Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haunted places/local legends in west Pennsylvania
Hi, does anyone know of any haunted sights or local legends in west Pennsylvania? Preferibly in the counties of armstrong,venango,butler,and clarion as i know tjese counties pretty well. So far I've found a few cemeteries that supposedly have some activity there. Subject of local hauntings or local legends have always interested me, and i wanted to see if I could find some more.
That's just a stone's throw from Pittsburg. There are bound to be stories in Pittsburg.

Most of the interesting places I know in PA are to the east. This inlcudes, but is not limited to Centralia, Gettysburg, Three Mile Island, Eastern State Penitentiary, The Crayola Crayon Factory in Easton (closed on Mondays... guess when I was there?), Hershey.

Not much is said about the west side of PA. If you find anything, let me know. I'm always game for a good story-- especially one I haven't heard before.
Haunted Acres Sidman PA
PennHurst Asylum SpringCity PA
Field of Screams MountVille PA
East State Pen/Phil,PA
Google you'll find more.
(10-21-2014, 12:18 AM)jadewik Wrote: That's just a stone's throw from Pittsburg. There are bound to be stories in Pittsburg.

Most of the interesting places I know in PA are to the east. This inlcudes, but is not limited to Centralia, Gettysburg, Three Mile Island, Eastern State Penitentiary, The Crayola Crayon Factory in Easton (closed on Mondays... guess when I was there?), Hershey.

Not much is said about the west side of PA. If you find anything, let me know. I'm always game for a good story-- especially one I haven't heard before.
When I think local legends in pittsburgh one that stands out in my mind is blue myst road. Supposed to be all sorts of spooky stuff there including stories that there was some sort of cult meeting spot there one time and that people have apperently spotted mysterious figures on the road. Look it up there's some interesting stories there. Pretty sure the actual roads not called blue myst road either.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World's 7 Most Horrifying Haunted Places Jocelyn R 1 599 02-09-2018, 08:47 AM
Last Post: TheresaHPIR
  Haunted Places in Los Angeles HorrorFan76 0 1,061 04-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Last Post: HorrorFan76
  Haunted Places in the UK EVP Recordings 6 4,356 05-19-2015, 10:19 AM
Last Post: GypsyLaneSpirits
  Haunted places in NW Ohio or SE Michigan ChargerSRT09 12 13,970 04-24-2015, 01:10 AM
Last Post: bevness
  Anyone know of haunted places in Montana or surrounding states? believer17 1 2,688 07-27-2014, 08:59 AM
Last Post: ChaosRose