Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man discovers passage to Egypt's Great Pyramid — under his house
They don't say why he was digging illegally so I'm wondering if he had some idea that it was down there to begin with and just decided to take a chance on the illegal digging. I mean 33 feet down? What else can you say you were hoping to find?

Quote:Sometimes, breaking the law has its perks.

An Egyptian citizen, identified as "Nagy" by Arabic news site Ahram.org, was illegally digging in his backyard when he found a tunnel leading to the Pyramid of Khufu. The pyramid, nicknamed the Great Pyramid, is the oldest and largest of the three Giza Pyramids.

Nagy, a resident of the El Haraneya village, near the Giza Plateau, dug 33 feet beneath his house before he found the corridor, made from stone blocks. Egypt's Ministry of Antiquities sent archaeologists to the scene, and a committee confirmed the passage to be the pyramid's legendary causeway.

http://theweek.com/article/index/274420/...-his-house
'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde
That is a good point. I guess as long as he wasn't trying to hide a body, I'm cool with whatever reason he was digging. Certainly quite a discovery!
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

(01-05-2015, 11:15 AM)Bean Sidhe Wrote: They don't say why he was digging illegally so I'm wondering if he had some idea that it was down there to begin with and just decided to take a chance on the illegal digging. I mean 33 feet down? What else can you say you were hoping to find?

Quote:Sometimes, breaking the law has its perks.

An Egyptian citizen, identified as "Nagy" by Arabic news site Ahram.org, was illegally digging in his backyard when he found a tunnel leading to the Pyramid of Khufu. The pyramid, nicknamed the Great Pyramid, is the oldest and largest of the three Giza Pyramids.

Nagy, a resident of the El Haraneya village, near the Giza Plateau, dug 33 feet beneath his house before he found the corridor, made from stone blocks. Egypt's Ministry of Antiquities sent archaeologists to the scene, and a committee confirmed the passage to be the pyramid's legendary causeway.

http://theweek.com/article/index/274420/...-his-house

Thats amazing Icontexto-emoticons-03-032x032
I guess with all the violence going on in the Giza strip, maybe he was trying to make an escape route or bomb shelter.

The hero is brave in deeds as well as words - Aesop

Please all, and you will please none - Aesop
I have been reading too many silly posts by blind believers tonight.... I was about to make a joke about this post making me want to dig a 33 foot hole in my backyard to see what pyramid I could find.... before I realized it was slightly inappropriate to write (the way I was starting to write it)... so I re-wrote it as this babbling nonsense because I'm tired...
He was programed by the Masons to only go 33ft.