake me from that belief. Hell, I've met a small few of my guides; just ordinary souls, perhaps far more advanced than us; but definitely without wings and halo's. I even know their names...

Moving on; I actually believe (again, it’s merely a personal belief, not a stated fact), that we are not meant to remember these past lives. I believe that it's possible that they they could be caused by a dysfunctional gene, since even our genes are not infallible. A gene can malfunction, and cause confusion, such as Schizophrenia, or the Sociopath mentality; or that equally, a gene has somehow ‘miss-fired’ and that it causes some of us to remember that which perhaps we should not. For, let’s face it, if there is a gene that predetermines someone’s predilection to a substance dependency, then there might be a gene that deters the act of self destruction (suicide). After all, if there was nothing to deter us from such an act as suicide, because we all knew that there would be future lifetimes, there’d be a lot more people jumping off bridges and generally ‘opting out.’

Life can sometimes be hard, and even soul destroying; and if we all knew that we could wipe the slate clean, and start afresh, wouldn't we all opt for such a formula?

Just a few of my thoughts on the subject of past life memories. Hope I haven’t sent any of you to sleep with sheer boredom.

I'll be honest. I am writing a book on my past life memories. So I'm not going to post any of the memories that I have here; at least not yet. However I will post the foreword here if anyone is interested. Don't want to bore anyone tho...

Addendum: I just wanted to say that I shall be out of the country from tomorrow, Tuesday 10, for several days, perhaps three or four, and so will be unable to post to any replies for a while.

Smile
About reincarnation, do you think it happens across different species as well?
Your point of view is sacred, because you're the only one who has it.
(02-09-2015, 01:22 PM)NotaPenguin Wrote: About reincarnation, do you think it happens across different species as well?

I have no clue Penguin. In the memories that I have, I do not think that I can recall having a pet with me from then to now. The thing is, is that it's impossible for me, personally, to even know exactly how many past lives I remember, since unlike some people who have spontaneous memories from birth to death, mine are only snatches and glimpses from lifetimes. Many people only have these snatches, not all can recall the whole.

What I mean is that there are several memories that I have of being a child in a past life, and several of being an adult in past lives. I have no clue as to whether the children I remember being, grew up to be the adults that I remember. The only way that I can marry the child up to the adult is by 'era's.' For example I remember one lifetime as possibly a Polynesian child of around 6 years old, which, from the events that I remember had to have been fairly recently, possibly the 18th century; whereas other memories are much earlier, possibly 17th century or even earlier. There are three people in total that are connected to me in this lifetime that I know for sure were with me in other lifetimes (not all, but some of them). But as to other species, whom knows? Sorry... Smile
Interesting!

Your theory about it possibly not being something we're supposed" to remember aligns with my husband's theory that most all psychic-type experiences are due to a chink in the old armor, so to speak. He feels it is NOT a gift, a power or any such ability, although it looks like it is to some. He feels it is a downright handicap, and that people who are functioning well do not suffer from this. This is kind of radical, when you take a look at the stance of most people who have some sort of recurring psychic thing that happens to them. We hear all about gifts and developing things. I don't know of a single person that is very strongly psychic that wants to "develop" it more. It is a hard burden.

And as far as being a spiritual atheist goes, that is a good description of a lot of them. They aren't banded together by what they believe- a common dogma. They re only defined by not believing in a separate god. There is no consensus amongst them for what they DO believe in. Actually, some of the most spiritually attuned people I know are non-theists.
Isn't this a fascinating thread? It pulls together what I have been experiencing. In my thread about being told numerous things by this ( voice )who spoke to me some 40 years ago , It was mentioned that when we die we wake up as in a dream , not on some other planet, but here on earth in another dimension. When we pray we are taught to say Our Father who art in heaven. Thy Kingdom come on EARTH as it is in Heaven. This to me explains why bereaved people often report seeing their loved ones in their own homes .Gizmo's husband is right when he says these insights can be a burden rather than a delight. I feel the bible writers are telling us something that we are missing.
Guys, thanks for your replies and interest in the topic of reincarnation. There is so much circumstantial evidence for the concept of reincarnation out there. Not to mention the strong belief in it from some very prominent people from all over the globe, and dating back to the dawn of recorded history.

