Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
odd dreams
sometimes i have these dreams where i think i am wide awake. my room will look like it is when i am wide awake. then after a while i will hear these voices. and these voices will actually talk to me and everything they say will make sense. and sometimes, they will even sing to me. then when i try to move, i can't move ANY part of my body. as much as i try, i can not move. then when i wake up, i realize that it was only a dream. and sometimes, i will call for my mom but she never comes. then when i wake up and call for her, she will come in my room to see what i want. a long time ago, i told my mother about these dreams and she said, that she has the same kind of dreams. i felt relieved because i felt that i was the only one who had these dreams. my aunt, told my mother about these dreams and she said, that she would have dreams where she would think that she is wide awake that that her dolls were doing stuff to her. my mother said that people will take drugs and deprive themselves of sleep just to have these kind of dreams. i'm thinking this is sleep paralysis. which is why i put it here. can anyone tell what this is?
It sounds like sleep paralysis.
That's what I thought too, Gizmo. Yeah. Because, i can not move an inch. I am going to say it is sleep paralysis, too.
Yep, it sounds like sleep paralysis to me, too... When it comes to you again, try to move your finger. I think a slightest movement is enough to break it and bring you fully awake.... I had sleep paralysis quite often when I was a kid, and that's how I managed to break most of them...
hi, MaCan. Smile I actually have moved my finger. so, you are right. the slightest movement IS enough to break it and bring me fully awake. Smile i just don't understand how i can move my finger a little and not any other part of my body. that is the weird part.
Happened to me once. I would agree with sleep paralysis. Had no history of it. Just happened one night. Felt a slight pressure on me. A little unnerving. I eventually managed to roll myself over. Although a lot of my body was still not functioning. Concentrated on getting to sleep, by blocking the events that were happening. Woke up, and put it to one side. It has never happened again. Why it happened in the first place, i will never know. Scientist will say this and that. Often good theories. But that is all they are. I have video'd myself sleeping at night. And there are quite a few times, when i move. Or even appear to open my eyes for a short while. But never have any memory of it. I know there are varies stages in the sleep cycle. But my advice is, try and put what is happening, to one side. Relax. And focus on getting back to sleep. Nothing is going to hurt you ! x
(12-06-2014, 07:18 PM)Emma Wrote: hi, MaCan. Smile I actually have moved my finger. so, you are right. the slightest movement IS enough to break it and bring me fully awake. Smile i just don't understand how i can move my finger a little and not any other part of my body. that is the weird part.

Hi Emma Smile

Well, I'm afraid I can't answer that question myself...

Come to think of it, when I had a sleep paralysis myself back there, I think I was trying to move any part of my body for most of the times. But somehow it looked to me that my finger (and it was usually my right index finger, by the way) was the easiest part of my body to response the efforts. But I think it's not impossible for us to move some other parts of our body, although it may need some more efforts, because I think I was once managed to move my feet as well. But as far as I can recall, that happened to me only once. I was also able to move my hand-not just my finger, for once or twice, and I woke up with one of my hands raised above my body, thightly fisted like I was just hit something with it. And also, for once or twice, I think I was able to open my mouth...

Forgive my English, I think my Bahasa is better Smile
Smile thank you, for your wonderful response, MaCan. it is much appreciated. and your English is perfect. Smile

And thank you too, LESTER. I will try that. Smile
(12-07-2014, 12:48 PM)Emma Wrote: Smile thank you, for your wonderful response, MaCan. it is much appreciated. and your English is perfect. Smile

And thank you too, LESTER. I will try that. Smile

You're welcome, Emma, and thank you Smile
You're welcome, MaCan. Smile