Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A bear? Bigfoot? Or something else??
11-29-2014, 07:24 PM
A bear? Bigfoot? Or something else??
So a few years ago I went with my brother & his wife's two brothers and sister on a hunting trip. We went on quads and we went out during the night. We passed this area where ceremonies were held (not sure what kind) and it was a little creepy looking. Anyway, about maybe 20 minutes in we came across a dear, the weird thing is after it crossed the path it just stood there watching us and it started backing away slowly (i don't know why no one shot it haha). After we seen the deer we seen a rabbit and it did the same thing the deer did. The whole time I felt like something was following us but I didn't say anything. Maybe an hour later we came across horses and they all just stood there looking at us.
A few minutes after that we heard something loud, i can't explain what it sounded like but it sounded so scary, it didn't sound like an animal either! So when we heard that we all looked around and my brothers brother in-law seen red glowing eyes first and then we all seen it, that thing was TALL!! I doubt it was a bear! It was too dark to make out what it was (even with a spot light we couldn't make out what it was) and we all got too scared and panicked.
He drove fast all the way home. We had to pass through a field and there were bulls in that field and all of them got up and started backing up.. i don't know if that's what all animals do when they see people.
I always think about that night and wonder what it was. We talked about going back to that place. I wish I didn't get scared maybe I could've tried to investigate.
All I know was it was super tall and had red glowing eyes and it was probably following us the whole time.

What do you think we seen? A bear? Some kind of spirit? Or big foot? I don't know.. but I was so scared I almost cried. When we got back to the house we all admitted we felt like something was following us but we didn't want to say anything because we didn't want to freak each other out.
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2014, 09:28 PM
RE: A bear? Bigfoot? Or something else??
You don't need two threads on the same exact story.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-29-2014, 10:02 PM
(11-29-2014 09:28 PM)Ysbryd Wrote:  You don't need two threads on the same exact story.

Well SORRY!! Gosh, are you the Talk Paranormal police or what? Haha
11-29-2014, 10:45 PM
Just a thought...animals, when you shine a spot light or light into their eyes, can reflect red back. It looks creepy.

I'm betting you saw a wild animal of some type. I have no idea where you are, so no idea what it might have been. But Bigfoot is pretty unlikely. It's kind of weird that you'd see much of anything living, though, when you're all running quads and making a lot of engine noises.
Find all posts by this user
11-30-2014, 12:42 AM
(11-29-2014 10:45 PM)Gizmo Wrote:  Just a thought...animals, when you shine a spot light or light into their eyes, can reflect red back. It looks creepy.

I'm betting you saw a wild animal of some type. I have no idea where you are, so no idea what it might have been. But Bigfoot is pretty unlikely. It's kind of weird that you'd see much of anything living, though, when you're all running quads and making a lot of engine noises.

Our first thought was a bear but it was way too tall to be a bear and it didn't sound like a bear.

I live in Alberta, Canada.

It was weird! It's also weird because they didn't run off right away when they seen us. They just stood there and stared at us then ran off.
11-30-2014, 06:54 AM
Maybe it was just a night creature's eyes you've seen back there, and it seemed to be tall because it was up on the tree...
And maybe it was really a bear although you said you doubted it.

And about the sound you've heard... Was it like a growling or something?

Well, if it was something out of this world, I think it could be a type of the forest spirits. In my country, we call it 'Buto Ijo' (in Javanese dialect), or 'Buta Hejo' (in Sundanese dialect). Buto/Buta means 'Giant', and Ijo/Hejo means 'Green'. The Green Giant.

I know the first thing that may cross your mind when you're reading this; Hulk, haha.

Anyway, I don't know if this spirit got the name because it's resemblance a giant with green skin; I've never seen it myself. But according to those who claim that they have seen it personally, maybe it's true.

I have my own opinion about it however; in Javanese tradition, Buta Hejo is said to live in the forest and some of them became the guardians of the forest, and... well, forests in my country are green... It fits it... The Green Giant.

Buta Hejo will allow you to enter it's teritorry as long as you can behave yourself; you aren't making any unnecessary noises, hunt only enough to feed yourself and your companions (or your people back at home), you aren't littering, always ask permission everytime you need to...well... relief yourself from any urgencies, watch your language, etc.

However, it's pretty easy to provoke it in to rage. Just do something nasty, and it said you'll end up being stomped or kicked miles away by it's grand feet, or... being eaten by it.

