Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Has anyone found crystals useful?
11-04-2014, 07:47 AM
Has anyone found crystals useful?
I'm still a little sceptical towards crystals. I know it has been scientifically proven that they hold a form of energy, and increase a person's energy when holding a stone...but when I read what certain crystals are "good for", I can't help but wonder "how do they know that?"...

Is it all just knowledge that was passed on?

I wish there was a bit more science about it...because considering the different make up of every crystal, there might be truth to them having a different for of energy.

This site talks about the use of crystals...if that was true I'd decorate the whole house with them ;P

http://www.texasghostandspirit.com/how-t...nd-demons/

Quote:Protection from negative energies: black kyanite, black obsidian, black onyx, black tourmaline (transmutes to positive energy), bornite, celestite, citrine, elestial crystals, jet (absorbs negative energies), katanganite, kunzite, peacock ore, plancheite, quartz and smoky quartz (especially in healing).
Protection for children: agate (especially blue lace agate and green moss agate), jade, malachite, ruby and mother of pearl (for newborn infants in particular).

Grounding: agate, apache tears, bloodstone, boji stones (Kansas pop rocks), brecciated jasper, candle quartz, carnelian, cuprite, dalmatian jasper, fluorite, garnet, hematite, obsidian, salt, smoky quartz, tiger iron (mugglestone), topaz and unakite.

Angelic communication and protection: angelite, amethyst flowers, aquamarine, blue lace agate, celestite, danburite, moonstone, morganite, muscovite and selenite.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2014, 07:57 AM
RE: Has anyone found crystals useful?
On one hand, i am really dubious about crystal power. REALLY dubious. It sounds like hocus pocus to me, and makes no sense. So, my response has been to ignore them, mostly. But what bugs me- and I haven't figured it out- is why black tourmaline seems to help to clear energies that are negative. A lot of people have used it in places where they have been annoyed by activity and they report that it slows or stops when they put it there. I dunno.

Part of me thinks it's placebo, but too many people have used it to good purpose, so I kind of think why not? It can't hurt, and it seems to help.

Also, some people who are sensitive say they actually have trouble holding it for any length of time. But I haven't experienced that.
11-04-2014, 08:36 AM
(11-04-2014 07:57 AM)Gizmo Wrote:  On one hand, i am really dubious about crystal power. REALLY dubious. It sounds like hocus pocus to me, and makes no sense. So, my response has been to ignore them, mostly. But what bugs me- and I haven't figured it out- is why black tourmaline seems to help to clear energies that are negative. A lot of people have used it in places where they have been annoyed by activity and they report that it slows or stops when they put it there. I dunno.

Part of me thinks it's placebo, but too many people have used it to good purpose, so I kind of think why not? It can't hurt, and it seems to help.

Also, some people who are sensitive say they actually have trouble holding it for any length of time. But I haven't experienced that.

Very interesting about the black tourmaline!

For sure gems have some influence on energy. Scientists were able to visualize it with a camera. Also that a persons energy changes (increases) with a crystal. So it could mean that it has some sort of effect on paranormal energy as well.
Maybe black tourmaline just holds a very distinct type of energy that interferes with certain types of paranormal energy?

It's composition is more complicated than most crystals:

Quote:The tourmaline mineral group is chemically one of the most complicated groups of silicate minerals. Its composition varies widely because of isomorphous replacement (solid solution), and its general formula can be written as

XY3Z6(T6O18)(BO3)3V3W,

where:[8]

X = Ca, Na, K, ៛ = vacancy

Y = Li, Mg, Fe2+, Mn2+, Zn, Al, Cr3+, V3+, Fe3+, Ti4+, vacancy

Z = Mg, Al, Fe3+, Cr3+, V3+

T = Si, Al, B

B = B, vacancy

V = OH, O

W = OH, F, O

My own experience is that certain stones do turn very warm in my hand or create a tingling sensation after some time. I have also tested to see how they influence my dreams and there seems to be an effect also.
11-04-2014, 08:56 AM
Black Tourmaline and Obsidian are 2 of the most powerful crystals. The good thing about this stone is that it does not absorb negativity, but changes or alters it or transmutes it into positive energy. This means it improves the vibration of the area where it is located. There are stones that send back the negative energy... but this stone will not do that unless it has inclusions of mica in it... seen as a silvery inclusion in the stone.

Many people are not aware that normal Black Tourmaline simply changes negative energy to positive energy. But if it also contains mica, it will send bad feelings back to the person who sent it, allowing the sender to realize what has occurred. The best stone to use to send negative energy back to where it came from is Fire Agate.
11-04-2014, 10:28 AM
(11-04-2014 08:56 AM)CDS Wrote:  Black Tourmaline and Obsidian are 2 of the most powerful crystals. The good thing about this stone is that it does not absorb negativity, but changes or alters it or transmutes it into positive energy. This means it improves the vibration of the area where it is located. There are stones that send back the negative energy... but this stone will not do that unless it has inclusions of mica in it... seen as a silvery inclusion in the stone.

Many people are not aware that normal Black Tourmaline simply changes negative energy to positive energy. But if it also contains mica, it will send bad feelings back to the person who sent it, allowing the sender to realize what has occurred. The best stone to use to send negative energy back to where it came from is Fire Agate.

Very interesting! Thank you! I will have a look at fire Agate too!

Do you know how important the size of the stone is?
11-04-2014, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2014 10:35 AM by CDS.)
Size is not real important. The stones can even be cut, polished and mounted in jewelry.

However the best thing is to get raw unpolished tourmaline and it should be naturally terminated.

Also there is science (physics) behind the properties of crystals and why they work.
Remember Quartz crystal watches?
11-04-2014, 11:21 AM
(11-04-2014 10:32 AM)CDS Wrote:  Size is not real important. The stones can even be cut, polished and mounted in jewelry.

However the best thing is to get raw unpolished tourmaline and it should be naturally terminated.

Also there is science (physics) behind the properties of crystals and why they work.
Remember Quartz crystal watches?

Yes, I know there is some science, but for certain things I wasn't able to find answers. Like how we can know a certain crystal is good for X mainly. Their energy I don't doubt. If you have an interesting links feel free to share Smile

Good to hear jewelry works too. I have been collecting gem stone jewelry ever since I can remember and am always on the hunt for new stones Wink

I will try to see if I can find raw crystals too however. Sometimes I see raw crystals made into a pendant too.
11-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Great book about crystals and their metaphysical properties is "Love is in the Earth" by Melody it's quite expensive but worth it. It has lots of different information such as cleansing them etc...also

You walk in the long grass and wonder why you can not see!!
11-05-2014, 06:53 AM
(11-04-2014 01:29 PM)pix Wrote:  Great book about crystals and their metaphysical properties is "Love is in the Earth" by Melody it's quite expensive but worth it. It has lots of different information such as cleansing them etc...also

Thanks for the tip! Smile Always love a good book.
11-06-2014, 08:02 AM
Found a raw black tourmaline ring. It think for me that would work well because I always wear some sort of gemstone jewelry. Will see if I can find single crystals at a shop too though. Smile

[Image: il_fullxfull.666591015_dbyw.jpg]