Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about talismans
Can talismans when worn grant wishes?
Only three..... or was that the magic lamp .... I get those wishy things mixed up
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
(10-15-2014, 04:14 PM)UglyNRude Wrote: Only three..... or was that the magic lamp .... I get those wishy things mixed up

Yes, the lamp is three..and be careful what you wish for. Blueoh

A lot of people believe that talismans protect from harm but I haven't ever heard of a belief in granting wishes. It's not something I really subscribe to, so I couldn't tell you. I know that the New Age shop a few blocks from me makes a killing on selling them.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

(10-15-2014, 04:13 PM)fgoad88 Wrote: Can talismans when worn grant wishes?

Generally, they're for protection. Even when sorcerers attempt to make contact with entities for the purpose of divining knowledge or asking for favors, it isn't the talisman that is responsible. The talisman, among other protective elements, is just meant to help keep them safe from whatever they happen to be trying to conjure.