Be careful if you're walking through the forest next time, don't look up if you're passing by a huge tree because it could be it's feet ^^

Well, just my thoughts...

Forgive my English, I think my Bahasa is better Smile
11-30-2014, 04:14 PM
(11-30-2014 06:54 AM)MaCan Wrote:  Maybe it was just a night creature's eyes you've seen back there, and it seemed to be tall because it was up on the tree...
And maybe it was really a bear although you said you doubted it.

And about the sound you've heard... Was it like a growling or something?

Well, if it was something out of this world, I think it could be a type of the forest spirits. In my country, we call it 'Buto Ijo' (in Javanese dialect), or 'Buta Hejo' (in Sundanese dialect). Buto/Buta means 'Giant', and Ijo/Hejo means 'Green'. The Green Giant.

I know the first thing that may cross your mind when you're reading this; Hulk, haha.

Anyway, I don't know if this spirit got the name because it's resemblance a giant with green skin; I've never seen it myself. But according to those who claim that they have seen it personally, maybe it's true.

I have my own opinion about it however; in Javanese tradition, Buta Hejo is said to live in the forest and some of them became the guardians of the forest, and... well, forests in my country are green... It fits it... The Green Giant.

Buta Hejo will allow you to enter it's teritorry as long as you can behave yourself; you aren't making any unnecessary noises, hunt only enough to feed yourself and your companions (or your people back at home), you aren't littering, always ask permission everytime you need to...well... relief yourself from any urgencies, watch your language, etc.

However, it's pretty easy to provoke it in to rage. Just do something nasty, and it said you'll end up being stomped or kicked miles away by it's grand feet, or... being eaten by it.

Be careful if you're walking through the forest next time, don't look up if you're passing by a huge tree because it could be it's feet ^^

Well, just my thoughts...

Forgive my English, I think my Bahasa is better Smile

"Maybe it was just a night creature's eyes you've seen back there, and it seemed to be tall because it was up on the tree..." Someone suggested that too but there were no trees big enough to hold an animal that big in the area where it was. It could've been some kind of animal i don't know.

A few days after that happened my brother spoke to an elder and he said it was a "bear spirit" I find that hard to believe. We were supposed to go back and leave some tobacco and say sorry to it but we never did.

It wasn't really growling. I've NEVER heard anything like it before. I can't explain the way it sounded.

During that time there were stories going around about some kind of creature roaming around in the woods. They said it jumped from tree to tree. I'm not sure how true that is haha

My first thought wasn't "The Hulk" my first thought was the frozen vegetables green giant LOL
12-05-2014, 12:37 AM
I found this on Wikipedia. It COULD have been a grizzly bear. As it says HERE: "A large coastal male of this size may stand up to 3 metres (9.8 ft) tall on its hind legs and be up to 1.5 metres (4.9 ft) at the shoulder." So, I don't THINK I would rule out a grizzly bear.

Most adult female grizzlies weigh 130–200 kg (290–440 lb), while adult males weigh on average 180–360 kg (400–790 lb). Average total length in this subspecies is 198 cm (6.50 ft), with an average shoulder height of 102 cm (3.35 ft) and hindfoot length of 28 cm (11 in).[11] Newborn bears may weigh less than 500 grams (1.1 lb). In the Yukon River area, mature female grizzlies can weigh as little as 100 kg (220 lb). One study found that the average weight for an inland male grizzly was around 270 kilograms (600 lb) and the average weight for a coastal male was around 408 kilograms (900 lb). For a female, these average weights would be 136 kilograms (300 lb) inland and 227 kilograms (500 lb) coastal, respectively.[12] On the other hand, an occasional huge male grizzly has been recorded which greatly exceeds ordinary size, with weights reported up to 680 kg (1,500 lb).[13] A large coastal male of this size may stand up to 3 metres (9.8 ft) tall on its hind legs and be up to 1.5 metres (4.9 ft) at the shoulder.[14] Although variable from blond to nearly black, grizzly bear fur is typically brown in color with white tips.[15] A pronounced hump appears on their shoulders; the hump is a good way to distinguish a black bear from a grizzly bear, as black bears do not have this hump.
12-08-2014, 08:28 AM
A fox will stare to capture your gaze, then look away suddenly.
You look there too, nothing, you look back at foxy, foxy gone!
01-27-2015, 05:48 PM
Barred owls are the only animal, in my experience, whose eyes produce red eyeshine. Bears are a greenish blue and deer, white. apparently alligators are red too but I can't say for sure...