Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does it mean when the Ouija always goes to goodbye?
I used the Ouija board quite often when I was 11-16. Nothing odd ever happened. I mostly used it because my sister and her friends were obsessed with it for awhile. Fast forward a decade, and I meet a friend that likes the Ouija board. For fun I take it out after all these years and use it again. It used to always work with me, now it always goes directly to "goodbye." It does not matter what I ask it, it just keeps going to goodbye. It will either circle goodbye or go back and forth in a straight line over goodbye. If I keep asking questions it goes to the #34. Sometimes it goes to that picture to the right of goodbye, but for the most part it just keeps circling "goodbye." Does this mean anything? Has anyone ever heard of a Ouija that refuses to talk to someone and just keeps going to "goodbye."?
I think your friend is messing with you pushing the planchet.
No, I almost always use it alone. I've only used the Ouija with him once. I know you're not supposed to use it alone, but I'm not too worried about it. I tend to believe that the people using it are moving it. The logical explanation is that I'm moving it to "goodbye" over and over again due to the ideomotor effect. But, it is odd that it would do that, since before it didn't. Even if I was moving it, it seems odd that I'd make it just go to goodbye. The ideomotor effect would likely cause me to spellout the words that I'm asking. Just out of curiosity, i thought I'd google what was going on to see if it meant anything. That search lead me to this forum.
It means leave well enough,alone.
How much have you read about Ouija sessions? Most often those who are having a "true" session always end it with goodbye. Perhaps now that your mind knows that's how it should end, you move in that direction.
'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde
Next time, turn the board upside down. See if it still finds goodbye, or if it just slips off the end where the goodbye was located before.
Maybe no one wants to talk to you. Or maybe Ouija isn't the medium you should use. I don't personally have any luck with the things. They just don't do anything. Someone told me it's because I don't believe in them, but I do believe in various types of entities, and have had experiences with them. It's just the board that doesn't seem to work for me.
It doesn't work for most people.

If that happened to me I would probably assume that someone was trying to tell me to stay away from it, but then again I'm one of those 'never ever ever use a ouija board' people.
(12-30-2014, 06:07 PM)Gizmo Wrote: Next time, turn the board upside down. See if it still finds goodbye, or if it just slips off the end where the goodbye was located before.

This sounds like a good idea to try.

(12-31-2014, 01:14 PM)ChaosRose Wrote: Maybe no one wants to talk to you. Or maybe Ouija isn't the medium you should use. I don't personally have any luck with the things. They just don't do anything. Someone told me it's because I don't believe in them, but I do believe in various types of entities, and have had experiences with them. It's just the board that doesn't seem to work for me.

It is a game after all.
'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde