Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pope praises exorcists.
10-29-2014, 04:16 PM
Pope praises exorcists.
Catholic Church law requires that every diocese has at least one specially-trained priest who can perform exorcisms, although the Vatican says that demonic possession is very rare and that the majority of cases that are investigated turn out to be people suffering from mental illnesses.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...works.html

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2014, 07:55 PM
RE: Pope praises exorcists.
The Vatican claims that all other avenues are explored and I know they don't just do them willy-nilly...in some places. However, Italy has been seeing a demand for more. They do require a lot of screening, but I have to wonder--who are the psychiatrists that are signing off and saying there is no mental illness present? I would like very much to know what they are basing that on and why. Not individual cases--I realize there are laws preventing them from discussing things in detail. But seriously, what psychiatrists are going along with exorcisms being okay?

Ah, Pope. Ya take two steps forward and three steps back. Stop okaying this crapola and welcome to the 21rst century.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html
10-31-2014, 07:16 AM
From reading most posts on this site, it becomes clear to me that the majority of people are inclined to believe that there are other life forms beside ourselves. These may be spirits demons etc. I tended to accept that there were happenings that could not be attributed to human intervention. I was searching for a logical explanation and the natural occurrence of physical laws as yet unidentified. However on two occasions and two separate locations, I have been scared out of my wits by hearing crashes of such intensity that I have run out of a bedroom and sort refuge in a lighted room with t.v. hastily switched on. Needless to say the next morning there was no disturbance in either room. So as I see it. there is evil intent. By whom? I have to admit the possibility of there being evil personified. Why dismiss the possibility of the devil? No smoke without fire.
10-31-2014, 08:47 AM
You can also say no fire without fuel and an source of the spark to start it.

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
10-31-2014, 07:06 PM
(10-31-2014 07:16 AM)lilypad Wrote:  I was searching for a logical explanation and the natural occurrence of physical laws as yet unidentified. However on two occasions and two separate locations, I have been scared out of my wits by hearing crashes of such intensity that I have run out of a bedroom and sort refuge in a lighted room with t.v. hastily switched on. Needless to say the next morning there was no disturbance in either room. So as I see it. there is evil intent. By whom? I have to admit the possibility of there being evil personified. Why dismiss the possibility of the devil? No smoke without fire.
Why does hearing an unexplained crash have to be evil intention or the devil personified?

I'd strongly suggest that it might just be an as yet unexplained crashing noise. Possibly paranormal - possibly not. And by your description, startling, but not too dangerous.
02-29-2016, 04:49 AM
Exploding head syndrome

02-29-2016, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-29-2016 07:59 AM by albie.)
I heard an explosion once. It was right by my head. No reason for it.

Another time I was in a room with about thirty other people and we all heard a window being smashed. The noise seemed to have been coming from inside the room but nothing could be found. One guy said the noise seemed to be manifesting right near his face. It may be coincidence that the building was burgled a week later and a large window smashed.

The building was reputed to be haunted. A pretty famous guy called Arthur Lucan died there when it was a theatre. It is said he haunts the place. He was famous for dressing up as an old lady and calling himself old mother Riley.

I also once heard a crash behind my TV. It sounded like a stone crashing to the ground. Nothing there.

But then I am insane...