Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Common people and Doppelgangers
Anyone experience these?
I moved from the east coast to the west coast for 4 years in the 70's. I realize when we make these moves you look for familiar places and faces, but this was a bite more. My two living brothers at the time had the same two names as the two people who were my cousins whom I lived with, and were in the same age status for each name. Over the 4 year period I repeatedly ran into references of something from my former life. When I moved back that didn't repeat. Why one way and not the other I thought? Are we deemed to run into a certain mode of humans in our life? I wonder.
Next. When I moved to my present home I was confronted a minimum of 5 times during my first 6-8 months in this town. Each person was seriously convinced I was this other guy. One day while in a local hardware store when a local policeman approached me and began asking the same questions. This began to get real weird!!
I 'm saying to myself "I hope this guy didn't commit a crime" and these people are looking for him. Did my double step into my life? God what a strange feeling!!
You just look a lot like someone else. It happens.

I took my husband to one of my class reunions. (we won't say which one) And people kept coming up to him and calling him ,"Tom." Tom was one of my classmates. My husband was baffled that so many people "recognized" him. To top it off, he has an English accent. This was not enough of a clue for them to doubt he was Tom, and American.

At the next reunion, my husband wore a name tag, one of those HELLO MY NAME IS ones. He wrote, "Not Tom" on his. LOL
I agree with Gizmo, it does happen. I was in a convenience store years ago when I was travelling and a guy came up and said "hey baby, you ready to go?" I turned around to see a young man standing there. I said "No, but maybe the girl you're looking for is." Well, after his face turned a lovely shade of purple, his actual girlfriend showed up..and we had to agree, the resemblance was uncanny.
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html