Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Possible Cures for Sleep Paralysis
I wanted to post mine and hope others share theirs also. It was a happy coincidence that I found Holy Basil Tea leaves and it cured it. I've kept it in my house and haven't had a nightmare since. So it may be both holistic and medicinal as it is also prescribed as a nutritional supplement.

http://dreamherbs.com/herbal-products/ocimum-sanctum/

http://www.livestrong.com/article/474784...c-attacks/

I just purchased a supplement of it as well. But merely drinking a tea once a few weeks, and having it near has made the nightmares and SP completely stop. I also recommend prayer and meditation.
Since I have been taking the medication Zoloft, I have had no episodes (unless i forget to take it one or two days) it is crazy but it's true. I just wanted to take it to help my anxiety, but I noticed the episodes stopped altogether, really.
Sleep paralysis isn't an illness, it is a gift, a gateway to the most amazing oniric experiences, from that state we can get out of our bodies and explore the wonders of the astral plane, or transform them in vivid lucid dreams. I have sleep paralysis sometimes, and I am always waiting to the next time so I can explore the magical world of consciousness.
Is like if you say that babies are sick because they don't know how to talk and you pretend to "cure" them muting their voice, better to teach them how to talk.
There are techniques to transform sleep paralysis into wonderful lucid dreams, but if we "cure" them, then say goodbye to those possibilities.
Nawal, I see what you're saying, but it's the person's decision. If they don't appreciate what they are experiencing and they find a way to make it stop, they have every right to do so. Many people don't find it interesting at all- certainly not a "gift" and it's important to remember that everyone is entitled to live how they want. It's not really fair to push lucid dreaming on people either. Some people want no part of it - they just want a good nights sleep.
The real illness that need to be cured is the fear, and the only way to cure fear is facing it, because if you pretend to be unaware of it, fear and its cause will be still there hidden inside you.
If you have nightmares or if you don' t rest, that' s not sleep paralysis or lucid dreams fault. Many times sleep paralysis happen because we are having a nightmare and we try to wake up before our body is ready to do it, like a desperate effort to escape, and then, when you cannot move, fear increases, but fear was there since before and it has another cause, if you stop sleep paralysis, that doesn' t fix the causes of fear, we must go deeper inside our souls to see what are the roots of those causes, to perform that, we gotta be more aware, more lucid, not more unconscious.

I feel like you're being a little too abstract here with the "fear and its cause will be still there hidden inside you." Sometimes sleep paralysis just happens because you wake up before your body does. That in fact is scary for some people. What I am saying is that if that is scary and life disrupting, a person should go about finding out how to stop the life disrupting thing from happening (for example trying to sleep on their stomach or in different positions, do some deep breathing before bed, go to bed earlier, or if it is really bad talk to a doctor, etc.)

Sure, maybe a person can look "deeper" inside themselves but that's not really the point I was making.
(03-19-2015, 01:52 AM)flower123 Wrote: I feel like you're being a little too abstract here with the "fear and its cause will be still there hidden inside you." Sometimes sleep paralysis just happens because you wake up before your body does. That in fact is scary for some people. What I am saying is that if that is scary and life disrupting, a person should go about finding out how to stop the life disrupting thing from happening (for example trying to sleep on their stomach or in different positions, do some deep breathing before bed, go to bed earlier, or if it is really bad talk to a doctor, etc.)

Sure, maybe a person can look "deeper" inside themselves but that's not really the point I was making.

I understand the point you are making and agree 100%. If a person's life is getting affected in a negative way because of this issue, they should find a way to make it stop that is realistic. It's not about 'fear' it's about a parasomnia that can be treated with some of these suggestions. The fear comes when it happens and you feel helpless. These suggestions offer a way to empower a person.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

The holy basil tea I am for at least it is natural, zoloft and other garbage like that I don't agree with.

Nawal(every time I see their username I think Narwhale, stupid brain) is correct about the fear, it might be scary. But as it was once said there is nothing to fear but fear itself. Zoloft and the tea are treating the symptoms. Honestly speaking its best to find the cause through a doctor or the spiritual route.
"Studies Show...Intelligent girls are more depressed, because they know what the world is really like.....She knows in society she's either a Devil or an Angel with no in between. She speaks in the third person, so that she can forget that she's me." ~Emily Autumn
(03-19-2015, 07:21 AM)Fair_Luminary Wrote: The holy basil tea I am for at least it is natural, zoloft and other garbage like that I don't agree with.

Nawal(every time I see their username I think Narwhale, stupid brain) is correct about the fear, it might be scary. But as it was once said there is nothing to fear but fear itself. Zoloft and the tea are treating the symptoms. Honestly speaking its best to find the cause through a doctor or the spiritual route.

I think of the Sprint Narwhal song.
(03-20-2015, 09:50 PM)ChaosRose Wrote:
(03-19-2015, 07:21 AM)Fair_Luminary Wrote: The holy basil tea I am for at least it is natural, zoloft and other garbage like that I don't agree with.

I think of the Sprint Narwhal song.
I always liked only in kenya better.
"Studies Show...Intelligent girls are more depressed, because they know what the world is really like.....She knows in society she's either a Devil or an Angel with no in between. She speaks in the third person, so that she can forget that she's me." ~Emily Autumn

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Don't believe this was sleep paralysis and need feedback MuZach87 4 1,640 12-28-2017, 04:38 PM
Last Post: CareTaker
  Not sure if it was sleep paralysis but Somethingorother 11 3,094 10-19-2017, 02:46 AM
Last Post: rudidur
  Sleep Paralysis Explained TheGuy 0 460 08-08-2017, 03:50 PM
Last Post: TheGuy
  Have You Ever Exerienced Sleep Paralysis? Biggun 101 93,772 07-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Ghostly Lady
  Sleep Paralysis - Green Mist chopin 3 16,250 01-19-2017, 10:39 PM
Last Post: anim8or