Reincarnation makes sense to many; to the ordinary Joe and Jane Public, and to prominent folk from ancient history to modern times. Pythagoras believed in reincarnation, as did Benjamin Franklin, Henry Ford, Napoleon, Mark Twain, Tolstoy, General George S, Patton, Gandhi, Jung, Wordsworth, Albert Schweitzer, Voltaire, Socrates, Plato… to name but a very few.

General Patton was absolutely convinced that he had lived many times before, and generally as a warrior in some military regime.

Let me tell you about someone whom I know personally. She is not related to me, nor does she have any memories of having lived past lives. I'm not even sure if she ever considers the concept. But, here is a little of her story:

She and her sister were orphaned early, but not early enuff that that they didn't remember being born into a very dysfunctional familial environment. Neglected and horrifically abused during their first formative five years (they were frequently abandoned and left to their own devices, to survive as best they could, and to have to scavenge for food, and basic necessities in order to survive.

At one time the eldest of the sisters was brought home, to the hovel that she existed in, barely clothed, just a thin frock and no underwear (altho, apparently, she did have some rather fine shoes on her feet, but no socks, on a bitterly cold day. At the time she was around 3 to 4 years of age. She was carried home by a policeman whom had found her playing on a derelict bombsite with other children, with matches.

Their mother was at home, and was found to be er... 'entertaining' a male guest at the time. There was no food in the house and it was filthy. There was a little boy in a crib, a babe in arms really, whom was sobbing, dirty, and very hungry, and completely naked. The mother barely knew the names of her kids, let alone how to interact with them on a maternal basis; and neither of the sisters had ever learned to socialize with their peers.

Yet, the eldest sister at the age of 4 was, uncannily, found to be able to read and write like a 10 year old, after social services intervened, took the children into care, and she started school for the first time. Certainly she had never had a book read to her by her mother (there was no father visible in their life).

There can be no other explanation to many, for her literary ability, other than that she had lived and learned before, in another lifetime. As I said previously, she does not have any memories of having lived before this life. Sadly, the childrens lives did not benefit any better for social services having intervened; the sisters grew up having increasing obstacles to overcome. They don't know who the little boy was, or what happened to him.

But, somehow, the eldest sister started school and was able to read and write like she had been doing so forever. Quite remarkable, I thought... It's my firm conviction that she too, had lived before.

There's a wealth of material out there on this topic. Smile
There is. I was fascinated to see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S_Tg4-_WVk

A cool video!
(02-15-2015, 01:56 PM)Gizmo Wrote: There is. I was fascinated to see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S_Tg4-_WVk

A cool video!

Hi Gizmo, Smile

Yes, I've seen those video's of James. It's a very interesting case, and moreso since they are spontaneous memories, like mine and others are. I'm not against exploring past lives thro regressive hypnotherapy, but I just wonder how well trained the hypnotherapist is in any one case, that they don't 'lead' the client/patient.

We simply don't know enuff about the science of hypnotherapy yet, to be able to assess whether it's a viable source to use in the research of the concept of reincarnation.

Having said that tho, there are some very plausible and convincing stories from those whom have past life memories, from being regressed. Some years ago I found a series of four patients, on the net, whom had been regressed thro this medium, and their stories and the follow ups were very compelling. I have tried to find them since, but have had no luck so far.

I'll keep on trying to find them tho, because that's just me, relentless. lol
I remember seeing James' story on "The Ghost Inside My Child" . It's amazing.
It seems there is a typical window where children remember, then as they get older, they forget. It's interesting that you have held onto your memories.

There seem to be a lot of kids from Indonesia that do this, perhaps because their religion accepts reincarnation as something that happens. But the stories from all over are pretty interesting, especially when they can be corroborated.

For me, I get impatient when people tell me I was this or that in another life. I'm not feeling it. Plus, you could say anything at all to someone and there would be no proof one way or the other. Yeah, I'm sure I was somebody really famous and dead in another life. Right.

But it's different when the person him or herself has the memories. Fascinating. Since most people weren't Joan of Arc in another life, it would be hard to find the names and details of a past life unless it was crystal clear and filled with detail.